PDA

View Full Version : With Waiver-Wire Sunday coming up who do you feel the Chiefs should give a look?

captainamerica
09-05-2009, 04:27 PM
I was thinking for starters why not give TE Leonard Pope a look? He's a big guy standing at 6'8 and was the starter for the Cards last season. Sean Ryan has earned the starting job for us, but Cottam, O'Connell, and Crabtree haven't been impressive. I say we should release all 3 and sign Pope. Pope's a big guy who know's Hailey's offense and would be a very solid backup for us. What do you guys think?

Rodgers4MVP
09-05-2009, 04:44 PM
We should just just end our team out of embarrassment

McLovin
09-05-2009, 04:48 PM
We should just just end our team out of embarrassment
Can we get a ban on this TROLL. Wake up Mods.. Time for work.

yashi
09-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Leonard Pope is just Brad Cottam before Brad Cottam though.

Maybe Rod Hood for some CB depth and cut Coclough?

I heard the Eagles might cut Reggie Brown. If so, we should go after him for sure.

captainamerica
09-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Leonard Pope is just Brad Cottam before Brad Cottam though.
Leonard Pope has a lot more starting experience than Cottam and had an okay season in 2007. Plus He knows Hailey's offense better. Pope > Cottam in my opinion. Plus he's a better blocker.

KC Maniac
09-05-2009, 05:45 PM
If we don't try and get some O-lineman, I agree with the 'troll'....It will be an embarrassment. The way that the O-line has performed in preseason is a joke. I don't know which teams will be forced to let go of decent o-lineman (which teams are lucky enough to have plenty of good ones?)....But that would be what I would be looking at.

Eydugstr
09-05-2009, 06:04 PM
The way that the O-line has performed in preseason is a joke.

+1. How many injured QB's and RB's does it take to get the message?

honda522
09-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Maybe an OL if he is worth it. Trade Chase for Brodie.

warcrychief
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Anyone with good O-line experience

captainamerica
09-05-2009, 07:48 PM
What do you guys think of Tony Pashos? He couldn't be any worse than the guys we already have.

captainamerica
09-05-2009, 08:01 PM
If not Leonard Pope another TE we could go after that would be an upgrade over Jake O'Connell is Alex Smith. Alex Smith has lots of starting experience as is a decent option at TE.

(sorry for the double post. I couldn't edit my previous post, because 10 minutes had already expired.)

McLovin
09-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I hear Bernard Pollard is available, maybe we should give him a look. That guy is a stud.

N TX Dave
09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
If we don't try and get some O-lineman, I agree with the 'troll'....It will be an embarrassment. The way that the O-line has performed in preseason is a joke. I don't know which teams will be forced to let go of decent o-lineman (which teams are lucky enough to have plenty of good ones?)....But that would be what I would be looking at.

WE traded for two just 10 days ago lets nont give up hope just yet. How about:

The Jaguars released OT Tony Pashos, a league source told NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora, because he wouldn’t agree to a pay cut. Pashos was scheduled to make $4.3 million this season

captainamerica
09-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I hear Bernard Pollard is available, maybe we should give him a look. That guy is a stud.
What a great idea. We could definitily sign him on and than release one of the weaker players on our team. I mean Pollard's a guy that's good enough to be our starter. Who ever released him sure made a dumbass decision.

KC Maniac
09-05-2009, 08:44 PM
WE traded for two just 10 days ago lets nont give up hope just yet. How about:

The Jaguars released OT Tony Pashos, a league source told NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora, because he wouldn’t agree to a pay cut. Pashos was scheduled to make $4.3 million this season

You're right....I know we had those guys only for one or two games of the preseason and it does take some time to build chemistry and trust on the O-Line....

I just was hoping to see an IMMEDIATE impact.....and from the last game it just seems the line isn't even better than the last couple of horrible years.

All of these defensive improvements aren't going to mean diddly if the offense can't make 1st downs and protect the QB.

