PDA

View Full Version : This is just funny...

texaschief
08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
http://twitter.com/kb_kcstar/status/3391618543

Add this to Haley's comment when asked if Cassel was the best QB in camp... ""I’ll hold out on answering that right now"... and this is becoming quite humorous.

Wasn't Croyle supposed to be cut before camp even started? LMAO

Who's the highest paid back up in the NFL right now? Any clue? I sure hope Cassel starts to pick things up because we all know what Croyle is and if he's going to be the starter this season, we're in trouble. Backing up Tom Brady and Carson Palmer is one thing, but to be relegated to backing up Brodie Croyle is something COMPLETELY different.

honda522
08-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Oh come on Tex Chief, well all know Cassel is destined for great things.

AkChief49
08-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Is he? I still say that Thigpen is as good as Cassell, if you look at the numbers. throw in that Cassell played for the Patriots and their bevy of WR's...old argument I know, but seems to have at least a little merit. Croyle, if he could ever stay healthy, has as good an arm as any of them. Who ever starts, I'm all for him.

honda522
08-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Is he? I still say that Thigpen is as good as Cassell, if you look at the numbers. throw in that Cassell played for the Patriots and their bevy of WR's...old argument I know, but seems to have at least a little merit. Croyle, if he could ever stay healthy, has as good an arm as any of them. Who ever starts, I'm all for him.
Both were playing their rookie seasons basically. Both had alot of room to improve, remember the big difference is the WIN column.

AkChief49
08-18-2009, 11:11 PM

Both were playing their rookie seasons basically. Both had alot of room to improve, remember the big difference is the WIN column.
a big reason for that column

jmlamerson
08-18-2009, 11:29 PM

Add this to Haley's comment when asked if Cassel was the best QB in camp... ""I’ll hold out on answering that right now"... and this is becoming quite humorous.

Who's the highest paid back up in the NFL right now? Any clue? I sure hope Cassel starts to pick things up because we all know what Croyle is and if he's going to be the starter this season, we're in trouble. Backing up Tom Brady and Carson Palmer is one thing, but to be relegated to backing up Brodie Croyle is something COMPLETELY different.

You are moving past wishful thinking and into delusion. Croyle will not be beating out Cassel this or any other season for the Chiefs.

Chief Tyler
08-19-2009, 12:45 AM

Did you watch the game at all? (I'd typically refrain from forming concrete opinions about somebody this early, but I'll make an exception here). Thigpen was awful. He could scramble, yes, but he looked uncomfortable in the pocket and made some bad throws. Cassel suffered 2 drops and a fumbled snap, but Croyle fumbled a snap at camp today. Anybody that is making conclusions like this at the present is crazy. Lets wait and see what Cassel does with a real WR squad and hopefully a few snaps behind a line that doesn't collapse immediately. (If you didn't notice the number 2 line dominated the Texans number 2 DLine, Croyle had all the time in the world and plenty of holes opened up for the running game). Also, from what everybody is saying, Cassel is the leader on and off the field that Croyle isn't. In the end though, Cassel didn't sign a 6 year contract to sit behind a Herm Edwards era bust QB.

AussieChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 01:13 AM

Who's the highest paid back up in the NFL right now? Any clue? I sure hope Cassel starts to pick things up because we all know what Croyle is and if he's going to be the starter this season, we're in trouble. Backing up Tom Brady and Carson Palmer is one thing, but to be relegated to backing up Brodie Croyle is something COMPLETELY different.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
08-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Haley is just being cryptic is all.

doobs_05
08-19-2009, 02:54 AM

HA...to me he is still a one year wonder....he doesn't have a very good line or weapons here in KC but if he can prove me wrong in the regular season .....i'll be happy and believe he has "IT"

DT14PRIEST
08-19-2009, 05:00 AM
A players performance in camp versus their actual play in a meaningful game (not preseason) are two vastly different scenario's especially considering all the...crap...thats been going on in this years camp with everything being jostled around.

Croyle is Croyle. A QB with all the intangibles minus the durability. If anyone here honestly believes that Croyle is the future...I think it speaks for itself if anyone does.

I don't buy anything on Thigpen though...he looked as bad as he did last year and would probably look worse this year without TG to throw too 90% of the time. Hell, if I wanted a QB that could do what Thigpen does then I would have lobbied for Michael Vick, an actual QB that can do everything Thigpen does only much better.

MAtt Guirtezz (sp?)...no comment.

As it is right now I'm pulling for Cassel but I'm not sold on anyone.

Three7s
08-19-2009, 05:21 AM
From what I've been hearing, Cassel has had three awful days of practice. Yesterday was particularly bad. I heard that he couldn't hit open guys deep for his life. And no, I'm not joking.

texaschief
08-19-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm going to be sick if Croyle is the starter and we wasted a 2nd round pick and all that money on a guy who can't even outperform a 3rd round piece of glass.

The only thing that gives me comfort is the fact that Pioli has seen this guy play for a couple years... in practice, games, etc. He spent the draft picks and money with a good idea of what he was getting. Hopefully this is just a bad week or so and he isn't buckling under the pressure of having to be "THE GUY" on which an entire franchise is building upon.

Chiefster
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I thought he was throwing to Bowe and doing well.

Canada
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
He'll be fine!!

Bike
08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
He'll be fine!!
Yep. And he is practicing against a pretty good defense..:11:

yashi
08-19-2009, 03:40 PM
We should trade Croyle to Denver for Marshall. :D

He'd never get hit behind that OL.

PawnshopMarimba
08-19-2009, 05:41 PM
lol, if only Denver would bite on that one.

Ldub
08-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I dont care who of the three is starting, as long as Haley puts the best of the three on the feild. I dont want Cassel in there if hes not the best of the three just because he makes more.

Pro_Angler
08-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I love Brodie and I still think he is the best QB on our team

Vandelay
08-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Dosen't matter if he can't take a hit.
Let's not hit the panic button on Cassel just yet, it's still early.

Chiefster
08-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Dosen't matter if he can't take a hit.
Let's not hit the panic button on Cassel just yet, it's still early.

Agreed! :bananen_smilies046:

doobs_05
08-20-2009, 02:29 AM
ok im not sure who ever said "lets see how cassel does with a real wr squad" my question is what real wr squad are you talking about?

duh, bowe and the old timers..

Canada
08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
ok im not sure who ever said "lets see how cassel does with a real wr squad" my question is what real wr squad are you talking about?Maybe the starters. That would seem like a fair thing to do before passing judgement on the guy. I mean, as reasonable as it sounds to toss our WR corps and QB out the window, I would still like to see them actually play together. But thats just me!! :bananen_smilies046:

bigpoppachief
08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Well the third preseason game is usually the preseason game that really tells the story of who is doing what. That first game Cassell did not look bad and you cant always go by stats because you must factor in the drops and the bad weather the bumbled fumble really wasnt cassells fault either. I am all for putting the ebst guy in there no matter who it is but let's give the guy a fair chance as well

yashi
08-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I really do hope Bowe starts on Saturday. I'm not really interested in seeing him look like Jerry Rice out there playing against practice squad guys again. I want to see him look like Jerry Rice going against Jared Allen and company. :D

Also want to see the first of many Cassel to Bowe hook ups to come.

Bike
08-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Maybe one day he'll win a game...

Three7s
08-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Maybe one day he'll win a game...
If he gets a shot, then coaching won't be an excuse, as far as I can tell. The only way will be him not breaking.

Chiefster
08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe the starters. That would seem like a fair thing to do before passing judgement on the guy. I mean, as reasonable as it sounds to toss our WR corps and QB out the window, I would still like to see them actually play together. But thats just me!! :bananen_smilies046:

...And me.

hermhater
08-20-2009, 03:58 PM
When is the game tomorrow?

Canada
08-20-2009, 04:23 PM
When is the game tomorrow?yes:D

hermhater
08-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Did they change the time we are playing or just when the NFL network is going to air it?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/GIF/NFL.Network/brett.favre.press.conference.game.time.jpg

Canada
08-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Did they change the time we are playing or just when the NFL network is going to air it?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
Thats the time for the NFL Network Re air

hermhater
08-20-2009, 07:25 PM
OK cool.

I was worried.

texaschief
08-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Cassel looked MUCH better. The O-line has gotten worse.

Three7s
08-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Cassel looked MUCH better. The O-line has gotten worse.
O-line didn't get worse, they just played against the best D-line in the NFL, and that's without Williams and Allen. They still stink though.

kcvet
08-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Cassel can do the job. he just needs the tools

Canada
08-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Cassel can do the job. he just needs the tools

But we got rid of Herm and CP!! :D

kcvet
08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
But we got rid of Herm and CP!! :D

best thing we ever did !!!! but if we had a better O line we could win some games this year. and some WR's without stone hands !!!! you see Gutieerez paly sat ???? that guy throw's bee bee's