PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs to get Boldin, Broncos to get Leinart?

wildcat
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
As much as I like Boldin, I am not sure I would be happy with what this trade would give the Broncos. Leinart still might end up being a very solid QB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/246714-scott-pioli-gives-todd-haley-new-tools-anquan-boldin-a-chief (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/246714-scott-pioli-gives-todd-haley-new-tools-anquan-boldin-a-chief)

honda522
09-03-2009, 12:42 PM
About to post below you.

matthewschiefs
09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I still dont think the trade will happen but I would love it. Sure Denver would get a possible good qb but the chiefs would be givein a proven Wide reciver that would not only give them anther weapon but open things up for D Bowe. I think the chiefs would come out winners in this. GO CHIEFS!

wildcat
09-03-2009, 01:45 PM
After thinking about this a little more, I think Haley and Pioli are smarter than this. If they are going to make major moves, they are going to bring in some OL help. We have no pass protection. It hardly matters at this point how good our WR are.

jtandcrew
09-03-2009, 01:54 PM
ESPN just said that the Jets are or atleast were talking with Denver about a trade for Marshall. Although I dont think Marshall is going anywhere. Denver will want a player to help this year and a pick to help them next year. As far as Boldin to KC? As much as I would like to see a Boldin/Bowe combo I think it would be a bad move. With all the turmoil and disagreements between Haley and Boldin last year why bring that to KC? I think it would to expensive and to much of a distraction.:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
ESPN just said that the Jets are or atleast were talking with Denver about a trade for Marshall. Although I dont think Marshall is going anywhere. Denver will want a player to help this year and a pick to help them next year. As far as Boldin to KC? As much as I would like to see a Boldin/Bowe combo I think it would be a bad move. With all the turmoil and disagreements between Haley and Boldin last year why bring that to KC? I think it would to expensive and to much of a distraction.:bananen_smilies046:

But they got to the Super Bowl, so it obviously wasn't that much of a distraction. Both have stated that they wouldn't mind coach/playing together again.

They've got a player-coach relationship. They're not going to have dinner or buy each other birthday presents, but they do respect each other.

captainamerica
09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm sick of people saying we should make a trade for an elite O-lineman. NEWSFLASH, O-linemen are very valuable to teams. Teams don't just up and trade away their elite O-lineman. Our O-line is going to be hassle for us all season. There's just no avoiding it. It's something that were going to have to deal with. Our O-line is something that can be addressed next season with our extra 2nd round picks.

This season however acquiring Boldin would be an immediate upgrade for our team. He'd be a very important building block to achieving a high powered offense. Without Boldin this season Bowe's going to be double teamed every game, our O-line's not going to help out our running game or passing game and were going to be in trouble. With Boldin on our team though it gives Cassel another target to throw to (which he could use) and is another player that defenses must gameplan for and account for. It makes our team better and would be a great move us. Boldin is well worth a 1st and 5th round pick and a backup QB that doesn't fit our system.

matthewschiefs
09-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm sick of people saying we should make a trade for an elite O-lineman. NEWSFLASH, O-linemen are very valuable to teams. Teams don't just up and trade away their elite O-lineman. Our O-line is going to be hassle for us all season. There's just no avoiding it. It's something that were going to have to deal with. Our O-line is something that can be addressed next season with our extra 2nd round picks.

This season however acquiring Boldin would be an immediate upgrade for our team. He'd be a very important building block to achieving a high powered offense. Without Boldin this season Bowe's going to be double teamed every game, our O-line's not going to help out our running game or passing game and were going to be in trouble. With Boldin on our team though it gives Cassel another target to throw to (which he could use) and is another player that defenses must gameplan for and account for. It makes our team better and would be a great move us. Boldin is well worth a 1st and 5th round pick and a backup QB that doesn't fit our system.

I agree i dont think that the Chiefs would be able to work out a trade for a big upgrade. At least not without hurting the team. I dont think its something you should do. It would be a huge upgrade at reciver. But I realy dont think its going to happen there would be more rumors out there then what we are seeing.

Unsterblich856
09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
It's the Bleacher Report. I can go to that site and claim that a trade is in progress that would send McNabb to the Browns for a hamburger. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor. It might as well be in the National Enquirer.

yashi
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM

It's rare but it does happen. Jason Peters was traded to the Eagles this past offseason and he's one of the best offensive tackles in the league.

captainamerica
09-03-2009, 04:42 PM
It's rare but it does happen. Jason Peters was traded to the Eagles this past offseason and he's one of the best offensive tackles in the league.
Jason Peters is a good run blocker, but he's not that good at passing blocking. I think Jason is a bit overrated. There was a reason why the Bills didn't keep him. With all that said I'd love to have him on our team, because of how weak our O-line is, but I wouldn't consider him one of the best tackles in the league and even an O-linemen of his caliber being traded is rare.

Canada
09-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Jason Peters is a good run blocker, but he's not that good at passing blocking. I think Jason is a bit overrated. There was a reason why the Bills didn't keep him. With all that said I'd love to have him on our team, because of how weak our O-line is, but I wouldn't consider him one of the best tackles in the league and even an O-linemen of his caliber being traded is rare.

Cause they are idiots. Also it is against site rules to fully spell the name of that team.

Available alternatives are

B-lls
Fubbalo b-lls
Those douche bags from buffalo
as$holes
Jills
or the team that lost 4 straight superbowls and then lost all their bandwagon fans and are just left with a bunch of sh!theads for fans that don't know how to enjoy a football game. :bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
09-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Cause they are idiots. Also it is against site rules to fully spell the name of that team.

Available alternatives are

B-lls
Fubbalo b-lls
Those douche bags from buffalo
as
Jills
or the team that lost 4 straight superbowls and then lost all their bandwagon fans and are just left with a bunch of sh!theads for fans that don't know how to enjoy a football game. :bananen_smilies046:
Hahah, I bet you couldn't stand the HoF ceremony when they were honoring Ralph and......BRUUUUCE! :lol:

Vanilla Garilla
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I really dont find this trade out of the realm of possibility. Sure its far fetched, complicated, but it would be a win win win for all teams involved.

Canada
09-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Hahah, I bet you couldn't stand the HoF ceremony when they were honoring Ralph and......BRUUUUCE! :lol:

I didnt really bother me, I can respect some of the players and definitely what Ralph did for the league, its mostly the fans I cant stand. bunch of idiots every time I go there. Beside, they didn't do Bruce until after DT so I didnt have to watch!! :D

Ryfo18
09-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Get that BS out of here. Why would the Cards want Brandon Marshall. He's in the same boat as Boldin, except Boldin is acting like a professional and not punting balls in practice. And why would the Cards give up Leinart who has proven to be fairly capable, especially since they have an aging injury prone QB. Until the major sports sites report this, I don't even think it has 5% of truth to it.

doobs_05
09-04-2009, 03:13 AM
if we can't trade for a good OL we need to save our 1st round draft pick for a really good OL

also i like calling the b_lls the team that lost 4 straight superbowls and then lost all their bandwagon fans and are just left with a bunch of sh!theads for fans that don't know how to enjoy a football game

Bike
09-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Yeah for 6 years/60 mil. Cassels deal was for 63 mil for 6 years. Pioli ain't hell-bent on financially destroying this team.