PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV Question

Vanilla Garilla
08-23-2009, 10:28 AM
So Direct TV is going to be here Tuesday to install, and I was just wondering, does it cost more to have the dish installed ground level, or at least somewhere where i can get to it?

I don't have a ladder so i absolutely do not want it on the roof, i am hoping they can put it somewhere i can reach it off the ground. I am 6'3 so that should help the cause.

Hayvern
08-23-2009, 03:21 PM
So Direct TV is going to be here Tuesday to install, and I was just wondering, does it cost more to have the dish installed ground level, or at least somewhere where i can get to it?

I don't have a ladder so i absolutely do not want it on the roof, i am hoping they can put it somewhere i can reach it off the ground. I am 6'3 so that should help the cause.

I don't know if it costs more, but they have the means to install it on a tripod looking thing. I see a lot of apartment people with that setup. As long as they can see the Southern Ski.

Vanilla Garilla
08-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't know if it costs more, but they have the means to install it on a tripod looking thing. I see a lot of apartment people with that setup. As long as they can see the Southern Ski.

Thanks Vern!!!

Drunker Hillbilly
08-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Not sure why you would want to be able to get to it. I have had DirecTV for 8 years now at my home, Lakehouse and bars and never once have had a need to touch any of the dishes. Just my two cents. I would leave it alone once they installed it.

Vanilla Garilla
08-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Not sure why you would want to be able to get to it. I have had DirecTV for 8 years now at my home, Lakehouse and bars and never once have had a need to touch any of the dishes. Just my two cents. I would leave it alone once they installed it.

Well my buddy who has Dish Network, says he always has to climb his *** on the roof to wipe snow off, and re adjust it sometimes. I don't know if that's a common occurrence, or not.

Canada
08-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Well my buddy who has Dish Network, says he always has to climb his *** on the roof to wipe snow off, and re adjust it sometimes. I don't know if that's a common occurrence, or not.

He lives in Arizona:D So I guess he just has to clear sand off it!! :lol:

Hayvern
08-23-2009, 06:27 PM

I have never had to adjust mine. I live in Southern California so I don't worry about snow. Occasionally, I have to go chase the damn flying rats off of it. (Seagulls)

Coach
08-23-2009, 06:54 PM

I agree. I live in Michigan and we get our fair share of snow. I've only had DirecTV for one year, but I never had to wipe anything off the dish.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
AHHHHHH.....I did not consider that. The bald one is correct, I live in Az so we don't have to shovel the sunshine. Good luck.

Canada
08-23-2009, 07:14 PM
AHHHHHH.....I did not consider that. The bald one is correct, I live in Az so we don't have to shovel the sunshine. Good luck.

Was there ever any doubt? :D

Vanilla Garilla
08-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I agree. I live in Michigan and we get our fair share of snow. I've only had DirecTV for one year, but I never had to wipe anything off the dish.

Now there's someone that shares the same climate. I think i will just let him put it wherever the signal is best then....

Sweets
08-23-2009, 10:28 PM
We have Directv and although we live in Northern Calif., my boyfriend used to live in Connecticut and New York and never ever had to go up onto the roof or where ever to move the dish.

The techs are very good at what they do and they will put it in the best possible place for the best reception and they will also do all the programming for you.

Just sit back and enjoy your Directv and NFL Sunday ticket like we have for 8 or 9 years now.

Vanilla Garilla
08-23-2009, 10:59 PM
We have Directv and although we live in Northern Calif., my boyfriend used to live in Connecticut and New York and never ever had to go up onto the roof or where ever to move the dish.

The techs are very good at what they do and they will put it in the best possible place for the best reception and they will also do all the programming for you.

Just sit back and enjoy your Directv and NFL Sunday ticket like we have for 8 or 9 years now.

Thanks Sweets! You guys have certainly made me feel better about making the big switch from cable to directv and sunday ticket.

Maybe its just dish network that has probs, cuz everyone on here seems to love it.

Sweets
08-24-2009, 12:13 AM
The only time we have had to deal with Directv again is when we moved and that was seamless and painless. You call them, let them know the address you're moving to, you take your box with you and they set up another dish at your new residence and voila....you kick back and enjoy...

Connie Jo
08-24-2009, 03:08 AM

Mine is mounted to the lower level side retaining wall, basically ground level, didn't cost more, but that was a few yrs back. Ground level is best if possible of course. A few times over the yrs. I've had to go out & brush off snow or ice in winter to pull a signal.

I live on a high elevation, no trees or obstructions, so ground level is feasible...many don't however, have no choice but roof mount.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Was there ever any doubt? :D

I thought that doubt was a given when you were speaking.:yahoo:

garciakcfan
08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
i live in buffalo, have had direct tv for 2 years now... never had a problem at all except when we had crazy winds one day here.. I strongly reccommend getting the insurance thing. like an extra 7 or 8 a month.. the wind blew the dish out of signal and because of the insurance no cost... look into it...