PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins

pantherfan
08-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins.

The cost was likely a late-round draft pick. Alleman was bench-bound in Miami, but the Chiefs need all of the help they can get on the offensive line. He could push right guard Mike Goff for the starting job
Andy Alleman (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4381)

wolfpack
08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
well he cant do any worse than what we got. maybe he`ll do better. now all we need is a center and right tackle.

wolfpack
08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
we are trading for 3rd stringers now? not saying much for our starting 4th stringers.

yashi
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Right tackle is what we really need...

jmlamerson
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I wonder if Allerman was brought in at OG or at C (he's played both).

Anyway, we probably traded a 2010 6th rounder for him. It's worth the risk.

Seek
08-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Well, from the last game I watched. Our entire offensive line got their Behinds kicked. I know the Viking have a great defensive line, but they still kicked our behinds without Jared Allen.

I was not aware Cassel was such a mobile QB. He was impressive.

Any changes to this line, is at least a good sign that the Chiefs are trying to improve at those positions.

yashi
08-24-2009, 01:01 PM
We got another OG from the Dolphins as well apparently.. I won't create a new post since I've never heard of him either.

In addition to Andy Alleman, the Chiefs also acquired OG Ike Ndukwe from the Dolphins.

It must have been an interesting Sunday night dinner for Bill Parcells and his son-in-law, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli. Ndukwe could start at right guard for the Chiefs, and Alleman may be pushed to center where he'd be an upgrade on Rudy Niswanger and Eric Guiaciuc. The Dolphins are obviously happy with the progress of guards Donald Thomas and Shawn Murphy.Interesting. If both of these guys end up being good enough to upgrade our starters at C and RG I'll be thrilled.

AkChief49
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Sackintosh came from the Dolphins too....I hope he is decent- that the dolphins are just stacked with o linemen. we get Ndukwe in the deal too

Rafly
08-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Both of these guys started in Miami last season due to injuries. They didn't disappoint. Alleman is very athletic and Ndukwe is a strong cat.

jmlamerson
08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll bet a shiny new nickel that Ike Ndukwe was brought to be our RT, not RG. And that our OL will be:

Albert/Waters/Allerman/Goff/Ndukwe

EDIT: Alleman, not Allerman

AkChief49
08-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Vince Redd was let go to make room for Alleman? was there another drop today? to make room for Ndukwe?

yashi
08-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I'll bet a shiny new nickel that Ike Ndukwe was brought to be our RT, not RG. And that our OL will be:

Williamson agrees and I think you may be correct.

Kansas City Chiefs acquire offensive lineman Ikechuku Ndukwe, Andy Alleman from Miami Dolphins - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4419270)

I'm glad Pioli's doing something about this mess of an OL.

wolfpack
08-24-2009, 01:26 PM
alleman is probably already better than our center now. Ndukwe moves to RT or OG for Goff.

jmlamerson
08-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Vince Redd was let go to make room for Alleman? was there another drop today? to make room for Ndukwe?

I hope Barry Richardson has enjoyed his status as "employed." If he's not gone today, he will be so by at least the end of roster cuts. Niswanger too, probably.

jmlamerson
08-24-2009, 03:03 PM
By the way the two players cut were Vince Redd and Brian de la Puente.

Needless to say, we are richer for having lost both.

Chiefster
08-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Please God send me willie Roaf for christmas :D

Please! Please! Please!

imcorrect
08-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Could someone with insider put up the scouting reports on these guys?

honda522
08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Yay, kinda. Atleast I see attempt to fix a problem.

DT14PRIEST
08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
I was watching some of the highlights from Miami after hearing this and made a couple of observations...

Andy Alleman

Positives

Athletic, strong arm drive blocker. In run blocking he has quick feet and good recovery quickness. He's strong at the point of attack and can drive most lineman out of the way when run blocking. When he is equally matched in pass protection he's solid and can hold his ground with bigger DTs. A good run blocker and steady pass blocker.

Negatives

He plays too high. Stiff in the hips and will bolt himself to the ground and lunge in pass protection casuing him to over extend and lose position in protection. Against agile DTs he appeared to struggle keeping step for step with them do in part to poor footwork.

Overall

He's not a zone blocker. In most pass plays he covered his defficeny by playing too his strength in drive blocking, getting his hands inside the numbers quick and angling his man out of the play and making him a non factor. A definitive upgrade to the line when he plays to his strengths.

