PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzo Neal?

jap1
08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Apparently Lorenzo Neal was cut by the Faiders. He is apparently healthy, just didnt fit into their plans. I do not know how much our Offense is going to use the FB, but I wonder if he is worth getting. He was always setting up LT with his blocking back when LT was hurt every week.

I am not dissatisfied with Mike Cox, I just havent seen anything from him because he wasnt much used last year. Curious to hear the thoughts of those who have seen our offense play.

honda522
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I think that would be a cool signing, but thats just me.

DT14PRIEST
08-20-2009, 10:42 PM
waste of space...no offense to him, but I doubt we'll run the ball enough to warrant his pay and age and taking up a spot on the roster.

Pass

jap1
08-21-2009, 01:04 AM
waste of space...no offense to him, but I doubt we'll run the ball enough to warrant his pay and age and taking up a spot on the roster.

Pass

I hope we run the ball alot. I dont think our offense has the ability to be a pass-happy offense quite yet. I dont trust our line and WRs to put the season in their hands.

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 01:20 AM
I hope we run the ball alot. I dont think our offense has the ability to be a pass-happy offense quite yet. I dont trust our line and WRs to put the season in their hands.

Yeah, but I'd like to see that come together a little more this Saturday.

doobs_05
08-21-2009, 02:55 AM
It would be a good sign IMO.

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 02:58 AM
It would in deed.

doobs_05
08-21-2009, 02:59 AM
If our line can hold up and LJ can stop being a little ***** and run the ball, then we need a good FB like the old days (well not that old) with Tony Richardson

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 03:03 AM
I miss Richardson!

doobs_05
08-21-2009, 03:03 AM
I miss Richardson!

as do i......as do i..

DT14PRIEST
08-21-2009, 03:06 AM
If our line can hold up and LJ can stop being a little ***** and run the ball, then we need a good FB like the old days (well not that old) with Tony Richardson

I know its just preseason but LJ was running with authority those 4 carries compared to last year.

Last year one little dink and LJ would fall down but after watching this one preseason game LJ was running like the LJ of old

With a chip on his shoulder. If he can keep that up throughout the season we shouldn't have to worry to much about the RB position with Battle/Charles to pick up behind him.

pbatrucker
08-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Haley said the starters would play at least the first half tonight. But so far he hasn't said who the starters would be. I'm wondering if he is going to give Cassel some time with Bowe, Toomer, Ingram and Bradley. The depth chart hasn't been updated, so I guess we'll wait til game time to find out.

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 07:29 AM
as do i......as do i..

Hello...Hello...Hello...

Haley said the starters would play at least the first half tonight. But so far he hasn't said who the starters would be. I'm wondering if he is going to give Cassel some time with Bowe, Toomer, Ingram and Bradley. The depth chart hasn't been updated, so I guess we'll wait til game time to find out.

...This.

yashi
08-21-2009, 03:20 PM
I think we're good with Cox. Carrying 2 fullbacks is wasting a roster spot, and LJ was 9th in the league last year in YPC among backs with at least 100 carries playing with Cox.

Neal's nice, but he's old and wouldn't be around very long. Cox is only 24.

By the way, I still believe that this will be a pass happy offense. Haley's background is with wide receivers and the passing game, and our defense probably isn't going to be great so we may have to abandon the run sometimes.

Pass blocking wasn't that bad, at least for the first team offense. Cassel wasn't sacked and Croyle was only sacked once. The backups sucked though, Thigpen was running for his life out there.

Canada
08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Plus its fun yelling "Look out for Mike Cox" during the game!! :)

ktmrider
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Plus its fun yelling "Look out for Mike Cox" during the game!! :)

:funnypost: :lol: :funnypost: :lol: :bananen_smilies046: :toast2:

captainamerica
08-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Anytime you can make an upgrade at any position that's a good thing and Lorenzo Neal even with his age would be an upgrade for us at the FB position. In my opinion FB is one of the most underrated positions on the field. Having a good FB like Neal would really help us out in the running game and would help to make up for the fact that our O-line still needs some work to be done.

wolfpack
08-24-2009, 11:59 AM
if we can pick him up cheap then have a look. if the faiders cut him then there must not be much left in the tank.

yashi
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
My stance on signing Neal has changed a little since that last game after seeing how little running room we had. I'm still not sure how much we'll utilize a fullback, but I think it's safe to say the more blockers protecting Cassel, the better.

At this point I almost think we should sign Lorenzo Neal and plug him at right tackle... or maybe we can become the first team that I can ever remember to use 2 fullbacks in a split back formation.

H-townChiefsFan
08-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Didnt he have knee surgery last year? I would imagine it would be worth a tryout at least, I am trusting Pioli knows better than most if he has anything left in the tank...

Seek
08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Lorenzo Neil, was one of the best FB in the league for years, and year and years and years. I hated him as a Charger. The guy is 38 going on 39 years old. I am pretty sure he was already losing a step when San Diego didn't renew his contract.

I am sure he is still the big Juggernaut he always was, but LJ can run in the back of him just as well as the back of Mike Cox. It makes no difference.

Yep, He is too old.

yashi
08-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Lorenzo Neil, was one of the best FB in the league for years, and year and years and years. I hated him as a Charger. The guy is 38 going on 39 years old. I am pretty sure he was already losing a step when San Diego didn't renew his contract.

I am sure he is still the big Juggernaut he always was, but LJ can run in the back of him just as well as the back of Mike Cox. It makes no difference.

Yep, He is too old.

Never judge a fullback by his age. Case in point, the greatest FB in the NFL, 37 year old Tony Richardson.

CapitalT
08-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Never judge a fullback by his age. Case in point, the greatest FB in the NFL, 37 year old Tony Richardson.
Woa! Bold! I like it ... but wasn't Jim Brown a fullback?

captainamerica
08-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Woa! Bold! I like it ... but wasn't Jim Brown a fullback?
I think he means the greatest fullback currently in the NFL.

CapitalT
08-26-2009, 08:55 AM
I think he means the greatest fullback currently in the NFL.
MY mistake :-) Still a bold statement though.

northwest
08-26-2009, 09:10 AM
dang, i miss richardson too. :(

KCSDFAN
08-27-2009, 11:46 AM
LoNeal would be a great addition to the offense. He opened up huge holes for LT. When LoNeal left LT's run average went down (that was before he was hurt, too).

Chiefster
08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
dang, i miss richardson too. :(

A key component to the success of Allen, Hill (such as it was), Bennett, Holmes...

captainamerica
08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
A key component to the success of Allen, Hill (such as it was), Bennett, Holmes...
Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Thomas Jones as well. Letting Tony Richardson go was a mistake.

josh1971
08-27-2009, 05:17 PM

In what way, this offseason, has LJ done anything but shut up and play? He hasn't exactly ripped off huge plays (I think his longest is an 18 yarder), but then... your line does have to push *some* people around to give some running room.

I think LJ has done just fine this year. He's excited, he's really happy to be playing for Haley.

jb

Chiefster
08-28-2009, 01:49 AM
In what way, this offseason, has LJ done anything but shut up and play? He hasn't exactly ripped off huge plays (I think his longest is an 18 yarder), but then... your line does have to push *some* people around to give some running room.

I think LJ has done just fine this year. He's excited, he's really happy to be playing for Haley.

jb

I think for many of us the jury is still out on LJ given his history with this team, but you make a valid point.

Canada
08-28-2009, 01:58 AM

jb

The guy has barely touched the field this year. I am not that quick to forget all the bullsh!t from the last 2 years. I will give LJ a chance and I hope he returns to form because he can be a beast... when he wants to.

Chiefster
08-28-2009, 02:07 AM
The guy has barely touched the field this year. I am not that quick to forget all the bullsh!t from the last 2 years. I will give LJ a chance and I hope he returns to form because he can be a beast... when he wants to.

This.

doobs_05
08-28-2009, 03:15 AM

:bananen_smilies046: REP!!