PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs-eagles 9-27-09

IlovetheChiefs
08-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey hey, give me high fives. It's official. I'm going to the Chiefs-Ickles game!! :yahoo:

A friend and me decided to spring for the club seats.

Very exciting that in a month and some change I'll be seeing our Chiefs!

Three7s
08-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey hey, give me high fives. It's official. I'm going to the Chiefs-Ickles game!! :yahoo:

A friend and me decided to spring for the club seats.

Very exciting that in a month and some change I'll be seeing our Chiefs!
I hope you come out alive! Could be a tough game too, the Eagles are favored to be one of the top-dogs in the NFC.

Pro_Angler
08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
right on.. well done..take pics or we will hunt you down.

IlovetheChiefs
08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I hope you come out alive! Could be a tough game too, the Eagles are favored to be one of the top-dogs in the NFC.

I survived last time in '98! (Course the Ickles were the worst team in the NFL that year so no one expected anything). Chiefs have never lost in Philly! (1-0 lifetime, heh).

If I do get killed for proudly wearing my Chiefs gear and cheering them on, I hope you all will avenge my martyrdom in the future by coming to an Eagles game in droves and beating the fans here into submission!

right on.. well done..take pics or we will hunt you down.

Yeah I'll take pics and display them here at the Crowd. :)

Chiefster
08-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Cool! We'll expect pictures of course. :D

IlovetheChiefs
08-22-2009, 05:12 PM

With all the Vick jokes going around I just have to ask if this was an intended pun or not! :lol:

IlovetheChiefs
08-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Well today was an exciting day because it's exactly one month away until I see the Chiefs at the stadium.

Also, it's interesting that the only other time the Chiefs came to Philadelphia (both preseason or regular season) was a regular season game I went to in 1998 and was also on September 27th.

IlovetheChiefs
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
I took a walk this afternoon wearing my Chiefs gear, as usual. But this time tons of people shouted EAGLES! to me. From their cars; from the street. One guy even came out of a fast food restaurant to shout EAGLES! from the doorway. Of course I shouted CHIEFS! right back every time.

Usually no one ever says anything when I walk around Philly with Chiefs gear. But what a difference when they're the opponent of the Ickles in 2 days!

For those of you watching the game on tv (in other words, EVERYBODY here) look for me in a club suite seat level (between the lower and upper level seats) behind the ten yard line (or maybe even right at the goal line) on the CHIEFS side. But the cameras often show the fans in lower level seats. But in case they put the camera in my area, just look for the (probably ONLY) guy in beautiful Chiefs red from head (Chiefs hat) to toe (Chiefs socks and shoes).

Wish I could greet the Chiefs at the airport or the hotel!

drstandley31
09-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Chiefs will pull off the upset this week. I really think we'll start moving in the right direction. Kinks are being ironed out. Everybody's getting on the same page. There were positives from the last 2 games and those will spill over into this one. Chiefs 27 Dingles 17.

I loaded up on Jack just in case I'm mistaken.

IlovetheChiefs
09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I sure hope you're right DrStanley!

In all honesty, I'm worried about this one. Dang Eagles can be like they were at Carolina in week one. And I would have felt a little more optimistic had we finished off Jokeland coming into this game. But we can still do it. Hope at least we make it exciting and enter the 4th quarter where the situation is we can easily still win.

But even if it turns out ugly, it'll still be wonderful and worth it to see and cheer for my team right there!

yashi
09-25-2009, 04:39 PM
I took a walk this afternoon wearing my Chiefs gear, as usual. But this time tons of people shouted EAGLES! to me. From their cars; from the street. One guy even came out of a fast food restaurant to shout EAGLES! from the doorway. Of course I shouted CHIEFS! right back every time.

Picturing that is really hilarious to me for some reason. I picture cavemen in football jerseys yelling at each other.

IlovetheChiefs
09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Picturing that is really hilarious to me for some reason. I picture cavemen in football jerseys yelling at each other.

Haha, maybe I look like a caveman but most of these Ickles fans looked like high schoolers to 20 somethings. (But one guy from his truck was a tubby 40 something!)

Stumplifter
09-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Something I've found comical about Eagles fans is that they tend to yell, "E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!"... like they somehow have to prove that they can not only say the word, but they can actually spell it also and want to show you.
8-)

drstandley31
09-26-2009, 12:14 AM
I've made the walk of shame out of many stadiums over the past 20 years. I hope you don't have to do that. I didn't know DJ was out, so that hurts a lot, but we should give them all they can handle.

chiefnut
09-26-2009, 01:45 AM
i just got tix for the game, sec 104, i go to see them anytime they're in the northeast. be carefull in philly, many of their fans can be nasty. i live bout 2hrs north of philly so i've down there quite a few times. win or lose i try and joke around otherwise it can a little dicey tryin to get outta there in one piece.:mob:

Connie Jo
09-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Chiefs will pull off the upset this week. I really think we'll start moving in the right direction. Kinks are being ironed out. Everybody's getting on the same page. There were positives from the last 2 games and those will spill over into this one. Chiefs 27 Dingles 17.

I loaded up on Jack just in case I'm mistaken.

:lol:

I'm really liking your prediction!! Surely hoping it comes to pass!!

IlovetheChiefs
09-26-2009, 06:42 PM
i just got tix for the game, sec 104, i go to see them anytime they're in the northeast. be carefull in philly, many of their fans can be nasty. i live bout 2hrs north of philly so i've down there quite a few times. win or lose i try and joke around otherwise it can a little dicey tryin to get outta there in one piece.:mob:

Yep, the Eagles fans are the nastiest in the country. The mindset is pretty psychopathic.

Enjoy the game my fellow KC fan in Pennsylvania!

I know there won't be too many Chiefs fans at the game, but I'm sure there'll be a few here and there.

Getting exciting. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefnut
09-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Yep, the Eagles fans are the nastiest in the country. The mindset is pretty psychopathic.

Enjoy the game my fellow KC fan in Pennsylvania!

I know there won't be too many Chiefs fans at the game, but I'm sure there'll be a few here and there.

Getting exciting. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be more than you would think. the last time the CHIEFS played in philly, there was more red & gold in the stands than green. not more fans, just more wearing our team colors. most philly fans were just in their civi's. don't know if it's still like that but i do know the CHIEFS will be well represented.:yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :11: :beer: :toast2:

IlovetheChiefs
09-27-2009, 05:03 AM
Yeah when I was at the Vet (no Vick pun there) in '98 there was good representation scattered throughout considering KC is quite a distance away and that the Chiefs are an AFC team and Philly is NFC. But I was in the dreaded 700 level surrounded by virtually all Philly fans.

I hope I get to see some good representation of fellow Chiefs fans today as I walk around the stadium. That'll be so cool.

Again, enjoy seeing our Chiefs today, chiefnut. Cheer passionately with me (carefully, yet still loud and passionately!).

Vanilla Garilla
09-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah when I was at the Vet (no Vick pun there) in '98 there was good representation scattered throughout considering KC is quite a distance away and that the Chiefs are an AFC team and Philly is NFC. But I was in the dreaded 700 level surrounded by virtually all Philly fans.

I hope I get to see some good representation of fellow Chiefs fans today as I walk around the stadium. That'll be so cool.

Again, enjoy seeing our Chiefs today, chiefnut. Cheer passionately with me (carefully, yet still loud and passionately!).

Well I hope the few of you Chiefs fans are the ones leaving that stadium smiling later today.

Coach
09-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Philly fans are almost as pyscho as Raider fans.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

IlovetheChiefs
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Well I hope the few of you Chiefs fans are the ones leaving that stadium smiling later today.

Yeah that would have been nice, heh. :)

Well, it's late and was a long day and I got to work tomorrow. But wanted to say a few quick comments.

Well obviously was very disappointing the Ickles owned us today. I still had a very great time and loved being able to see the Chiefs right in front of me like that, and to cheer them on. The sad part, of course, is how inferior they played to Philly and the prospect of having another season like the past two. 0-5 seems likely since we have the Giants and Dallas next. But then we do have Washington who I think is a realistic win even before they lost to the Lions today.

Basically there was about 1-3 Chiefs fans on average per section, for a total of maybe a couple hundred in the stadium. (And I'm only going by Chiefs gear. There could be a few more fans who didn't wear their Chiefs red). So not a tremendous amount, but as expected and not bad. It was fun every time I came across one in the parking lot or stadium to give a thumbs up and/or talk with them.

In my section there was about 2 other Chiefs fans in different locations. But I didn't see them cheering or applauding like I did. They may have felt inhibited by the jerky Eagle fans. There were some decent Eagle fans (one even told me "Not all of us are like those guys") but a lot of nasty ones.

For instance, when the Chiefs got a 23 yard gain in the second half , down 27-7, I clapped and shouted YEAH!!!. Then an Eagle fan shouted, "Look at the scoreboard you idiot!" Well duh! I wasn't gloating I was just cheering they made a good play! And when the Chiefs got their first touchdown and I got on my feet and cheered I got these menacing looks and threating comments.

When they got their second td they just pretty much mocked me for cheering, since it was 34-14 with 2 minutes to play. Heh man, if the Chiefs had dominated the Eagles today I have a feeling these fans may indeed have been dangerous with my support of them.

But of course I didn't have all that much to cheer about. I kept saying man Dustin Colquitt is punting so much even for him. I got mad at some of their punts when they are down so much. But when they did that fake punt and got a first down I said, "I take it back", heh.

A bit ago I saw Whitlock's column. I, like many here, don't like or agree with most of what he says but I have to say this time I did. For I was expressing to my friend at the game today that I can't understand why Cassel keeps handing off when they need points, and why when he does throw it's always for little bitty yardage. And Whitlock made those same points. I mean, I know Philly harassed Cassel all day, but he didn't look like he was ever trying to look deep. It'd be one thing to intend to pass fro substantial yardage, then because of pressure coming at you to quickly toss it 1 to 5 yards to someone else instead. But all day it seemed like Matt either handed off or threw tiny passes as the designed plays. So maybe Whitlock was right that the Chiefs gave up in the 2nd half and were not playing to win but playing to avoid injuries and avoid getting blown out even worse.

Frustrating too how we couldn't stop the injury plagued Eagle offense at all. They kept finding people open all day. Lots of bad tackling. But also the refs did call some pretty bogus penalties on us. But we made some real penalties too that were pretty foolish ones.

That fumble that was challenged seemed to me both when it was live and also on the scoreboard replay that the ground caused the fumble. But the refs let the fumble stand, and that cost us a drive we had going in their territory.

Well I will check out another day what all of you had to say in the other threads on this game, since it's getting late and I need sleep for now.

I also took a good deal of photos and will get them developed this week and show them at the Crowd.

So the bottom line for me is: I'm sad my team lost AND didn't keep it competitive (as they did in Baltimore). But I still had a great time with my friend (despite being an Eagles fan!) and seeing my Chiefs (they could lose 60-0 and it would still feel great to see them. When the game was over I said to one of those Chiefs fans nearby in my section, "I'll still love them forever" and he said "Me too") and seeing the other Chiefs fans I saw there.

My brother may want to take a trip with me to Arrowhead in 2010. He's not a Chiefs fan but he knows that it's a great stadium and wants to experience it. So when that day comes then I will REALLY have a euphoric feeling being surrounded by Chiefs fans everywhere!

Bike
09-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah that would have been nice, heh. :)

Well, it's late and was a long day and I got to work tomorrow. But wanted to say a few quick comments.

Well obviously was very disappointing the Ickles owned us today. I still had a very great time and loved being able to see the Chiefs right in front of me like that, and to cheer them on. The sad part, of course, is how inferior they played to Philly and the prospect of having another season like the past two. 0-5 seems likely since we have the Giants and Dallas next. But then we do have Washington who I think is a realistic win even before they lost to the Lions today.

Basically there was about 1-3 Chiefs fans on average per section, for a total of maybe a couple hundred in the stadium. (And I'm only going by Chiefs gear. There could be a few more fans who didn't wear their Chiefs red). So not a tremendous amount, but as expected and not bad. It was fun every time I came across one in the parking lot or stadium to give a thumbs up and/or talk with them.

In my section there was about 2 other Chiefs fans in different locations. But I didn't see them cheering or applauding like I did. They may have felt inhibited by the jerky Eagle fans. There were some decent Eagle fans (one even told me "Not all of us are like those guys") but a lot of nasty ones.

For instance, when the Chiefs got a 23 yard gain in the second half , down 27-7, I clapped and shouted YEAH!!!. Then an Eagle fan shouted, "Look at the scoreboard you idiot!" Well duh! I wasn't gloating I was just cheering they made a good play! And when the Chiefs got their first touchdown and I got on my feet and cheered I got these menacing looks and threating comments.

When they got their second td they just pretty much mocked me for cheering, since it was 34-14 with 2 minutes to play. Heh man, if the Chiefs had dominated the Eagles today I have a feeling these fans may indeed have been dangerous with my support of them.

But of course I didn't have all that much to cheer about. I kept saying man Dustin Colquitt is punting so much even for him. I got mad at some of their punts when they are down so much. But when they did that fake punt and got a first down I said, "I take it back", heh.

A bit ago I saw Whitlock's column. I, like many here, don't like or agree with most of what he says but I have to say this time I did. For I was expressing to my friend at the game today that I can't understand why Cassel keeps handing off when they need points, and why when he does throw it's always for little bitty yardage. And Whitlock made those same points. I mean, I know Philly harassed Cassel all day, but he didn't look like he was ever trying to look deep. It'd be one thing to intend to pass fro substantial yardage, then because of pressure coming at you to quickly toss it 1 to 5 yards to someone else instead. But all day it seemed like Matt either handed off or threw tiny passes as the designed plays. So maybe Whitlock was right that the Chiefs gave up in the 2nd half and were not playing to win but playing to avoid injuries and avoid getting blown out even worse.

Frustrating too how we couldn't stop the injury plagued Eagle offense at all. They kept finding people open all day. Lots of bad tackling. But also the refs did call some pretty bogus penalties on us. But we made some real penalties too that were pretty foolish ones.

That fumble that was challenged seemed to me both when it was live and also on the scoreboard replay that the ground caused the fumble. But the refs let the fumble stand, and that cost us a drive we had going in their territory.

Well I will check out another day what all of you had to say in the other threads on this game, since it's getting late and I need sleep for now.

I also took a good deal of photos and will get them developed this week and show them at the Crowd.

So the bottom line for me is: I'm sad my team lost AND didn't keep it competitive (as they did in Baltimore). But I still had a great time with my friend (despite being an Eagles fan!) and seeing my Chiefs (they could lose 60-0 and it would still feel great to see them. When the game was over I said to one of those Chiefs fans nearby in my section, "I'll still love them forever" and he said "Me too") and seeing the other Chiefs fans I saw there.

My brother may want to take a trip with me to Arrowhead in 2010. He's not a Chiefs fan but he knows that it's a great stadium and wants to experience it. So when that day comes then I will REALLY have a euphoric feeling being surrounded by Chiefs fans everywhere!
Excellent post and thanks for sharing!!!:sign0098: :sign0098:

IlovetheChiefs
09-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Thank you so much Bike! Although I see I started with the words, "share a few quick comments" and then turns out I posted a novel instead, heh!

chief31
09-27-2009, 11:54 PM
That would have been a tough game to have attended. Especially on the road.

But glad you got a chance to cheer for them. How was the tailgating there? Or did you just go on inside? :D

IlovetheChiefs
09-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah we didn't tailgate. We got there at 11am (2 hours before kickoff. 1pm is kickoff here. I know it's noon in KC then) and went to the club suite. Then went down to the first row, 50 yard line behind the Chiefs area. Got some pictures of Ryan Succop and Dustin Colquitt practicing their kicks. Then walked all around the stadium greeting other Chiefs fans. Then back to the suite to eat lunch and then the game.

It had been raining before the game but most of the time during hte game was rain free. That made it so much nicer, of course. The skies were real changeable throughout. You guys might have noticed the sun coming out briefly at times, especially in the 4th quarter.

Oh, and when we arrived at 11am we saw lots of tailgating going on with Ickles fans. Then when leaving we noticed how trashed they left the parking lots. Is that typical at all stadiums or is that another example of the boorishness of Eagles fans?!

CapitalT
09-28-2009, 08:12 PM
[quote=Coach;157828]Philly fans are almost as pyscho as Raider fans.

I agree with you quite a bit coach but here is where we part ways.

Raider fans are akin to the infection scenario you see in all modern zombie movies. Once they're a Raider fan, there is really nothing you can do for them. They're pathetic dangerous flesh eating morons and are way worse than Phili fans.

I've survived their proximity my entire life.