PDA

View Full Version : Close call.

honda522
08-24-2009, 10:48 PM
I think anyways. I was playing football with my freind and I was doing a flag route and when I made my cut, I slipped and fell. When I fell I landed on my should and the force was so hard that my head whipped back and my jaw hit my shoulder. I heard a pop. It felt as if someone had punched me in the jaw. I also hit my head.

Today my neck is pretty stiff. My head aches just a bit too if I am not keeping my self busy.

tammietailgator
08-24-2009, 10:53 PM
maybe you should make sure you don't have whiplash or a concussion.
BTW... where you in the endzone when you slipped? That would be good if you were! :)

honda522
08-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Nah, we were just playing in an unmarked field. I wonder if I don't have a concussion. My head slightly hurts still, not that bad and not like a normal headache. We played for an hour + after the incident. My neck is fine just a little stiff, I can move it around without pain.

tammietailgator
08-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Do you feel nauseous? Have somebody look at your pupils and make sure they are the same size. If they are not, I would go see a doctor.

honda522
08-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Nope by I am pretty tired. Been up since 6 though.

Canada
08-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Nah, we were just playing in an unmarked field. I wonder if I don't have a concussion. My head slightly hurts still, not that bad and not like a normal headache. We played for an hour + after the incident. My neck is fine just a little stiff, I can move it around without pain.

As long as u r not throwing up or having any visual disturbances you should be fine. Sounds like you got your bell rung a bit. Happens to me all the time!! :D You neck will get stiff from the whiplash if u snapped it around. Its pretty much straining all your neck muscles. It weill feel worse in the morning. Take some advil or ibuprophen to keep the swelling to a minimum and a ib tof ice as it will stiffen up overnight (most likely) :bananen_smilies046:

A few beers wouldnt hurt either

dbolan
08-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Wimp. Suck it up...You will be fine after a couple of beers!

Canada
08-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Wimp. Suck it up...You will be fine after a couple of beers!That too!! :bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
08-25-2009, 01:05 AM
As long as u r not throwing up or having any visual disturbances you should be fine. Sounds like you got your bell rung a bit. Happens to me all the time!! :D You neck will get stiff from the whiplash if u snapped it around. Its pretty much straining all your neck muscles. It weill feel worse in the morning. Take some advil or ibuprophen to keep the swelling to a minimum and a ib tof ice as it will stiffen up overnight (most likely) :bananen_smilies046:

A few beers wouldnt hurt either

Glad our favorite EMT is here!
:bananen_smilies046:

YZILLA
08-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Canada knows what hes talking about ! His wife hits him in the back of the head with one of those big cast iron frying pans all the time ! thats why he shaves his head .... easier for the doctor to get stitches in ! :lol: :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
08-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Canada knows what hes talking about ! His wife hits him in the back of the head with one of those big cast iron frying pans all the time ! thats why he shaves his head .... easier for the doctor to get stitches in ! :lol: :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

:funnypost: :lol:

and of course....that leads to his drinking to help ease the pain....oh wait...maybe it was the drinking that brought out the frying pan in the first place!! LOL!!

Chiefster
08-27-2009, 03:28 PM
:funnypost: :lol:

and of course....that leads to his drinking to help ease the pain....oh wait...maybe it was the drinking that brought out the frying pan in the first place!! LOL!!

A vicious cycle. :lol: