PDA

View Full Version : Something tells me...........

Vanilla Garilla
08-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Something is telling me that Pioli is going to work some of that magic and get in a new RT through a trade. I think after last nights showing, that this is going to be a pressing issue going forward.

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Man I sure hope so!

slc chief
08-30-2009, 11:21 AM
he already made an atempt with the two players from miami

yashi
08-30-2009, 11:28 AM
He needs to swing a big trade and acquire a good starting RT, not some team's scraps that could have been cut anyway. Not some converted guard from your father in law's team. Trade a 2nd rounder for a legitimate proven starting RT. There's an 83 million dollar investment that needs to be protected now, not in the offseason.

captainamerica
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
It's easily said than done. There's not a whole lot of high quality RT's just sitting around waiting to be traded. I think the best we can do is just use the guys we have now to the best of their ability and than pickup a RT in the draft or FA next season.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2009, 03:22 PM
If this would happen I think that it would happen going into next season. As much as i would love to see a good trade O linemen are vauable and the chiefs would have to give up alot to get one. With a possible uncaped year next season that would open up some more possible trades. I Hope it happens but it would probley happen going into next season. GO CHIEFS

AkChief49
08-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I was(a lot of us were) saying it then(draft) O LINE O LINE O LINE hello? it ALL starts in the trenches. Bring back the redwood forest! that 2nd rounder(Cassel) would have went a long way in shoring up our still pathetic right side of the line. We have two second rounders next year, I hope that Pioli uses them for the o line. I am not real thrilled about trading any more picks for someone's garbage linemen. It's hard to find a Willie Roaf out there much less someone that wants to trade him.

Sn@keIze
08-30-2009, 04:05 PM
My Jedi senses tells me that Pioli is going to get Runyan on this team.

AkChief49
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
at what cost? and will he last a year?

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 04:31 PM

Strong with you is the force.

Vanilla Garilla
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Pioli witnessed the collapse, and he knows he must pull the trigger on a deal...Now, if are qbs are to survive.

I would feel comfortable having Charles as the starting rb if you know what i mean.

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Pioli witnessed the collapse, and he knows he must pull the trigger on a deal...Now, if are qbs are to survive.

I would feel comfortable having Charles as the starting rb if you know what i mean.

You mean make LJ second string??? :p

j/k

Vanilla Garilla
08-30-2009, 04:40 PM
You mean make LJ second string??? :p

j/k

Yeah sure thats what i mean, coughs.:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
The two new guys from Miami have been here less than a week, and already played better than some of the other guys we have around, so how are they "garbage"?

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah sure thats what i mean, coughs.:bananen_smilies046:

Thought so. :D

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 05:41 PM
The two new guys from Miami have been here less than a week, and already played better than some of the other guys we have around, so how are they "garbage"?

Good point.

I hope you are correct, and that I have a nice steady diet of crow.

I hope that they prove to be a big part of the solution.

honda522
08-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Maybe we should give the guys from my am ee time to learn the play book abit.

Also we could look at a new line coach?

rcgamer
08-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Good point.

I hope you are correct, and that I have a nice steady diet of crow.

I hope that they prove to be a big part of the solution.

I was watching the game and as soon as they put both Ndukwe and Alleman the QB suddenly had plenty of time to throw, the problem was that Thigpen still couldn't get anything going. Then when Richardson got put in at left tackle the left side of the line collapsed. Barry should be cut in the final cuts. after that pathetic display.

Let's not forget that Ndukwe did start 15 games last year for the Dolphins who had a fairly effective offense. He isn't a scrub. Not saying he's great either but he could easily be a big upgrade over what we have.

Alleman also had 5 starts and is only 25 so he could still get a lot better.

chiefsfreak4life
08-30-2009, 07:23 PM
What happened to Herb Taylor? Last year I thought he did a fair job backing up on the line, but this year we don't even see him on the field? Anyone know anything about Herb?

honda522
08-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I was watching the game and as soon as they put both Ndukwe and Alleman the QB suddenly had plenty of time to throw, the problem was that Thigpen still couldn't get anything going. Then when Richardson got put in at left tackle the left side of the line collapsed. Barry should be cut in the final cuts. after that pathetic display.

Let's not forget that Ndukwe did start 15 games last year for the Dolphins who had a fairly effective offense. He isn't a scrub. Not saying he's great either but he could easily be a big upgrade over what we have.

Alleman also had 5 starts and is only 25 so he could still get a lot better.
And lets remember, when Waters came up from Dallas, they thought he wasn't worth keeping. I guess the same with Corey Mays, and now he looks like a beast.

One teams trash is another teams treasure.

pbatrucker
08-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Jacksonville wants Thigpen, they have Eben Britton sitting on the bench. What about Thiggy and a sixth round pick for Britton?

bigpoppachief
08-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Jacksonville wants Thigpen, they have Eben Britton sitting on the bench. What about Thiggy and a sixth round pick for Britton?

Not a bad idea just hopefully Cassell is not hurt too bad

yashi
08-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Thigpen and a 6th for Britton? I'd give Thigpen and a 3rd easily. Britton was a 2nd round draft pick.

wichitaj
08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
I was(a lot of us were) saying it then(draft) O LINE O LINE O LINE hello? it ALL starts in the trenches.

HERE HERE, i was one of them shouting for Monroe to go with the third pick! Our line is getting better, but there is still a gaping hole on the right. if we would have got an O line man in the draft, then we would be sitting a lot better for now, and in the future. oh well, a team with a lot of needs, needs lots.

yashi
08-31-2009, 01:07 PM
HERE HERE, i was one of them shouting for Monroe to go with the third pick! Our line is getting better, but there is still a gaping hole on the right. if we would have got an O line man in the draft, then we would be sitting a lot better for now, and in the future. oh well, a team with a lot of needs, needs lots.

The argument that many gave was that it would be too much money to give a right tackle. As good as Jackson looks like he's going to be, he's not going to help us protect our 83 million dollar quarterback.

I still think Eugene Monroe would have been a better pick no matter the cost because you can't put a price on giving your QB time to throw and your backs room to run through.

OPLookn
08-31-2009, 02:21 PM

While I wish we could get that for Britton I seriously doubt that'd even be close enough in an offer to acquire him. My guess is they'd want Thiggy and a 3rd if not the 2nd from Atl that we got for Gonzo. Would love to see Britton here though, that'd pretty well shore up our o-line for a very long time.

DT14PRIEST
09-04-2009, 05:00 AM
I think now is the time to start speculating. I think by this time next week there will be at least a few additions (2-3) to the 53 man roster.

yashi
09-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I'd give Thigpen and the Gonzo 2nd for Britton for sure at this point.