PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

KCINNYC
08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
I just read on another board that ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Thigpen for a third round pick and Jacksonville is offering a 5th round pick

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kcchiefs1/messages/?msg=2217.1

Anyone else know anything?

jmlamerson
08-26-2009, 12:51 PM
If we trade Thigpen for a 4th to Jacksonville (the probable compromise), it would be a pretty good deal for us and for Thigpen. He's in a contract year and clearly doesn't fit the Chiefs' new offensive philosophy. And Thigpen will get a chance to start in 2009 after Garrard inevitably goes down.

I'll be sad to see him go, but like Tony G., it works out best for both sides in the long run.

yashi
08-26-2009, 01:00 PM
If we trade Thigpen for a 4th to Jacksonville (the probable compromise), it would be a pretty good deal for us and for Thigpen. He's in a contract year and clearly doesn't fit the Chiefs' new offensive philosophy. And Thigpen will get a chance to start in 2009 after Garrard inevitably goes down.

I'll be sad to see him go, but like Tony G., it works out best for both sides in the long run.

He really seems to have overachieved last season. I think this shows how good of an offensive coordinator Chan Gailey is, switching to the pistol spread to accommodate and turning him into a 20 TD QB. I'm a fan of Thigpen and what he did last year, but without Tony G or an offense built around his strengths and weaknesses, I don't think I can see him succeeding.

I'm not really sure why Jacksonville is so actively pursuing a backup QB. They must see a lot of Garrard in Thigpen.

OPLookn
08-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I would absoultely hate this move but then again it's not my call. Here's my reasoning... 1) Cassell still has an ineffective line that couldn't stop molasses and even if we do get better it's a new line that needs to gel. 2) Cassell while I like him still hasn't proved himself to me. 3) God forbid but if Cassell goes down it's up to Broken...I mean Brodie Croyle. This is a guy who had the starting job after looking fantastic all pre-season and then couldn't stay in a game more than three quarters all year! Who steps up after that?

yashi
08-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I would absoultely hate this move but then again it's not my call. Here's my reasons why...Cassell still has a line that couldn't stop molasses and I hope this doesn't happen but if it would we're down to Broken...I mean Brodie Croyle. This is a guy who had the starting job after looking fantastic all pre-season and then couldn't stay in a game more than three quarters all year! Who steps up after that?

I agree with everything you said, but here's the thing. The chances of Thigpen re-signing with us are pretty slim, and we're not going to win the Super Bowl this year. So if we can squeeze out a 4th for him.. it may be the best move for us.

yashi
08-26-2009, 01:24 PM
brody has looked good this year and has taken some HARD shots in preseason and Guttie looked not to bad but simply put brody and guttie fit our offense as backups thiggy doesnt

Yeah he has taken some shots, and miraculously gotten right back on his feet. But we all know the second it's the regular season and he takes one of those, it's going to be season ending.

Pro_Angler
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
maybe trade him for a o-lineman? if not get a 3rd.

AkChief49
08-26-2009, 02:16 PM
A 4th would be nice a 3rd even better. Then maybe we can address the oline this next draft.1- 1st. 2- 2nd's. 2-3rd's. plenty of quality in these rounds. maybe trade the 1st for a swap and then another 2nd or 3rd. parlay.

Sn@keIze
08-26-2009, 02:19 PM
dammit we need thig. brodie will break

KCINNYC
08-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Its official

as in they are shopping him...nothing is done yet

DT14PRIEST
08-26-2009, 07:06 PM
This would be an excellent move. Its probably the reason the Chiefs are moving Thigpen up the depth chart as well, to make him look more appealing to other teams before they try and move him to raise the asking price (sort of what people are speculating the Broncos are doing with Marshal)

Considering what we've seen this offseason if we were able to recoup a mid round pick for the pick we sacrificed for Alleman and Ndukwe we'd basically have gotten them for pennies on the dollar. The 2010 draft class is chalk full of talent so I'd have no problem dealing Thigpen for a mid round pick.

I like Thigpen as much as the next guy but as a QB there are better options avalible then a wildcat slash scrambler to lead this team to some wins. Its within the best interest of both teams and Thigpen if he were to get traded to Jacksonville to secure his future then to possibly be cut from our team.

chiefan
08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Don't they have 2nd round pick, Eben Britton, riding the bench? I say we trade Thiggy and A a 4th for Eben Britton. (RT)

jmlamerson
08-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Don't they have 2nd round pick, Eben Britton, riding the bench? I say we trade Thiggy and A a 4th for Eben Britton. (RT)

Yeah, good luck with that.

KC Maniac
08-26-2009, 09:37 PM
maybe trade him for a o-lineman? if not get a 3rd.

Yah! I think this is a good move if we can get an o-lineman or a draft pick (also to be used on the O-lin) hopefully!

Chiefster
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
dammit we need thig. brodie will break

Good ol' glass jaw Brodie.

honda522
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I agree, but I also think how it should go down. We need another receiver or OL now, not in a year.

Connie Jo
08-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Can't explain why really, but I just have a bad feeling about letting Thigpen go. Hope it's a wrong feeling. :(

KCINNYC
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Can't explain why really, but I just have a bad feeling about letting Thigpen go. Hope it's a wrong feeling. :(

I agree, but what do you do with him? It sucks because he is a playmaker, and playmakers are hard to let go of. But he is our third string QB, so even if they wanted to use him for goal line trick plays he would have to be listed as a WR game day because you are not allowed to play your 3rd string QB. And he is just not a pocket drop back QB. It makes way more sense to release him to another team and get a future player out of the deal. Especially when you have Pioli who has shown some genius when it comes to gettting late round talent out of the draft.

jmlamerson
08-27-2009, 11:33 AM
People need to stop looking at just his talent and see he doesnt fit haleys scheme. Ya he can scramble and move but he doesnt have the big time arm.

Yeah, I love Thigpen, and I still think no QB in the NFL could have done better last season behind that OL, but he's going nowhere on this team. Haley/Pioli want big, accurate QBs. Thigpen has many virtues, but he's small and scattershot. He'll do well in Jacksonville with their pounding running game and tall WRs.

He'll be missed, but It's better to trade him now for something than to lose him in 2010 for nothing.

KCSDFAN
08-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to be our quarterback when Cassel proves ineffective and Croyle is hurt for the third year in a row? I love Thigpen and think he could have been a great quarterback for KC.

tornadospotter
08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Me to, just like letting Rich Gannon go, that is the feeling I have. Thig is a playmaker.

captainamerica
08-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I think with a player who's as talented as Thigpen is you can find ways to use him and get him on the football field even if he's not your starter. I think Thigpen is a player who can help us win games and can contribute to our offense. He's certainly much more proven and durable than Brodie Croyle and should at least be our backup for this season. If we can get a 3rd rounder for him than we should reluctantly make the trade, but we shouldn't do it for anything less. Cassel and Croyle are unproven and our O-line is one of the weaker O-lines in the league. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we needed Thigpen to start for us at some point in the season.

Canada
08-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to be our quarterback when Cassel proves ineffective and Croyle is hurt for the third year in a row? I love Thigpen and think he could have been a great quarterback for KC.

Dosent matter, by then LJ will have quit the team, Charles will move to Russia, DBowe will have a terrible year, the defense will lose their shoes and not be able to play on grass. There would be no one left for Thig to play with anyways!! Feel free to discuss things that are factual but don't sit here and badmouth players. Way to support your team!! :sign0098:

SDChief09
08-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Love Love Love Love trading Thigpen, I have been saying it will happen all offseason, in fact its in my predictions next to Succop beats out barth from the day after draft day.

Now, thiggy wouldnt be a UFA anyway, and we would have rights, but, his value has peaked, and KC can either move him now, or hope he performs this weekend and increases his value by actually playing well under center.

The media loves him due to fantasy football, which is huge, it will increase his value quite a bit other teams will become interested....hes a great athlete, I just dont see the accuracy, having Bowe/Gonzo as two of the top 5 targets in the NFL...pretty sad at 54 percent and pretty sad 28 qb rating under center.

Chiefs, get a pick, take a 4 as a compromise, and move on....considering he cost us nothing, gave us a year at QB where we werent convinced that he was a star. And now get a 4th? that would rock...already down a 6 and 7 to miami

Chiefster
08-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Me to, just like letting Rich Gannon go, that is the feeling I have. Thig is a playmaker.

Biggest mistake in Chiefs history...next to hiring Herm of course.

Coach
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Our o-line is patchwork at best. So when Cassell gets hurt, our season will rest in the hands of Brodie Croyle. Been there, done that. No thanks. This team isn't in a position to trade away good players for future draft picks. If they trade him, it had better be for a plyer that can protect our Big $$ QB starting week 1.

Canada
08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
To all the f**kin' geniuses who keep saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, what do we do WHEN Thigpen gets hurt? Or is this just one of those things where you want to get Thig in there, win another 2 games and have a whole offseason of I told ya so's?? What reason does anyone have for saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, and why does it not apply to Thigpen?

Vanilla Garilla
08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
To all the f**kin' geniuses who keep saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, what do we do WHEN Thigpen gets hurt? Or is this just one of those things where you want to get Thig in there, win another 2 games and have a whole offseason of I told ya so's?? What reason does anyone have for saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, and why does it not apply to Thigpen?

But what are we gonna do, waaaaaaaah!!!

You could literally apply that saying, "what if they get hurt" to any qb in the freaking NFL, its part of the game folks!!!

jmlamerson
08-27-2009, 10:54 PM
The amount of whining here amazes me. We trade for a QB who won eleven games last season and everyone is complaining because we might trade the short, inaccurate backup who won one. This after everyone was all on board trading our Pro Bowl DE for picks in 2008.

Thigpen is a QB with a lot of virtues. He's tough and can scramble. He's a good backup who could be an adequate starter for a lot of teams. Not his one, though.

Anyone thinking that Thigpen has the physical skills or football smarts to lead a team to this playoffs didn't watch enough Chiefs games last season.

Coach
08-27-2009, 10:57 PM

I want a capable backup QB in case of a Cassell injury. I think Thigpen can be that guy. I don't think Croyle can.

Coach
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Lots of people are ready to trade Thigpen for a 4th round pick, so I thought it would be interesting to see how many of our 4th rounds picks have turned out to be decent. I would much rather get a starting offensive lineman than a 4th round pick.

Chiefs former 4th round picks:
2009: Donald Washington
2008: Will Franklin
2005: Craphonso Thorpe
2004: Samie Parker, Jared Allen
2003: Brett Williams
2002: Omar Easy
2001: Monty Beisel, George Layne
2000: Frank Moreau
1999: Larry Parker
1998: Greg Favors
1997: Pat Barnes
1996: Donnie Edwards
1995: Steve Stenstrom
1994: Bracey Walker
1993: Jaime Fields
1992: Mike Evans
1990: Fred Jones

Out of those 19 picks, only 2 turned out to be good long-term players(Edwards and Allen). If they trade Thigpen, I would much prefer it to be for a starting offensive lineman.

jmlamerson
08-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Lots of people are ready to trade Thigpen for a 4th round pick, so I thought it would be interesting to see how many of our 4th rounds picks have turned out to be decent. I would much rather get a starting offensive lineman than a 4th round pick.

Chiefs former 4th round picks:
2009: Donald Washington
2008: Will Franklin
2005: Craphonso Thorpe
2004: Samie Parker, Jared Allen
2003: Brett Williams
2002: Omar Easy
2001: Monty Beisel, George Layne
2000: Frank Moreau
1999: Larry Parker
1998: Greg Favors
1997: Pat Barnes
1996: Donnie Edwards
1995: Steve Stenstrom
1994: Bracey Walker
1993: Jaime Fields
1992: Mike Evans
1990: Fred Jones

Out of those 19 picks, only 2 turned out to be good long-term players(Edwards and Allen). If they trade Thigpen, I would much prefer it to be for a starting offensive lineman.

There isn't a GM out there dumb enough to trade a starting OL for Thigpen.

And just because CP made lousy 4th round picks doesn't mean every Chiefs GM will. I mean, it's a little early to be judging the Washington pick, ya think.

Coach
08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
There isn't a GM out there dumb enough to trade a starting OL for Thigpen.

And just because CP made lousy 4th round picks doesn't mean every Chiefs GM will. I mean, it's a little early to be judging the Washington pick, ya think.

Subtract the Wahington pick, the result is the same. 4th round picks aren't a gimme pick. They are a crap shoot at best, regardless of the GM. I would rather have a proven commodity, preferably an o-lineman(our biggest team need), in exchange for what I consider to be a proven backup QB.

honda522
08-27-2009, 11:29 PM
I want a capable backup QB in case of a Cassell injury. I think Thigpen can be that guy. I don't think Croyle can.
This.

tornadospotter
08-27-2009, 11:34 PM
The amount of whining here amazes me. We trade for a QB who won eleven games last season and everyone is complaining because we might trade the short, inaccurate backup who won one. This after everyone was all on board trading our Pro Bowl DE for picks in 2008.

Thigpen is a QB with a lot of virtues. He's tough and can scramble. He's a good backup who could be an adequate starter for a lot of teams. Not his one, though.

Anyone thinking that Thigpen has the physical skills or football smarts to lead a team to this playoffs didn't watch enough Chiefs games last season.
Not very many of us wanted that trade. I believe some of us said it was JA wanting out of KC and his negative attitude towards being franchised that led to that trade.

rcgamer
08-27-2009, 11:36 PM
I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I have no faith in Croyle should Cassel get hurt. At least Thigpen was durable and he could make a few plays. Also, last year was the first starting time Thigpen has had, he was basically a rookie out there and did pretty well. He will probably only get better.

On the other hand if we could get a third for him then that would be great to continue building the team with. Also with Cassels big dollar contract he will never get a chance to start here (unless it's because of injury)and I could definately see him starting elsewhere in the future. So it could be good for him as well as the Chiefs.
If he gets traded then I wish him luck. I can definately see him getting better and starting somewhere.

Chiefster
08-28-2009, 12:12 AM
This.

Yup.

Canada
08-28-2009, 12:22 AM
So when Cassell gets hurt, our season will rest in the hands of Brodie Croyle.

See the difference?

doobs_05
08-28-2009, 03:38 AM
i wouldn't mind trading for something. Don't forget IF cassel happens to get hurt there is still a chance Croyle would stay healthy...and IF our QBs got hurt wouldn't that mean we should stock up on linemen??

yashi
08-28-2009, 07:58 AM
I love Thigpen, but if he could land us a draft pick that ends up being a starting offensive lineman for the next 5 or 10 years, there's no doubt in my mind that he should be traded.

KCINNYC
08-28-2009, 10:22 AM
I love Thigpen, but if he could land us a draft pick that ends up being a starting offensive lineman for the next 5 or 10 years, there's no doubt in my mind that he should be traded.

EXACTLY

SDChief09
08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
trade thigpen to washington for devin thomas.win win
Sign Jerame tuman as a 3rd TE
Sign Lavelle Hawkins when cut from Titans
Trade Mcbride, Sign Travis Laboy

or trade thigpen for a 3, trade a 2 and the 3 for Boldin, then sign Tuman, trade mcbride and sign laboy.

then just check the FA wire for OL, they got a gem potentially from Miami. For a 6th. Cassel came for a 2nd, to get a 3 for thigpen would be great...and could lead to Boldin...

but I have no problem making a trade for a thomas or someone like that who needs a change in scenary., this team needs help in a lot of places.

captainamerica
08-28-2009, 02:13 PM
trade thigpen to washington for devin thomas.win win
Sign Jerame tuman as a 3rd TE
Sign Lavelle Hawkins when cut from Titans
Trade Mcbride, Sign Travis Laboy

of trade thigpen for a 3, trade a 2 and the 3 for Boldin, then sign Tuman, trade mcbride and sign laboy.
Don't you think it'd cost more than a 2nd and 3rd for Boldin? I mean hell the Lions got a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for Roy Williams. I think Boldin is worth more than Roy Williams. With that said I'd be willing to give up both our 2nd round picks and a 4th for Boldin.

Connie Jo
08-28-2009, 11:56 PM

My thoughts too!

Connie Jo
08-29-2009, 12:11 AM
I agree, but what do you do with him? It sucks because he is a playmaker, and playmakers are hard to let go of. But he is our third string QB, so even if they wanted to use him for goal line trick plays he would have to be listed as a WR game day because you are not allowed to play your 3rd string QB. And he is just not a pocket drop back QB. It makes way more sense to release him to another team and get a future player out of the deal. Especially when you have Pioli who has shown some genius when it comes to gettting late round talent out of the draft.

I don't disagree at all. I think my gut feeling is fearing Cassel is at high risk for injury, especially with our weak O line. I don't have the confidence in Croyle I do Thigpen. I'd be much more comfortable if they were shopping Croyle, but that isn't gonna happen.

Sn@keIze
08-29-2009, 12:27 AM
i wouldn't mind trading for something. Don't forget IF cassel happens to get hurt there is still a chance Croyle would stay healthy...and IF our QBs got hurt wouldn't that mean we should stock up on linemen??what chance? he is a lemon. he is an accurate QB, but gets hurt. that doesnt cut it. A hurt QB doesnt cut it.

I love Thigpen, but if he could land us a draft pick that ends up being a starting offensive lineman for the next 5 or 10 years, there's no doubt in my mind that he should be traded.yep, but how you going to garuntee me that we will get that awesome lineman if we trade him. There is no way of knowing. Not worth it.

Thigpen did what he could with piss. What Croyle couldnt do.

Anyone thinking that Thigpen has the physical skills or football smarts to lead a team to this playoffs didn't watch enough Chiefs games last season.I thing Thig can. And I watched more than enough games JM. Over and over.

Thig didnt lose those games JM! The team did. Just like a TG(or any quality player) didnt lose the games. Thig did what he could, which includes having an elite passer rating in the NFL (after he regained the starter job).

I dont want anything to happen to Cassell, heaven forbid. But I dont want to have to admit the season is over if he does. Thig is the man who CAN do it if it comes to the playoffs!

Canada
08-29-2009, 12:33 AM
YouTube - Coors Light Jim Mora Press Conference Ad

yashi
08-29-2009, 01:20 AM
yep, but how you going to garuntee me that we will get that awesome lineman if we trade him. There is no way of knowing. Not worth it.

There's no guarantees in the NFL. I do know one thing, a player can't win games if he's sitting on the bench. So if you have an opportunity to end up with someone who could potentially start, you have to take it.

By the way, I agree with everything you said about Thigpen. He didn't lose the games. The defense and poor playcalling did. And you can't even begin to use Cassel's record as a basis for comparison because of the supporting cast. Thigpen was basically Jesus last season, turning water into wine. Hell, water's probably an overstatement.

Again, I'm not going to be mad if we keep Thigpen. But I completely understand the logic in trading him if a good offer comes in. We won't be elite until we have a good offensive line. That's a fact.

DT14PRIEST
08-29-2009, 03:14 AM
what chance? he is a lemon. he is an accurate QB, but gets hurt. that doesnt cut it. A hurt QB doesnt cut it.

yep, but how you going to garuntee me that we will get that awesome lineman if we trade him. There is no way of knowing. Not worth it.

Thigpen did what he could with piss. What Croyle couldnt do.

Thig didnt lose those games JM! The team did. Just like a TG(or any quality player) didnt lose the games. Thig did what he could, which includes having an elite passer rating in the NFL (after he regained the starter job).

I dont want anything to happen to Cassell, heaven forbid. But I dont want to have to admit the season is over if he does. Thig is the man who CAN do it if it comes to the playoffs!

A 76.0 QB rating isn't what I consider elite. Neither do I consider a sub 60% (sub 55% for that matter) completion percentage elite by any stretch of the imagination either. Considering he had two legitimate threats to throw to in the best TE to ever play the game and a rising star in Bowe you'd expect any QB to get at least 55% of his throws completed.

I'll say this in his defense. Thigpen is a good football player; a dynamic anomaly amongst QBs and fun to watch. But, with that being said, he is the last person on this roster I want to QB this team for any length of time. Thigpen has all the mechanics to be a deverse player in the league save for those that pertain to being a decent QB. He has poor field vision, a weak arm, sloppy foot work, an awkward release, etc... that all tally against him. I will admit that Thigpen made plays last year but what he did was the equivalent of tuck and run football with a chance to possibly throw the ball.

Thigs doesn't lose games...but he doesn't win them either.

He's not indestructible (he did get banged up week 1 of the pre season this year) and he doesn't possess the on field intangibles to be a great QB. If anything Thigpen is a watered down version of Micheal Vick minus the off field stupidity.

IF the Chiefs can get anything above a 5th rounder for him I can't see how they don't make that trade. Anything less would be short changing this team. This is a talent laden draft class coming up in 2010 so the more picks the Chiefs can get in the top half of the draft the better.

Three7s
08-29-2009, 04:35 AM
A 76.0 QB rating isn't what I consider elite. Neither do I consider a sub 60% (sub 55% for that matter) completion percentage elite by any stretch of the imagination either. Considering he had two legitimate threats to throw to in the best TE to ever play the game and a rising star in Bowe you'd expect any QB to get at least 55% of his throws completed.

I'll say this in his defense. Thigpen is a good football player; a dynamic anomaly amongst QBs and fun to watch. But, with that being said, he is the last person on this roster I want to QB this team for any length of time. Thigpen has all the mechanics to be a deverse player in the league save for those that pertain to being a decent QB. He has poor field vision, a weak arm, sloppy foot work, an awkward release, etc... that all tally against him. I will admit that Thigpen made plays last year but what he did was the equivalent of tuck and run football with a chance to possibly throw the ball.

Thigs doesn't lose games...but he doesn't win them either.

He's not indestructible (he did get banged up week 1 of the pre season this year) and he doesn't possess the on field intangibles to be a great QB. If anything Thigpen is a watered down version of Micheal Vick minus the off field stupidity.

IF the Chiefs can get anything above a 5th rounder for him I can't see how they don't make that trade. Anything less would be short changing this team. This is a talent laden draft class coming up in 2010 so the more picks the Chiefs can get in the top half of the draft the better.
I agree with every bit of this. Thigpen was alright last season, but he still wasn't good, he just looked good compared to what we had. Thigpen reminds me a lot of Tebow.

windwalker
08-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Gee, I watched the games, and if our 4th quarter defense wouldn't have been a sieve, we would have won 6 or 7 more games. Like DBowe dropping the onsides kick, and then the defense went out and looked like deer in headlights. My gosh, that was all Thigpen's fault. Please trade him.

captainamerica
08-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Gee, I watched the games, and if our 4th quarter defense wouldn't have been a sieve, we would have won 6 or 7 more games. Like DBowe dropping the onsides kick, and then the defense went out and looked like deer in headlights. My gosh, that was all Thigpen's fault. Please trade him.
Don't forget about the bs ref calls as well. We might've beat the Jets if the refs were actually doing there job.

KottkeKU
08-29-2009, 02:45 PM
i remember last year we got HOSED by the refs an abnormally high amount of times...TG in particular

Sn@keIze
08-29-2009, 03:50 PM
A 76.0 QB rating isn't what I consider elite. Neither do I consider a sub 60% (sub 55% for that matter) completion percentage elite by any stretch of the imagination either. Considering he had two legitimate threats to throw to in the best TE to ever play the game and a rising star in Bowe you'd expect any QB to get at least 55% of his throws completed. He did better than any other QB could do with these weapons..
After he for sure regained the starter job after the bye week his passer rating was good. 76 is his season total and those first 3 games were horrible. One game was like 23 passer rating or something.

Tyler Thigpen: Game Logs (http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/gamelogs?id=THI677677&season=2008)

All in all. The guy had 18 TD to 12 INTs with this surrounding cast. We need him.

Just like the article that came out earlier.
NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive A case for Tyler Thigpen « (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/27/a-case-for-tyler-thigpen/)
"Who threw more TD than SB winning Ben Rothlesburger, outstanding rookies Flacco or Matt Ryan?..........Tyler Thigpen!! But those guys had a good team. So why say Thig only won one game. Thig did what he could.

You keep the guys that are good on your team people!

Coach
08-29-2009, 03:52 PM

I agree as long as the player is under contract. That is what muddies the water on this one a bit. He is a FA next year if I recall.

captainamerica
08-29-2009, 03:57 PM
I agree as long as the player is under contract. That is what muddies the water on this one a bit. He is a FA next year if I recall.
Yeah, but I don't think he'll be an UFA if I recall.

tornadospotter
08-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Well we better not trade Thig now!

chiefsfreak4life
08-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Hopefully Cassel is not injured too bad!

Sn@keIze
08-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Well we better not trade Thig now!
Lets see what all those Thig traders say now!

We need this guy for situations like this.

The way it looked Cassell should be ready by reg season. I cross my fingers.

Chiefster
08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Lets see what all those Thig traders say now!

We need this guy for situations like this.

The way it looked Cassell should be ready by reg season. I cross my fingers.

...This

wichitaj
08-29-2009, 10:48 PM
YouTube - Coors Light Jim Mora Press Conference Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUr5hF0yGc)

Love it. Post the Herm Edwards one. LOL:drunkhb::drunkhb:

Connie Jo
08-30-2009, 02:06 AM

Not sure how, but I was quoted: "you keep the guys that are good on your team people"

I didn't say that, Sn@keIze said that, but I agree, hahaha. :D

DT14PRIEST
08-30-2009, 03:32 AM
After he for sure regained the starter job after the bye week his passer rating was good. 76 is his season total and those first 3 games were horrible. One game was like 23 passer rating or something.

Tyler Thigpen: Game Logs (http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/gamelogs?id=THI677677&season=2008)

All in all. The guy had 18 TD to 12 INTs with this surrounding cast. We need him.

Just like the article that came out earlier.
NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive A case for Tyler Thigpen « (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/27/a-case-for-tyler-thigpen/)
"Who threw more TD than SB winning Ben Rothlesburger, outstanding rookies Flacco or Matt Ryan?..........Tyler Thigpen!! But those guys had a good team. So why say Thig only won one game. Thig did what he could.

Thats ludicrous. Why would you not count the 3 games where thigpen played in a conventional offense? It illustrated perfectly what type of player he was in those 3 games as did it illustrate itself tongiht what type of player Thigpen was when he had to play in a conventional no pistol spread offense geared for him. A bad QB whose only thing going for him is his legs.

But I guess the good thing now is that after his spectacularly awful performance tonight any trade suitors have now left the table.

Edit: And La Confronta is a retard of the level of Jaime Dukes. What QB had the most 4th quarter comebacks in the league to win a game?

Rothlesiberger.

Who was the rookie QB who managed the game efficently and lead a team with an inept offense to 2 post season victories?

Flacco.

Who QB'd the Falcons to the post season after years of scrounging around as bottom feeders of the NFC>

Matt Ryan.

Stats don't make you a great QB.

Sn@keIze
08-30-2009, 04:17 AM
...ThisThank you :bananen_smilies046:

Not sure how, but I was quoted: "you keep the guys that are good on your team people"

I didn't say that, Sn@keIze said that, but I agree, hahaha. :D
Thank you:bananen_smilies046:

Thats ludicrous. Why would you not count the 3 games where thigpen played in a conventional offense? ............ Because this is a "what have you dont for me lately" league. And those were his first 3 games.It illustrated perfectly what type of player he was in those 3 games as did it illustrate itself tongiht what type of player Thigpen was when he had to play in a conventional no pistol spread offense geared for him. A bad QB whose only thing going for him is his legs.

But I guess the good thing now is that after his spectacularly awful performance tonight any trade suitors have now left the table.

Edit: And La Confronta is a retard of the level of Jaime Dukes. What QB had the most 4th quarter comebacks in the league to win a game?

Rothlesiberger.

Who was the rookie QB who managed the game efficently and lead a team with an inept offense to 2 post season victories?

Flacco.

Who QB'd the Falcons to the post season after years of scrounging around as bottom feeders of the NFC>

Matt Ryan.

Stats don't make you a great QB.I invite you to read this article again in case you missed it.

And who threw more TDs than all those QBs with a 2 win team?

Thigpen!

i.e. Thig didnt have what those QBs did on the team. Especially a D. He is a playmaker. Maybe not a starter, but a playmaker.

You keep the players worth keeping on your team!

DT14PRIEST
08-30-2009, 04:51 AM
Thank you :bananen_smilies046:

Thank you:bananen_smilies046:
I invite you to read this article again in case you missed it.

And who threw more TDs than all those QBs with a 2 win team?

Thigpen!

i.e. Thig didnt have what those QBs did on the team. Especially a D. He is a playmaker. Maybe not a starter, but a playmaker.

You keep the players worth keeping on your team!

Did you read my post or just highlight/enlarge/rant/ignore on what I posted.

I read the blog. I read the stats. Its old news. I basically took exactly what he said in spun it in the favor of the other QBs the only difference is is that what they accomplished was far more noteworthy then Thigpen. You can spin the facts whichever which way they don't hide a obvious defficeny.

A 'what have you done for me recently league'. Well going by what we saw by that statement he didn't do anything when handed the keys to the offense (a conventional offense) and asked to lead the team.

When out of the pistol (arrowhead spread offense whatever anyone wants to call it) Thigpen looked inept, confused, and just plain terrible at QB thats what he's done for the Chiefs recently.

He didn't make plays. He didn't complete throws (anything outside of 10 yards). He didn't play QB. The same problems arose in this game that arose in the first 3 games when we saw how bad he was at QB. He just can't do it. It was a circus out there.

Thigpen can make some plays, no doubt, but not when it counts and not in the manner befitting a QB. When a QB is in the game you expect him to make some relatively easy throws to wide open WRs and flat patterns with ease not under or over throw them.

8/15 for 56 yards and 0 TDs with the starting unit for more then 2 quarters? Thats your audition Thigpen? Is that really what you consider making plays.

AkChief49
08-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Thats ludicrous. Why would you not count the 3 games where thigpen played in a conventional offense? It illustrated perfectly what type of player he was in those 3 games as did it illustrate itself tongiht what type of player Thigpen was when he had to play in a conventional no pistol spread offense geared for him. A bad QB whose only thing going for him is his legs.

Rothlesiberger.

Flacco.

Matt Ryan.

Stats don't make you a great QB.
should have taken the 5th for Thiggy, and also Roethlisberger and Flacco had the #1 and #2 defenses to back them up. Matt Ryan is probably the best QB to come out since P. Manning. Not arguing the fact that Ben can bring you back, ask the Cardinals, like you said,"Stats don't make you a great QB". But it at least shows you what a lights out defense can do for you. The Falcons had the 6th best offense last year with a rookie. The Ravens were in 18th place(offense) and the Steelers were in 22nd. Too bad we lost in the coin flip with Atlanta and Choakland a couple years back, ending up with the 5th pick.

AkChief49
08-30-2009, 04:24 PM
not so sure the Jags are interested anymore:

Jags add another quarterback named Todd B.

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2009 1:26 PM ET
The Jacksonville Jaguars are believed to be interested in acquiring a new backup quarterback. Currently, the primary reserve to starter David Garrard is career understudy Todd Bouman.

The Jags have made a move to add a new quarterback, but he likely won't bounce Bouman from his current spot on the depth chart.

The team announced today that quarterback Todd Boeckman has been signed, and that quarterback Paul Smith has been cut.

Boeckman, who played college football at Ohio State, previously was inked by the Jags on June 17, but they cut him on July 31.

Smith joined the team as an undrafted free agent in 2008, spending most of the year on the practice squad.

The move keeps the Jaguars at three quarterbacks on the roster -- Garrard, Bouman, and Boeckman.

Coincidentally, Monday is the two-year anniversary of the day on which the Jaguars benched (and shortly thereafter cut) former starter Byron Leftwich and handed the job to Garrard.

could be a haggling move- make it a sixth rounder instead of a fifth? Thiggy did not exactly help his cause last night

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Thank you :bananen_smilies046:...

Welcome! :D :bananen_smilies046:

chiefsfreak4life
08-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Yup,, should of taken the 5th rounder when we had the chance.