Ike Ndukwe

Positives

A wall. This guy is undeniably strong. Not as fast as Alleman (quicker then D-Mac) but is much more stout at the point of attack. A solid blocker in both the pass and run; once he has his hands on someone its practically game over. He is a much better zone blocker, taking good angles to compensate for his slower speed and able to strong arm strong DEs while being versitale enough to catch quicker bull rushers and litterally kill their momentum pushing them back with ease.

Negatives

He is a wall. The guy is not the best down field blocker. While he has adequate latteral speed and agility he is occassionaly beat by a quick inside move or outside speed rush. While he is undeniably strong he catches (allows for DEs to charge in to him) more often then not, relying on his strength and stability in his legs to hold off against a quick DE which on occassion allows for guys he should beat normally to get inside leverage with momentum and drive him back into the pocket.

Overall

Best suited for a RT (he started their at Miami and showed promise) better then Dmac and Barry Richardson by far.

Edit: My amateur scouting report. Take it with a grain of salt and form your own opinion. In my opinon this was a solid move by the front office.

KottkeKU
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
i think a 6th rounder for two starting O lineman is a stretch...i would be surprised to see any of them win over a starting gig by wk.1....but it adds competition, adds depth, and gives us some more options along our seriously weak O line...all for a 6th rounder...good move Pioli..

northwest
08-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I have a friend who is a huge dolphins fan, and he said the only reason these guys were backups is because the starters were just that good. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this already. This is big news in my opinion. I mean come on guys, did you see our O LINE against the vikings?!

DT14PRIEST
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I think that our OLine might look something like...

Albert/Waters/Alleman/Goff/Ndukwe

by week 1.

Bike
08-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Awesome news. Thanks for your scouting report dt14.

Coach
08-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I hope Barry Richardson has enjoyed his status as "employed." If he's not gone today, he will be so by at least the end of roster cuts. Niswanger too, probably.

Niswanger and Goff were the biggest disappointments for me as I watched the Vikings game. Niswanger got blown up on a regular basis. I was disappointed in Goff because I had high expectations for him.

I was watching some of the highlights from Miami after hearing this and made a couple of observations...

Andy Alleman

Positives

Athletic, strong arm drive blocker. In run blocking he has quick feet and good recovery quickness. He's strong at the point of attack and can drive most lineman out of the way when run blocking. When he is equally matched in pass protection he's solid and can hold his ground with bigger DTs. A good run blocker and steady pass blocker.

Negatives

He plays too high. Stiff in the hips and will bolt himself to the ground and lunge in pass protection casuing him to over extend and lose position in protection. Against agile DTs he appeared to struggle keeping step for step with them do in part to poor footwork.

Overall

He's not a zone blocker. In most pass plays he covered his defficeny by playing too his strength in drive blocking, getting his hands inside the numbers quick and angling his man out of the play and making him a non factor. A definitive upgrade to the line when he plays to his strengths.

Ike Ndukwe

Positives

A wall. This guy is undeniably strong. Not as fast as Alleman (quicker then D-Mac) but is much more stout at the point of attack. A solid blocker in both the pass and run; once he has his hands on someone its practically game over. He is a much better zone blocker, taking good angles to compensate for his slower speed and able to strong arm strong DEs while being versitale enough to catch quicker bull rushers and litterally kill their momentum pushing them back with ease.

Negatives

He is a wall. The guy is not the best down field blocker. While he has adequate latteral speed and agility he is occassionaly beat by a quick inside move or outside speed rush. While he is undeniably strong he catches (allows for DEs to charge in to him) more often then not, relying on his strength and stability in his legs to hold off against a quick DE which on occassion allows for guys he should beat normally to get inside leverage with momentum and drive him back into the pocket.

Overall

Best suited for a RT (he started their at Miami and showed promise) better then Dmac and Barry Richardson by far.

Edit: My amateur scouting report. Take it with a grain of salt and form your own opinion. In my opinon this was a solid move by the front office.

Great post and insight. I hope you are right on your analysis. At least this team is trying to do something about the glaring o-line needs this team has.

jmlamerson
08-24-2009, 10:40 PM
i think a 6th rounder for two starting O lineman is a stretch...i would be surprised to see any of them win over a starting gig by wk.1....but it adds competition, adds depth, and gives us some more options along our seriously weak O line...all for a 6th rounder...good move Pioli..

