PDA

View Full Version : Macintosh Moved to Second Team On Monday. Bowe Playing Strong With First.

Big Daddy Tek
08-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Camp Practice Update 8/17 P.M. | Chiefs Football at BobGretz.com (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/camp-practice-update-817-p-m.html)

According to Bob Gretz, Barry Richardson played every down with the first string at right tackle. I know this makes me and alot of other Chiefcrowd members pretty happy. Hopefully Barry is actually earning his position, rather than a default situation because of how bad Sackintosh was in the preseason game.

He also mentioned that Copper got injured and D-Bowe came in and caught three passes from Cassell. Go Bowe!

Chief Tyler
08-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm hoping Barry is able to transition to RG or LG eventually, lock down that spot with his new found fitness and agility. Maybe find a RT in the 2nd or 3rd rounds next year. Man, it's way too early to even think about the draft.

captainamerica
08-18-2009, 02:23 AM
How bad was Copper's injury?

doobs_05
08-18-2009, 02:50 AM
They should keep Cassel and Bowe together so they get chemistry and understand each other

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Makes sense to me.

honda522
08-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I thought OL would look like this.

Albert Waters Niswanger Goff (Badass F/A signed Shortly)

Canada
08-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I like badass F/A!! Lets sign him now!!:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
08-18-2009, 09:11 AM
They should keep Cassel and Bowe together so they get chemistry and understand each other

I agree with this. By now I'm sure Bowe gets the point, so it's important that they get to build a rapport now.

Glad McIntosh was demoted. He sucks.

honda522
08-18-2009, 09:12 AM
We need to bring a guy like Wille Roaf.

Big Daddy Tek
08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
How bad was Copper's injury?

He was seen on the stionary bikes in no mans land, so probably not that bad. You know Pioli, they arent gonna tell us nothin.

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
We need to bring a guy like Wille Roaf.

Another Willie Raof = Good! :D

chiefsfreak4life
08-18-2009, 08:26 PM

I want one of his jerseys!!!

Coach
08-18-2009, 09:09 PM
One of the best off-season moves so far.

DT14PRIEST
08-18-2009, 10:05 PM
i've heard only encouraging news about barry come from training camp and thats a positive after hearing almost nothing about him previously...

maybe now i can wear my barry richardson jersey proudly

AkChief49
08-18-2009, 10:47 PM
did you guys see this ?Croyle making a move in Kansas City?
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 18, 2009 8:23 PM ET
Over the weekend, we almost wrote a post on Brodie Croyle appearing to pass Tyler Thigpen on Kansas City's quarterback depth chart. Ultimately, it didn't make the cut.

On Tuesday, Kansas City Star writer Kent Babb wrote that he thought Croyle was playing so well, "he's threatening [Matt] Cassel's job."

Now that's a post.

Babb's bold declaration -- on Twitter, not in the newspaper -- defies logic. Not only did the Chiefs trade for Cassel to be the starter, they handed him a huge contract only a month ago.

Seeing Cassel on the bench would be the most surprising development of a preseason in which Michael Vick became Donovan McNabb's teammate.

Then again, Chiefs coach Todd Haley didn't douse water on the notion Tuesday. Asked if Cassel has been the best quarterback in camp, Haley said: "I'll hold off on answering that."

We've read that Cassel has been inconsistent at times, but overall the reviews of his camp performance have been positive. Croyle played well in Kansas City's preseason opener, but it's hard to believe that would be enough to threaten Cassel.

It is clear, though, that Tyler Thigpen is the forgotten man in Kansas City. Babb wonders if Thigpen will even make the team.

It's also clear that Chiefs coach Todd Haley thinks his team needs some tough love after the Herm Edwards era. Asked Tuesday about Brett Favre's return, Haley turned the focus back inward.

"I'm just worried about this house. It's on fire, and I'm trying to keep it from burning down."
Brodie is pushing for starter?

Coach
08-18-2009, 10:51 PM
did you guys see this?Latest News and Rumors | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/) Brodie is pushing for starter?

Brodie is becoming the "Brett Favre" of the Chiefs. Brodie please go away already.

AussieChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Bowe - 1st string, thats more like it!

Chiefster
08-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Brodie is becoming the "Brett Favre" of the Chiefs. Brodie please go away already.

:lol:

Maybe Detroit would take him.

AussieChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 01:27 AM
:lol:

Maybe Detroit would take him.
Well IF he does start playing better and can stay out of getting injured IMO he may be should be getting cut some slack.

Chiefster
08-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Well IF he does start playing better and can stay out of getting injured IMO he may be should be getting cut some slack.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Well, ok if you say so. :D

doobs_05
08-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Whats going to happen if Croyle is better than Cassel.....

AkChief49
08-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Whats going to happen if Croyle is better than Cassel.....

Cats and dogs, living together... Mass hysteria!ha!

doobs_05
08-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Cats and dogs, living together... Mass hysteria!ha!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!