PDA

View Full Version : Cassel's status for week 1 in jeopardy

yashi
08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Chiefs QB Cassel could miss opener - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-chiefscassel083009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Quarterback Matt Cassel(notes) could miss two to four weeks with a strained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, a source within the Kansas City Chiefs organization said.

Cassel, who the Chiefs acquired in a trade with New England this offseason, was hurt Saturday night in an exhibition game against Seattle. The injury is not expected to require surgery because MCL injuries usually heal on their own.

However, the injury means Cassel could miss the Chiefs’ season opener at Baltimore. If Cassel can’t play, Tyler Thigpen(notes) is expected to start the season. Thigpen, who had been the subject of trade rumors earlier this week, played in 14 games last season when the Chiefs went through injuries at quarterback. He finished the season with 18 touchdown passes, 12 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 76.0.

Cassel also suffered an ankle injury, but that was not considered as serious as the MCL injury.

Chiefster
08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
And the beat goes on...

Vanilla Garilla
08-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Just great, absolutely great.

bigpoppachief
08-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Seriously !? Whay do we pay the guy then he gets hurt ! I think it is aploy though I mean you never know but I watched the game and it didnt look that bad but who knows..........

honda522
08-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Thats why I hate how contracts work.

slc chief
08-30-2009, 11:07 PM
already a rough start this sucks

Three7s
08-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Man, I still remember the play calling sequence that led up to it. We just had two very successful runs and Chan was thinking that we could nail them with the play-action.

Seattle's defensive coordinator anticipated the play-action and sent a blitz. Since the play-action takes a bit longer to develop and the blitzer had a free ride to the QB, it was easy for him to get there. The unfortunate part was that he tackled Cassel the way he did. I still think if Chan didn't call for the play-action so early, it could've been avoided.

ChiefTheQueef
08-30-2009, 11:22 PM
And the Karma comes back around to the Queefs......

You may have destroyed Brady's season last season but now your starting QB gets kneecapped as well. Then again, you had no chance even with Cassel:yahoo:

Three7s
08-30-2009, 11:26 PM

You may have destroyed Brady's season last season but now your starting QB gets kneecapped as well. Then again, you had no chance even with Cassel:yahoo:
Troll harder.

PawnshopMarimba
08-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Also; read harder. Think harder.
If you're dumb enough to think this is some cosmic juju for "taking out" Tom Brady, then I guess that speaks volumes for your character.

Additionally, if you had actually stopped to read the article, you'd notice that this isn't a season ending injury as it was for Brady.

Way to double FAIL, Queef.

KottkeKU
08-31-2009, 12:00 AM
easy, easy...i understand where he's coming from lol...

but this sucks...i thought it was a horrible play call to begin with, as soon as i knew it was play action i knew he wasnt gonna have enough time to pass it...and it turns out he gets an awkward tackle...thanks chan...if thats your real name..

Vandelay
08-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Cassel getting hurt is the last thing the Chiefs needed, but we can't give up before they even start. Preseason football dosen't mean jack squat. Everything is gonna be allright.

Hayvern
08-31-2009, 01:53 AM
While it was a lousy call, it also speaks volumes about the protection he is going to get this season.

Connie Jo
08-31-2009, 02:23 AM
While it was a lousy call, it also speaks volumes about the protection he is going to get this season.

And that ^ is the point of concern here in my opinion as well.

Canada
08-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Last I checked a bunch of people here knew he was gonna get hurt and a bunch more want Thigpen to play so whats the problem?

yashi
08-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Seriously though, we cannot wait until next season to fix the offensive line, because Cassel won't make it to next season at this rate.

KCINNYC
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM

You are a loser. Anyone who cheers for someone else's injury is a loser. And that is what you are. A loser.

And your name ChiefstheQueef is pathetically stupid. Seriously, I hope you are under the age of 15, and not an adult because there is no excuse being that stupid and that much of a loser. I hope all day when you look at yourself in the mirror you say "Wow...I am happy someone else is in pain...I am a total Fuc**** loser."

jb908
08-31-2009, 10:48 AM
i hope croyle starts and not thig

doobs_05
08-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Last I checked a bunch of people here knew he was gonna get hurt and a bunch more want Thigpen to play so whats the problem?

I recall that too.

GlennBree
08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Also; read harder. Think harder.
If you're dumb enough to think this is some cosmic juju for "taking out" Tom Brady, then I guess that speaks volumes for your character.

Additionally, if you had actually stopped to read the article, you'd notice that this isn't a season ending injury as it was for Brady.

Way to double FAIL, Queef.

VERY WELL SAID! I AGREE!! :sign0098:

wichitaj
08-31-2009, 12:54 PM
ESPN is saying 2 to 4 weeks out.

Pro_Angler
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
well hopefully we will see more of my main man Brodie.

matthewschiefs
08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
well hopefully we will see more of my main man Brodie.

Heard this morning on espn that it would be thigpen instead of of Brodie. Not sure if thats fact or not but thats what i heard. That might just be a move to help thigpens trade vaule. I mean what value would a guy have if your publicy saying hes not good enought to even be your backup.

LargoChief
08-31-2009, 07:01 PM
I used to doubt him, but Croyle looked a HELL of a lot better than Thigpen.

yashi
08-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I used to doubt him, but Croyle looked a HELL of a lot better than Thigpen.

Both are fun to watch. Thigpen with the scrambling and Brodie with the cannon arm.

Neither with any accuracy though. :bananen_smilies046:

spiman
08-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Damm pre-season..get rid of it completly...Make all games count..At least the injuries would mean something..

KottkeKU
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
i just read watching to min. vs. hou game on the espn ticker that KC is expecting Cassel to play wk. 1 opener at bal....(crosses fingers...)

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!:lol:

Three7s
08-31-2009, 09:53 PM
They better find any way possible to get Cassel in there against Baltimore. We'll be lucky to get a first down against them with Thigpen in there.

matthewschiefs
08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
i just read watching to min. vs. hou game on the espn ticker that KC is expecting Cassel to play wk. 1 opener at bal....(crosses fingers...)
That if it works out is great news. GO CHIEFS!

hometeam
08-31-2009, 11:04 PM
If you think croyle will last behind that oline your nuts.

At least thiggy can move, and has proved hes a player. All croyle has done is gotten hurt.

The only bad thing about thig is that, I feel like he was chans boy, and with chan gone thiggy may not fit under todd haleys system

josh1971
09-01-2009, 12:57 AM
If you think croyle will last behind that oline your nuts.

At least thiggy can move, and has proved hes a player. All croyle has done is gotten hurt.

The only bad thing about thig is that, I feel like he was chans boy, and with chan gone thiggy may not fit under todd haleys system

That's not the only bad thing about Thig. He's also impulsive, gets happy feet, and doesn't have a tremendously strong arm (at least, not like Gutierrez and Croyle).

Croyle took a helmet shot to the chin from the Vikes, and got right back up and was under center the next play. He'll be fine.

jb

Three7s
09-01-2009, 01:05 AM
That's not the only bad thing about Thig. He's also impulsive, gets happy feet, and doesn't have a tremendously strong arm (at least, not like Gutierrez and Croyle).

Croyle took a helmet shot to the chin from the Vikes, and got right back up and was under center the next play. He'll be fine.

jb
Understatement of the century, that throw to Darling was a joke. That isn't the first time he's under-thrown it like that.

Big Daddy Tek
09-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Bring on Brodie. Not Thiggy. Thiggy can play in the third quarter when Brodie gets hurt.

KC Maniac
09-01-2009, 02:04 AM
I watched the game and have two important observations:

1) Our offensive line is garbage, and the problem needs to be addressed. It has been this way for too long.

2) Doobs - who is that girl in your avatar picture? WOW.

AussieChiefsFan
09-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Chiefs QB Cassel could miss opener - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-chiefscassel083009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
Im not surprised. at first I thought he was great! But IMO he's not any better that Thiggy!:bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
09-01-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm hearing rumors that Thigpen is playing with two broken ribs. It was reported by his agent.
Also McIntosh was back with the first string OL, We want have a healthy QB by the first game/