Prepare to be surprised. I'd bet your life Ndukwe is our starting RT at the very least. And Alleman is a better center than the two we got. I don't think we traded for these guys for competition and depth. We traded for them because our current guys would get Cassel killed by Week 3.

And is there any confirmation it was only a 6th rounder for both?

kcvet
08-24-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/148.jpg

exactly what i was wondering grandma !!!! THAT is good news. maybe we can keep or QB's off the IR

DT14PRIEST
08-25-2009, 12:07 AM
MY post should say RG instead of RT for Miami :P

But he's more suited for RT imo

Canada
08-25-2009, 12:16 AM

EDIT: Alleman, not Allerman

A Canadian nickel or an American nickel?

AkChief49
08-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Prepare to be surprised. I'd bet your life Ndukwe is our starting RT at the very least. And Alleman is a better center than the two we got. I don't think we traded for these guys for competition and depth. We traded for them because our current guys would get Cassel killed by Week 3.

And is there any confirmation it was only a 6th rounder for both?

I hope it's no more than a fifth. A friend of mine is a dolphin fan and saying a third rounder. Cannot find any info to confirm this. Way too high imo. Alleman was a third rounder originally with Saints. Both these guys started in the playoff game against the Ravens. Anything would be an improvement on the right side

KC Maniac
08-25-2009, 12:53 AM
I am hopeful these guys work out. But, at the same time I am kind of thinking "why didn't we DRAFT a monster O-Lineman?" I mean watching Cassell get sacked 3 times in the 1st half was a sad reminder and wake up call about how bad our 1st string O-Line is against other 1st stringers. I won't even go into the futile 1st and goal at the 1 yard line......

Bottom line: I really HOPE that even one of these guys turns out to be decent....but I don't understand why we have not addressed this issue a LOT sooner.

KottkeKU
08-25-2009, 12:53 AM
sorry for the confusion, i didnt mean to imply we actually gave a 6th rounder...i just figured a late round pick isnt going to get you two quality lineman...but hey, maybe i am wrong...i hope i am...i think given time to gel, our current o line will look worlds better...Ghiaciuc next to a good waters and goff will make the interior alot better..i think him and goff will be better than people think, but what do i know....he may have looked bad, but they all did...time and practice they will be better, its only been two preseason games...new system for everyone, etc...but we are still hurting for a RT, which is hopefully what we got out of one of these two guys....

Chiefster
08-25-2009, 01:25 AM
I am hopeful these guys work out. But, at the same time I am kind of thinking "why didn't we DRAFT a monster O-Lineman?" I mean watching Cassell get sacked 3 times in the 1st half was a sad reminder and wake up call about how bad our 1st string O-Line is against other 1st stringers. I won't even go into the futile 1st and goal at the 1 yard line......

Bottom line: I really HOPE that even one of these guys turns out to be decent....but I don't understand why we have not addressed this issue a LOT sooner.

Welcome to the Crowd KC Maniac! :)

josh1971
08-25-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm glad to see this- more notice to the locker room slugs that you'd better damn well do your job, or you won't have one because we can find other guys until we find the right ones.

We'll see how these guys do when they get on the field.

yashi
08-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Before we keep celebrating too much like we just got the next Roaf and Shields.. here are some quotes from a Fins forum about these guys. Take it with a grain of salt of course, but it's not like these guys are obvious diamonds in the rough or anything. I'm glad we got them, but if these guys were going to be cut anyway it kind of sucks that we gave up a draft pick for them.

Wow. Yet another pick for a player that we would have cut. The front office is brilliant.

How in the hell did we get a pick for Andy Alleman? He sucks! Even if it is a late round pick, score another one for the Trifecta.

Hard to believe the Chiefs actually felt there was trade value for Alleman.

Always thought Scott Pioli was ment to be clever.

True. However, Andy Alleman sucks. I thought Pioli had a better eye for talent than that.

true, we were winning in spite of Alleman sometimes. Ndukwe wasn't that bad, actually.

Quite frankly these guys could easily be idiots of course. Alleman started 5 games and Ndukwe started 15 last season, and Pennington somehow made it through a full season.. so apparently they did something right.

jmlamerson
08-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Before we keep celebrating too much like we just got the next Roaf and Shields.. here are some quotes from a Fins forum about these guys. Take it with a grain of salt of course, but it's not like these guys are obvious diamonds in the rough or anything. I'm glad we got them, but if these guys were going to be cut anyway it kind of sucks that we gave up a draft pick for them.

I don't think anyone thinks these guys will be the next Roaf and Shields. Hell, Alleman and Ndukwe probably aren't in the top 2/3 of the league at their positions. But they're competent enough to be NFL starters. Our current guys aren't.

If they do turn out to be top players, then we stole them. If they turn out only to be a one year band-aid, it's still worth the pick if they keep Cassel healthy. If they turn out to be massive busts, then we're only out a (probably) 5th rounder. No way to look at this other than as a good trade.

Seek
08-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Do we for sure know what the draft pick is. It could end up being a conditional 7th rounder for both. You know something like the Wellbourn trade we did years ago. He played half the season so it went from a 5th to a 3rd etc....

If the dolphins were going to cut a guy, the trade could be as simple as, if they both make the team you owe us a 6th. If only one makes the team it is a 7th. If one starts are year, it is a 5th.

From what it sounds Nduke is the main guy who may start at Rt. Alleman could be only competition or depth.

Unless we gave an absurd draft pick for these guys it can only help. Specially for the one position that we need help at the most. It is not like these guys are foundation blocks. They are band aids to keep Cassel a little more safe until O-line can be properly fixed.

yashi
08-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Do we for sure know what the draft pick is. It could end up being a conditional 7th rounder for both. You know something like the Wellbourn trade we did years ago. He played half the season so it went from a 5th to a 3rd etc....

If the dolphins were going to cut a guy, the trade could be as simple as, if they both make the team you owe us a 6th. If only one makes the team it is a 7th. If one starts are year, it is a 5th.

From what it sounds Nduke is the main guy who may start at Rt. Alleman could be only competition or depth.

Unless we gave an absurd draft pick for these guys it can only help. Specially for the one position that we need help at the most. It is not like these guys are foundation blocks. They are band aids to keep Cassel a little more safe until O-line can be properly fixed.

We know it's not a 7th since we also traded that to the Dolphins to get Jake O'Connell. I honestly think it's a 6th. The dinner conversation between Tuna and stepson probably went something like this:

Tuna: "So.. your offensive line is pretty much terrible. I've got these two guys that may not end up making the team and aren't bad. You could probably start them, actually."

Pioli: "How about a 6th rounder for both?"

Tuna: "Done. Pass the potatoes."

And that was that. I also think Ndukwe ends up starting at RT. The fact that he started 15 games last season for a pretty good offensive line is enough for me.

I think the center spot will be a battle between Alleman and Niswanger for the rest of the preseason.

tornadospotter
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
We know it's not a 7th since we also traded that to the Dolphins to get Jake O'Connell. I honestly think it's a 6th. The dinner conversation between Tuna and stepson probably went something like this:

Tuna: "So.. your offensive line is pretty much terrible. I've got these two guys that may not end up making the team and aren't bad. You could probably start them, actually."

And that was that. I also think Ndukwe ends up starting at RT. The fact that he started 15 games last season for a pretty good offensive line is enough for me.

I think the center spot will be a battle between Alleman and Niswanger for the rest of the preseason.
Are you sure, it might have been pass the gravy.:D

Seek
08-25-2009, 01:17 PM

I wasn't very impressed with Goth's pass protection. He was beat pretty easily a couple of times. While I agree Ndukwe is probably slated for RT. Alleman is probably going to push Niswanger and the loser is the back up for both center and RG.

yashi
08-25-2009, 01:25 PM
I wasn't very impressed with Goth's pass protection. He was beat pretty easily a couple of times. While I agree Ndukwe is probably slated for RT. Alleman is probably going to push Niswanger and the loser is the back up for both center and RG.

Goth! :lol:

I agree that the right side of the OL has been terrible, but I still take Goff over McIntosh due to the experience factor. For now Goff is a stopgap until we can find a more permanent guy to play RG.

Springfield Chiefs
08-25-2009, 08:55 PM
These guys are pretty much o-line filler, but as long as they keep Cassel upright this season they'll be fine. The Chiefs o-line really can't get any worse.

KC Maniac
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the Crowd KC Maniac! :)

Hey thanks man!!!

:bananen_smilies046:

I hope these lineman pan out, and I hope that Pioli knows more than me, but I sure wouldve drafted an O-lineman sooner...

skp
08-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, Miami fan here. I signed up before the phins @Chiefs game last year, just for some friendly discussions and have been checking in on and off ever since because of all the classy Chiefs fans on here. :)

Here's my take:

Someone mentioned that the only reason the Dolphins traded those guys was because of our depth. That would be correct. Ndukwe did a pretty nice job for us most of the year, but he just didn't have a chance compared to the RG we drafted last year in Donald Thomas. I don't think he's great, but I think he might do a decent job for you.
Alleman has flashed, but seems inconsistent. Maybe a change of scenery could help him. He did piss me off in wk 17 @ the jets last year where he drew two stupid penalties, but I think he can improve.

Anyway, both of them are at least decent IMO and if your O-line is as terrible as some have stated in this thread (didn't look that bad to me last year - you did put up a good few points on Miami,) then I would think this should be a pretty good trade for you.
I would be VERY surprised if you gave up anything more than a conditional 5th or a 6th round pick. Especially considering the family ties...

Xeticus
08-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Heya I'm a lurking dolphins fan. Let me put my spin on it. For a 6th rounder, even a 5th rounder you got a good deal. These guys are solid but not spectacular. If you look at the Dolphins playoff game against the Ravens they shut the Dolphins offense down. They will struggle against top rated defensive line. These guys aren't top tier guys. They could definitely start or be a solid backup on a lot of teams. The Dolphins just have seriously solid beef. Jake Long, Jake Groves, Vernon Carey, Donald Thomas, Shawn Murphy, Joe Berger the Dolphins are just loaded enough with talent that these guys are expendable. The Dolphins I keep hearing have the most expensive line in football. The Chiefs did well but not spectacular out of this. Good luck!

skp
08-25-2009, 09:30 PM
LOL. I guess it's Dolphins night at Chiefs Crowd. :)

Xeticus
08-25-2009, 10:19 PM
LOL. I guess it's Dolphins night at Chiefs Crowd. :)I keep an account here just for fun nights like this!

northwest
08-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm just excited they are doing something about the o line problem. at least they're trying.

hey dolphin fans, i hear marino is coming back. is it true?! :D

Chiefster
08-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey thanks man!!!

:bananen_smilies046:

I hope these lineman pan out, and I hope that Pioli knows more than me, but I sure wouldve drafted an O-lineman sooner...

No problem. :bananen_smilies046:

I, too, would have liked to see some more movement towards resolving our O-line issues a lot sooner as well.

skp
08-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm just excited they are doing something about the o line problem. at least they're trying.

hey dolphin fans, i hear marino is coming back. is it true?! :D

LOL. I wish... :D

Chiefster
08-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey guys, Miami fan here. I signed up before the phins @Chiefs game last year, just for some friendly discussions and have been checking in on and off ever since because of all the classy Chiefs fans on here. :)

Here's my take:

Someone mentioned that the only reason the Dolphins traded those guys was because of our depth. That would be correct. Ndukwe did a pretty nice job for us most of the year, but he just didn't have a chance compared to the RG we drafted last year in Donald Thomas. I don't think he's great, but I think he might do a decent job for you.
Alleman has flashed, but seems inconsistent. Maybe a change of scenery could help him. He did piss me off in wk 17 @ the jets last year where he drew two stupid penalties, but I think he can improve.

Anyway, both of them are at least decent IMO and if your O-line is as terrible as some have stated in this thread (didn't look that bad to me last year - you did put up a good few points on Miami,) then I would think this should be a pretty good trade for you.
I would be VERY surprised if you gave up anything more than a conditional 5th or a 6th round pick. Especially considering the family ties...

Good to see you back skp. The O-line was simply awful last year; we had some offensive success because Thiggy is nice and mobile and he excelled in the spread offense which, from what I understand, is geared towards aiding an offensive line that is...well, offensive.

skp
08-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Good to see you back skp. The O-line was simply awful last year; we had some offensive success because Thiggy is nice and mobile and he excelled in the spread offense which, from what I understand, is geared towards aiding an offensive line that is...well, offensive.
Hehe. Thank you. It's good to be back. I have a feeling you guys will do just fine this year. :)

hermhater
08-26-2009, 01:57 AM
We've never met.

What team are you a fan of?

