PDA

View Full Version : Matt Gutierrez

chiefsfreak4life
08-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I know he is playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but I like this kid. He does not seem to get as rattled at Thigpen, stays in the pocket and has a good arm. Has the size to be a NFL QB as well.
I wish we would of taken the 5th round pick from Jax, I would be fine with Croyle and Gutierrez backing up Cassel. Odds are we are looking at only 4-6 wins anyway.

Thigpen, while fun to watch last year, and one of the only bright spots, needs to learn alot more and learn how to play QB in the NFL. I think he winds up getting cut on the last cutdown.

Just my 2!

EdPodolackfan57
08-30-2009, 07:40 PM
If I had my druthers Gutierrez would be the #2 behind Cassel

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 09:03 PM
I know he is playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but I like this kid. He does not seem to get as rattled at Thigpen, stays in the pocket and has a good arm. Has the size to be a NFL QB as well.
I wish we would of taken the 5th round pick from Jax, I would be fine with Croyle and Gutierrez backing up Cassel. Odds are we are looking at only 4-6 wins anyway.

Thigpen, while fun to watch last year, and one of the only bright spots, needs to learn alot more and learn how to play QB in the NFL. I think he winds up getting cut on the last cutdown.

Just my 2!

True, however, his performance is not a lipnus test against, as you said: "2nd and 3rd stringers".

honda522
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
He would probably look better behind someone elses OL.

rcgamer
08-30-2009, 11:03 PM
I think Thigpen will get traded before we just cut him. I would still rather keep Thigpen than Gutierrez, at least Thiggy has done some good things in the past against real NFL starters in real games.

Three7s
08-30-2009, 11:25 PM
I just don't like Thigpen at all, I mean he's a great runner, but he just throws the dumbest passes some times. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Gutierrez. Actually, I wouldn't mind Croyle either, but he'll get hurt.

AkChief49
08-30-2009, 11:50 PM
The Pats have dumped Kevin O'Connell(3rd round 08). Wonder if we pick him up on waivers? then we have all of the Pats recent QB's not named Tom Brady.

captainamerica
08-31-2009, 03:23 AM
I think we should keep Thigpen for the simple fact that we can use him in the wildcat and in other situations. We can use him just as the Eagles are going to use Vick. Thigpen is a playmaker and is a guy who can make our offense better. The coaches need to find different ways to use Thigpen and to play to his strengths, because Thigpen makes our team better.

doobs_05
08-31-2009, 03:34 AM
we need to worry about OL before we worry about QB

yashi
08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
I think we should keep Thigpen for the simple fact that we can use him in the wildcat and in other situations. We can use him just as the Eagles are going to use Vick. Thigpen is a playmaker and is a guy who can make our offense better. The coaches need to find different ways to use Thigpen and to play to his strengths, because Thigpen makes our team better.

There's a big difference between Thigpen, who is a 4.78 40 yard dash guy and Vick's 4.25. Thigpen is certainly fast for a QB, but he's still slower than most linebackers, whereas Vick can easily be the fastest person on the football field at any time.

Thigpen is certainly a playmaker though. I just wish he would develop some accuracy and poise in the pocket.

wolfpack
09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
we need to worry about OL before we worry about QB
This is true but the way we go through QB`S we will need 5 or 6.