PDA

View Full Version : 0-3

slc chief
08-30-2009, 12:43 AM
i know it is just preseason but wtf defense was not horrible tonight kudos to flowers for the pick but cassel getting hurt no offense whatsoever damn it

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 01:29 AM
It doesn't look good for the regular season at this point.

Big Daddy Tek
08-30-2009, 01:58 AM
It doesn't look good for the regular season at this point.

This pre season has clearly been used to evaluate players. Its not a big deal. The only undefeated team of all time went 0-4 in the pre season and the only team to go 0-16, went undefeated in the pre season. That should tell you the meaning of the pre-season.

yashi
08-30-2009, 02:46 AM
Losing is getting old whether it's preseason or regular season though.

Connie Jo
08-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Losing is getting old whether it's preseason or regular season though.

Yep, a win in pre-season is/was definitely needed for moral, & hope.

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 03:27 AM
This pre season has clearly been used to evaluate players. Its not a big deal. The only undefeated team of all time went 0-4 in the pre season and the only team to go 0-16, went undefeated in the pre season. That should tell you the meaning of the pre-season.

My concern is derived from what I saw from our first string O-line which failed to protect our QB.

Connie Jo
08-30-2009, 03:40 AM
My concern is derived from what I saw from our first string O-line which failed to protect our QB.

Yep, that's been a concern since watching the first pre-season game, and my concern only deepened with tonights game. :(

One possible good outcome in tonights loss, however, might be that it proved to those with power who were talking Thigpen trade...is that we need to keep him.

tammietailgator
08-30-2009, 04:34 AM
:sign0162:

brish
08-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Yeah cause Thigpen did really good tonight? :owws:

Man we need an o-line so bad!

DT14PRIEST
08-30-2009, 04:53 AM
If there was one thing I took away postive from this game was that Ndukwe and Alleman looked better then what started at the right side of the line.

Not that its hard to be better then absolute rubbish but they did give Thigpen the pocket that Goff and Dmac couldn't.

brish
08-30-2009, 04:56 AM
If there was one thing I took away postive from this game was that Ndukwe and Alleman looked better then what started at the right side of the line.

Not that its hard to be better then absolute rubbish but they did give Thigpen the pocket that Goff and Dmac couldn't.

And Tyson got a sack! :)

wolfpack
08-30-2009, 09:33 AM
what bothered me on the "d" other than couldnt get off the field, is how wide open the middle was.

Vanilla Garilla
08-30-2009, 10:28 AM
We are not alone, the jags, broncos (0-2), panthers, and even the Cardinals are 0-3!

So with that said, dont put to much stock into the preseason because minus the donks, those are some pretty decent teams that are all 0-3.

We will find a way to win these games!

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 11:27 AM
what bothered me on the "d" other than couldnt get off the field, is how wide open the middle was.

This, also...

slc chief
08-30-2009, 12:20 PM
no you cant take the preseason win loss total serious. but you can get a feel for what your team is going to look like. and last nights game i seen a horrible right side of the o-line, no offense and some conservative play calling with the run going nowhere. 3rd down conversions were horrible. jackson got a sack and flowers got the td the highlights of the game to me. i am now also concearned about succop as well. new team new coaches lets just hope that they can get this thing to mesh sooner than later

greg3564
08-30-2009, 04:54 PM
The preseason has been pretty dismal. But the bottom line is, it is going to take time to fix the mess Herm Edwards created while he was here. I thought Larry Johnson was back to his typical form- As in not being able to break through the line of scrimmage AGAIN! His attitude may be better, but his play is the same. I was pleased with Jamaal Charles, and even though I'm a huge Texas fan, I think he's the kind of RB we need this season. Bruising, slow RB's are great if O lines can make holes. When they can't, you want a RB like Charles who's shifty and fast. If they continue to work on preventing fumbles and use him more, the running game has potential. Johnson's best days are behind him. I think we'll go 6-10 or 7-9. Not great, but light years better than when Herm was here.

yashi
08-30-2009, 06:35 PM
The preseason has been pretty dismal. But the bottom line is, it is going to take time to fix the mess Herm Edwards created while he was here. I thought Larry Johnson was back to his typical form- As in not being able to break through the line of scrimmage AGAIN! His attitude may be better, but his play is the same. I was pleased with Jamaal Charles, and even though I'm a huge Texas fan, I think he's the kind of RB we need this season. Bruising, slow RB's are great if O lines can make holes. When they can't, you want a RB like Charles who's shifty and fast. If they continue to work on preventing fumbles and use him more, the running game has potential. Johnson's best days are behind him. I think we'll go 6-10 or 7-9. Not great, but light years better than when Herm was here.

Your posts are difficult to read because they're like a million thoughts in 1 paragraph, but I did see the word Charles in there somewhere.

Like I've been saying forever, Charles is a home hitter type of back on a team full of slow, somewhat boring players. He was considered a steal when we got him in the 3rd round because he's similar in skill set to Chris Johnson and Felix Jones.

I expect Charles to have about 100 carries this year with a 5.5 per carry average or so and catch 30-40 passes as a 3rd down back. I think he'll also return kicks and do a good job of it.

Charles is going to be our version of Darren Sproles and Leon Washington.

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 06:48 PM
no you cant take the preseason win loss total serious. but you can get a feel for what your team is going to look like. and last nights game i seen a horrible right side of the o-line, no offense and some conservative play calling with the run going nowhere. 3rd down conversions were horrible. jackson got a sack and flowers got the td the highlights of the game to me. i am now also concearned about succop as well. new team new coaches lets just hope that they can get this thing to mesh sooner than later

I tend to agree with your assessment over the course of the preseason as stated above. I am less concerned with Succop having only one bad showing then I am over a consistently bad O-line which has been our plight the last two or three seasons.

rcgamer
08-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Yep, that's been a concern since watching the first pre-season game, and my concern only deepened with tonights game. :(

One possible good outcome in tonights loss, however, might be that it proved to those with power who were talking Thigpen trade...is that we need to keep him.

Sorry to disagree with you but Thigpen was the main problem last night. He had plenty of time to throw once Ndukwe and Alleman came in. He underthrew a deep ball by at least 6 yards (wich should have been intercepted), he couldn't even complete a screen pass at one point. He also threw over receivers heads a few times. This was not just an offensive line problem.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Thigpen had a bad night no queston on that. I think that this is a spot were it will be best for him and best for the chiefs to make a trade. Thigpen probley hurt his vaule last night he seemed to be like the atlanta game at times last season. Overthrowing recivers. The O line did not help matters but thigpen was also part of what went wrong with the chiefs. I hate to say it but i think that the chiefs need to move him. I loved what i saw with thigpen last season. But new system that does not fit him will not help either him or this team. Maybe a move for a draft pick can be good for this team. Who knows what will happen with that pick. Maybe it can be used as trade value. GO CHIEFS

Pro_Angler
08-31-2009, 10:12 PM
I think they played thiggy so much last night so they could get some trade stock for him...
His game didnt help our cause.
We need big help on the o-line and help in the defensive backfield in the middle thats for sure.
like I said before bright side the longest run we allowed was 8yds. thats a plus.

josh1971
08-31-2009, 11:27 PM
I want to see how well the two new guys from Miami play on the line after being on the team for over a week. They didn't seem to play too bad even for having been there just a few days.

Of course, Barry Richardson needs to never play again for us.

I think they need to play Croyle-Gutierrez-Thigpen this coming week.

Just one guy's thoughts.

JB

matthewschiefs
08-31-2009, 11:34 PM
I want to see how well the two new guys from Miami play on the line after being on the team for over a week. They didn't seem to play too bad even for having been there just a few days.

Of course, Barry Richardson needs to never play again for us.

I think they need to play Croyle-Gutierrez-Thigpen this coming week.

Just one guy's thoughts.

JB

Hopefuly that was a big part of the problem last week. The 2 new linemen just were not adjusted to the system and this week haveing time under there belts they will be able to preform better. I think its going to take more then just those two. The o line at times looked horrible and gave no time for the qb or the rbs. Lets just hope for an overall better preformace.

KCraised
09-01-2009, 12:48 AM

The middle of the field has been open for many many years.....ecspecially on 3rd and long situations. Its almost like you can predict it with certainty, as a fan. Wish they could predict it, as a coach. Don't know how many tvs have come close to getting a foot in them, due to that repeated screw up...lol

tammietailgator
09-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I just think that we have sucked during the preseason so that the other teams will not know of our secret weapons that we will unveil in a couple weeks! Sneaky!! I like it! First weapon - our secret offensive coordinator! :11:

:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
09-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Well, let's home it's a big ruse by the Chiefs, but I'm guessing it's just a breakdown in coverage- which has been poor.

I'm not too worried about being 0-3 in preseason. I'm worried that we don't look like we're improving. I do have hope that we'll find a combo of five of these guys to form a decent O-line for this year.

And get some damn pressure on the QB!!!!

AussieChiefsFan
09-01-2009, 04:36 AM
i know it is just preseason but wtf defense was not horrible tonight kudos to flowers for the pick but cassel getting hurt no offense whatsoever damn it
Yeah the D was great IMO!! but cassell getting injured and matt guttierez throwing 2 interceptions!!! I MEAN COME ON!!!!!!!!!

KC Maniac
09-01-2009, 06:57 AM

Bingo

Chiefster
09-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Bingo

:bananen_smilies046: