PDA

View Full Version : Dorsey vs. Vikings..

KottkeKU
08-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I was not able to watch the Chiefs game vs. the vikings...how did Glenn Dorsey do? I thought he looked pretty good in his first preseason game...

And fill me in on how Tyson Jackson did as well :) Im crossing my fingers for both of those dudes...

yashi
08-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I was not able to watch the Chiefs game vs. the vikings...how did Glenn Dorsey do? I thought he looked pretty good in his first preseason game...

And fill me in on how Tyson Jackson did as well :) Im crossing my fingers for both of those dudes...

I didn't specifically watch Dorsey, but the entire first team D-line did very well and really held Purple Jesus in check.

Jackson seemed to play really well. I remember seeing him right around the QB on a few pass plays.

josh1971
08-24-2009, 12:36 AM
I thought the first team D did really well in terms of pressure on the QB and stopping the run (for the most part). Favre was just as much of a non-factor as I thought he'd be, and it was nice to watch Corey Mays drive him into the turf, even if it wasn't a sack.

I also didn't watch Dorsey in particular, but it seemed like he was rotated in and out like lots of the guys on the line.

JB

KottkeKU
08-24-2009, 01:37 AM
so it sounds like the D Line is freeing (??) up the linebackers well these first couple games..i hope Dorsey is a chief forever :) and i want to see him do well...Jackson too

yashi
08-24-2009, 09:27 AM
so it sounds like the D Line is freeing (??) up the linebackers well these first couple games..i hope Dorsey is a chief forever :) and i want to see him do well...Jackson too

me too. I think we are good at DE with the rotation we have going. I just hope we find a dominant nose tackle next offseason. Bring on Vince Wilfork!

hometeam
08-25-2009, 04:41 PM
good find.

Big Daddy Tek
08-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Jackson played exceptional as I dont think I saw him get handled once. Dorsey looks alot more athletic than the Dorsey in 2008! Bull rush, spin moves, outside speed rush, everything. He seems to be playing the line differently than the other two or three lineman that are in. I think Clancy has him playing to his strenghts and not just another blocker in the 3-4.

Nobody mentioned Tamba! Tamba is going to be a beast. He looks lean and mean. In the second play, he completly man handled Bryant Mckinnie and got to Brett Favre. And last but not least, the star of training camp / pre season, Cory Mays. He's gonna be starting by week 3 guys!

Three7s
08-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Jackson played exceptional as I dont think I saw him get handled once. Dorsey looks alot more athletic than the Dorsey in 2008! Bull rush, spin moves, outside speed rush, everything. He seems to be playing the line differently than the other two or three lineman that are in. I think Clancy has him playing to his strenghts and not just another blocker in the 3-4.

Nobody mentioned Tamba! Tamba is going to be a beast. He looks lean and mean. In the second play, he completly man handled Bryant Mckinnie and got to Brett Favre. And last but not least, the star of training camp / pre season, Cory Mays. He's gonna be starting by week 3 guys!
I think the conditioning program did Dorsey wonders, I haven't keyed in on him, but I don't see him getting dominated for sure. Also, Mays will be starting on opening day.

Big Daddy Tek
08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I think the conditioning program did Dorsey wonders, I haven't keyed in on him, but I don't see him getting dominated for sure. Also, Mays will be starting on opening day.

I think so too. But week 3 at the latest

pbatrucker
08-25-2009, 05:22 PM
This coaching staff has enough sense to play Dorsey to his capabilities. He's lining up inside of the OT and they are asking him to penetrate. Considering he was matched up against Hutchinson, who is one of the best OG in the NFL, he played very well.
Jackson is a beast, he still has a lot to learn, but is in the back field almost every play.
With Thomas hurt, Mays will probably start right away