Chiefster
08-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Hehe. Thank you. It's good to be back. I have a feeling you guys will do just fine this year. :)

Thanks; I hope so. I do expect us to do better then 2-14. :lol:

I have not kept up on any of the other teams around the league though. How do the Dolphins look this year?

Three7s
08-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Thanks; I hope so. I do expect us to do better then 2-14. :lol:

I have not kept up on any of the other teams around the league though. How do the Dolphins look this year?
I don't think they lost very much, so probably around the same as last year?

Chiefster
08-26-2009, 02:01 AM
I don't think they lost very much, so probably around the same as last year?

As I recall they pretty much turned things around quickly from where they were.

Three7s
08-26-2009, 02:57 AM
As I recall they pretty much turned things around quickly from where they were.
Yeah, a bit part of that was getting Pennington.

Chiefster
08-26-2009, 03:21 AM

Oh yeah, that's right.

KCINNYC
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
The simple fact that Pioli and Haley are a least trying to fix the offensive line this late in preseason speaks volumes about how much more committed they are to winning than Herm Edwards ever was. Herm would have just accepted the line as is and had the attitude of "we have to let these guys play so they can get good"
I am so glad he is gone...so glad we have Pioli and Haley

huck1974
08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Huge Dolphins fan having grown up in south FLA but I also follow the chiefs and go to some games. I'm in Springfield and my friends are Chiefs season ticket holders.

Anyways, my take on the deal. I'm guessing it is a 6th and a good deal for both sides.

When these guys were required to start because of injury last season, they had no problem keeping the QB upright. The problem was that we could not consistantly run inside to save our lives. Hence the unvailing of the wildcat so we could move the ball on the ground.

Last year we were in the same boat as the Chiefs, picking up leftovers to assemble a team. This year more than a handful of our cuts will play on other teams.

This is not to say anything bad about the guys you picked up. Our team just has more talent this year than last year.

Your QB will stay upright. Lets just hope these guys can be coached up a bit regarding the run game. I think it will be an improvement considering the first game I saw the QB running for their life.

Go Chiefs!
Go Fins!

Xeticus
08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think they lost very much, so probably around the same as last year?The Dolphins are more much more talented this year. We restocked on WR's and CB's. Loaded up on pass rushers. And we have returning studs at RB and OL. The Dolphins will have a nice balanced offense and a very good defense especially against the run. If you saw the Carolina game last week they browbeat the Panthers OL and stopped their rushing game in it's tracks except for one really good run. Our new rookie CB's especially look amazing. The Dolphins will definitely be challenging Brady and the Patriots in the AFC West. I wish the same luck to you guys in the AFC West. I especially want you to curbstomp McDaniels and the Donks.

AkChief49
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
The Dolphins are more much more talented this year. We restocked on WR's and CB's. Loaded up on pass rushers. And we have returning studs at RB and OL. The Dolphins will have a nice balanced offense and a very good defense especially against the run. If you saw the Carolina game last week they browbeat the Panthers OL and stopped their rushing game in it's tracks except for one really good run. Our new rookie CB's especially look amazing. The Dolphins will definitely be challenging Brady and the Patriots in the AFC West. I wish the same luck to you guys in the AFC West. I especially want you to curbstomp McDaniels and the Donks.East:lol:

Xeticus
08-26-2009, 02:23 PM
East:lol:Darn it the AFC west was on my mind for some reason.....

AkChief49
08-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Darn it the AFC west was on my mind for some reason.....
Just bustin your chops a little..:bananen_smilies046:

chiefan
08-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Any news on what we gave up yet?

Bike
08-26-2009, 10:05 PM
And Tuna.:D

Xeticus
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
And Tuna.:DIt was all Tuna. Without Tuna we don't get coach Sparano or Pennington. It shows how important a good front office and a good coach is. As I tell Buffalo fans all the time I don't care how much talent you guys have on the field. With that coach you're not winning anything. If your team owner has to pay for the wazoo for a top notch coach it's worth it.

Chiefster
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
It was all Tuna. Without Tuna we don't get coach Sparano or Pennington. It shows how important a good front office and a good coach is. As I tell Buffalo fans all the time I don't care how much talent you guys have on the field. With that coach you're not winning anything. If your team owner has to pay for the wazoo for a top notch coach it's worth it.

Yup, like a good offensive line it all starts up front. :bananen_smilies046: