PDA

View Full Version : well do you think cassel will play

marloweopatchiefs
09-04-2009, 04:41 PM
wel really only got to see him play 1 game and that was the second. The first game was pouring rain so that didn't count. The second game he looked good. I still think the chiefs will move the ball if cassel is in there. I do think we need him if we stand a chance against the ravens. Croyle and thigpen suck. Gutierrez wasn't bad he should be the backup.

matthewschiefs
09-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I have a felling that hes going to play. If hes out i think he will only miss 1 week but I think he will be ready. Go chiefs!!!!!

KottkeKU
09-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I think he will play....if he does end up starting, i think we could surprise some people and maybe pull off the upset if we can hold Baltimore's offense under 17 points...

josh1971
09-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I think he's going to play. It would be nice if we could get five O-lineman to start and stay healthy- maybe they could gel and give our QB some time, and some room for LJ and Jamaal to run!

jb

wolfpack
09-05-2009, 09:03 AM
He`ll be ready to play. But do you play him not being 100% against the cavens big "D" or wait till game 2 where he is 100% and against the faiders "D".

Rodgers4MVP
09-05-2009, 01:27 PM
You guys are dreaming,Were not beating the ravens No!We have a chance agaisnt like the Giants and our division,but the Steelers!no!

Chiefster
09-05-2009, 01:39 PM
well doyou think cassel will play

Yes.

loyalchief91
09-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes.

Pro_Angler
09-05-2009, 01:45 PM
choke

SDChief09
09-05-2009, 01:51 PM
yes he will play...This guy just has it, and its hard to explain but guys who have it find ways to play...it didnt sound major, although we havent seen him walking around yet(since the game)....

If I had to guess, he plays, and KC keeps its quiet and calls him questionable till....gametime. For an advantage against the ravens...this is a new offense as of last week, new plays...exciting...

Cassel looked great, so sharp...cant wait...he better play..

McLovin
09-05-2009, 04:46 PM
You guys are dreaming,Were not beating the ravens No!We have a chance agaisnt like the Giants and our division,but the Steelers!no!
Neg rep AGAIN, go away TROLL.

Canada
09-07-2009, 09:51 AM
You guys are dreaming,Were not beating the ravens No!We have a chance agaisntlike the Giants and our division,but the Steelers!no!

It sucks that there are fans around like you. You must be the most depressing person to watch a game with. Have you ever seen an upset in the NFL?? Do you ever watch football. Theres a reason they play the game.

choke

Really? Choke? Nice.

wolfpack
09-07-2009, 09:56 AM
We were suppose to get beat bad by New England last opening day, but if Bowe would have caught the pass we would have won.So there`s always a chance. GO CHIEFS!

doobs_05
09-08-2009, 03:11 AM
It sucks that there are fans around like you. You must be the most depressing person to watch a game with. Have you ever seen an upset in the NFL?? Do you ever watch football. Theres a reason they play the game.

Really? Choke? Nice.

Canada,Every post i read by you....i start to like you more and more....nothing gay or anything hahahaha.....or is it??

ps. your not a drunk pot head to me

You always have to think that there is a shot at beating a team....(this is toward the guy you quoted Canada)

i mean look at the playoff game in 93 the fubbalo bil-- beat the Houston Oilers and they were down by 32 points at half time but came back to win.

KCINNYC
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
The fan inside me says we win by two touchdowns. In truth it will be a battle. But I still like the teams chances after seeing Todd Haley's playcalling last week and Cassel's return.

matthewschiefs
09-08-2009, 01:15 PM
The fan inside me says we win by two touchdowns. In truth it will be a battle. But I still like the teams chances after seeing Todd Haley's playcalling last week and Cassel's return.

The Chiefs can at least compete with the ravens. I see the ravens wining a tight ballgame but hey maybe the chiefs can pull something off. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

KCINNYC
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
The Chiefs can at least compete with the ravens. I see the ravens wining a tight ballgame but hey maybe the chiefs can pull something off. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Go Chiefs is right.
HEY EVERYBODY! The Season Starts this SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:24: :24: :24: :carrot:

KC Maniac
09-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I wish I could be as optimistic as most of you seem to be. Unfortunately I watched the pre-season games...The sad shape of our offensive line kills any chance we have to keep this game under control. I hope I am wrong, but I fear the worst...(3-4 sacks, little to no offense, and a defense that is too tired by the end of the game to be effective).

Just because I am a realist, though, does not mean that I can't root for my team...GO CHIEFS! I just hope that we fix the problems with the o-line so that I am actually cheering for something.

I am tired of horrible, ugly losses.

Pro_Angler
09-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I wish I could be as optimistic as most of you seem to be. Unfortunately I watched the pre-season games...The sad shape of our offensive line kills any chance we have to keep this game under control. I hope I am wrong, but I fear the worst...(3-4 sacks, little to no offense, and a defense that is too tired by the end of the game to be effective).

Just because I am a realist, though, does not mean that I can't root for my team...GO CHIEFS! I just hope that we fix the problems with the o-line so that I am actually cheering for something.

I am tired of horrible, ugly losses.

Well said. I have yet to see Cassel prove to me anything, untill he does he is no beter then thiggy or Brodie IMO. Our o-line will allow 4-5 sacks and Cassel will probably throw 2 picks and we will have atleast one fumble.
I pray not but it's not looking good.

Bike
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Well said. I have yet to see Cassel prove to me anything, untill he does he is no beter then thiggy or Brodie IMO. Our o-line will allow 4-5 sacks and Cassel will probably throw 2 picks and we will have atleast one fumble.
I pray not but it's not looking good.
But he does have 5x as many nfl wins as all our other qbs combined. I really don't get the comparison.

honda522
09-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I remember the last time we played the Ravens. Dante Hall to it to the house against the best special teams in the league that year.

AkChief49
09-09-2009, 07:22 PM
was Dante even on the team the last time we played them?

AkChief49
09-09-2009, 07:29 PM
by golly he was. His TD was not a kick return though.

McLovin
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I just read on NFL.com that Matt Cassel is going to be listed as questionable for the Ravens game.

Chiefs QB Cassel questionable for opener vs. Ravens with knee injury (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8127a2fd&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Cant tell if he is going to play and this is Haley/Pioli smokescreen or if it is legit questionable.

deerhunter2
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I agree with Marlow... If Cassel doesn't start, Gutierrez should get a shot at it. Thig and Brod both have proved to stink and what I saw of Gutierrez was nothing but great in the preseason. But with that said, I hope and feel that Cassel will start. I also feel that with all things considered we have a good chance at beating the "Lavens" if our D can keep it close.

honda522
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
by golly he was. His TD was not a kick return though.
My bad, punt return. Almost the same thing. I have the audio...somewhere.

josh1971
09-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I agree with Marlow... If Cassel doesn't start, Gutierrez should get a shot at it. Thig and Brod both have proved to stink and what I saw of Gutierrez was nothing but great in the preseason. But with that said, I hope and feel that Cassel will start. I also feel that with all things considered we have a good chance at beating the "Lavens" if our D can keep it close.

Was he even great when he couldn't make the throw to win against the vikes? Or great when he threw 2 picks against Seattle?

He was no better or worse overall than Croyle, but did look better than Thiggo. A positive about Mr. Gutierrez is that he can move the ball, but it's not entirely accurate to say he was "nothing but great".

jb

deerhunter2
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Was he even great when he couldn't make the throw to win against the vikes? Or great when he threw 2 picks against Seattle?

He was no better or worse overall than Croyle, but did look better than Thiggo. A positive about Mr. Gutierrez is that he can move the ball, but it's not entirely accurate to say he was "nothing but great".

jb

I just can't generate any love for Croyle or Thigpen after the last two seasons. I am ready to see them both sent away for whatever we could get for them, which I can't see being much.

Chiefster
09-10-2009, 09:28 PM
I just read on NFL.com that Matt Cassel is going to be listed as questionable for the Ravens game.

Chiefs QB Cassel questionable for opener vs. Ravens with knee injury (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8127a2fd&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Cant tell if he is going to play and this is Haley/Pioli smokescreen or if it is legit questionable.

This is so that the Ravens can't came plan specifically for him.

holminone
09-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Funny thing on Cassel. Most in New England would agree that it should have been Gutierrez to get the nod to replace Brady, but that didn't happen. Gutierrez should definitely get the nod on Sunday if Cassel doesn't go. I think he has the X-factor you see only in a game situation- and ironically, he's never had a shot in a real game. It baffles my mind that he still rides the bench.