PDA

View Full Version : Burress pleads guitly.

honda522
08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Ex-Giant Burress pleads guilty in weapons case - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txburressweaponscharge&prov=st&type=lgns)

Min 3.5 years in jail.

I kinda think he is getting jacked big time. Remind how long Vick served?

I thought we all had the right to bare arms, so why isn't he just getting a huge lump sum penalty? He has already sat out a year.

hermhater
08-20-2009, 10:14 PM
He turned down the first plea bargain that was only keep him in jail for 30 days,.

Now he has to do 2 years.

And he didn't have a license to carry a firearm in New York.

Then he tried to hide the gun by giving it to one of his buddies.

He did just about everything wrong you could do in that situation.

honda522
08-20-2009, 11:14 PM
He turned down the first plea bargain that was only keep him in jail for 30 days,.

Now he has to do 2 years.

And he didn't have a license to carry a firearm in New York.

Then he tried to hide the gun by giving it to one of his buddies.

He did just about everything wrong you could do in that situation.
But two years in Jail for what I would consider a mistamedor, you have to be kidding.

I am not against punishment for him, but dam.

doobs_05
08-21-2009, 03:35 AM
when will they learn....they see other players get in trouble but they just keep doing it.

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 03:36 AM
He's an idiot.

stricken721
08-21-2009, 03:59 AM
He's an idiot.

That's putting it lightly

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 04:03 AM
That's putting it lightly

Well I try to be nice. :D

stricken721
08-21-2009, 04:07 AM
Well I try to be nice. :D

Just refer to him as that Uneducated American Plaxico Burress. That's pretty nice. :lol:

stricken721
08-21-2009, 04:07 AM
and politically correct

brish
08-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Firing a gun in a public / croweded place like a nightclub, a misdemeanor??
He could have injured or even killed someone else instead, and the fact that he tried to sleazeball out of it by hiding the gun, only makes it so much worse..
I won't go into your whole attitude to guns and the right to carry them over there, but from a europeans POV it's just crazy..

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Just refer to him as that Uneducated American Plaxico Burress. That's pretty nice. :lol:

and politically correct

Meh, he's an idiot; it's shorter. :D

honda522
08-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Firing a gun in a public / croweded place like a nightclub, a misdemeanor??
He could have injured or even killed someone else instead, and the fact that he tried to sleazeball out of it by hiding the gun, only makes it so much worse..
I won't go into your whole attitude to guns and the right to carry them over there, but from a europeans POV it's just crazy..
Its not like he pulled the gun out and shot it at the ceiling. It was an accidental discharge.