I know Pioli and company are smarter than me, and working on it..I am just frustrated and impatient...Seeing the good defense and knowing what a torture it will be watching them break down and get tired due to lack of offensive production is just not something I am looking forward to doing....

But, thanks for giving me hope...I do hope the two guys from Miami will help, and heck I hope we do sign Pashos..I know nothing about him but we need to do something to put a spark in the line.

:fatlock:

jmlamerson
09-05-2009, 09:11 PM
I was thinking for starters why not give TE Leonard Pope a look? He's a big guy standing at 6'8 and was the starter for the Cards last season. Sean Ryan has earned the starting job for us, but Cottam, O'Connell, and Crabtree haven't been impressive. I say we should release all 3 and sign Pope. Pope's a big guy who know's Hailey's offense and would be a very solid backup for us. What do you guys think?

Pope is an option, maybe, but I don't think we'll pick him up. Given the shakiness of our OL, we need a blocking TE, and that's where Pope's been deficient.

DT14PRIEST
09-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Sean Ryan's a turd when he's on the field. Him starting is a testament to just how bad we are at TE.

Players waived that I would like the Chiefs to take a look at:

- Tony Pashos (OT)
- Shaun Smith (DT)
- Benjamin Watson (TE)
- Ryan O'Callaghan (OT/G)
- Brian Russel (S)
- Kynan Forney (G)
- Leonard Pope (TE)

I can live with our WRs for now. MAybe there someone out there I don't know of that others may they might want to take a look at. Not named David Tyree I hope.

josh1971
09-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Bruce Davis- a LB the Steelers let go. Young, pretty dang talented, though I'll admit to not watching a lot of film on the guy.

But It would certainly be nice to get some depth there.

AkChief49
09-05-2009, 11:46 PM
whatever happened to Levi Jones?he sign with anyone?

DT14PRIEST
09-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Bruce Davis- a LB the Steelers let go. Young, pretty dang talented, though I'll admit to not watching a lot of film on the guy.

But It would certainly be nice to get some depth there.

If I was LeGarrette Blount I'd false crack you right now for suggesting we need more LBs.

Thats truth. Straight up.

:lol:

DT14PRIEST
09-05-2009, 11:48 PM
whatever happened to Levi Jones?he sign with anyone?

I think the league realized he was a rolling medical bill just waiting to be picked up.

SERIOUS talent but he's like an older version of Andre Smith. Can't stay healthy, can't stay in shape.

yashi
09-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Sean Ryan's a turd when he's on the field. Him starting is a testament to just how bad we are at TE.

Players waived that I would like the Chiefs to take a look at:

- Tony Pashos (OT)
- Shaun Smith (DT)
- Benjamin Watson (TE)
- Ryan O'Callaghan (OT/G)
- Brian Russel (S)
- Kynan Forney (G)
- Leonard Pope (TE)

I can live with our WRs for now. MAybe there someone out there I don't know of that others may they might want to take a look at. Not named David Tyree I hope.

Shaun Smith was signed by the Lions... weeks ago I think.

Ben Watson was waived?

Did you see Ryan make 2 nice catches Thursday?

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 12:00 AM

Ben Watson was waived?

Lions no likey- they released him

josh1971
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Say, how about we pick up this guy- really looks like he could contribute to a team!

NFL Videos: On the Fringe: Boomer Grigsby on being cut, Part 1 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-video-diaries/09000d5d81267725/On-the-Fringe-Boomer-Grigsby-on-being-cut-Part-1)

DT14PRIEST
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM

Ben Watson was waived?

- Shaun Smith was waived today
- Ben Watson was waived today
- I did see him make a couple nice grabs. I also saw him kill several drives, inadvertently assist in getting Cassel injured, and be woefully inconsistent.

Just sayin; the good out weighs the bad in this situation. At least to me.

DT14PRIEST
09-06-2009, 12:24 AM
- Shaun Smith was waived today
- I did see him make a couple nice grabs. I also saw him kill several drives, inadvertently assist in getting Cassel injured, and be woefully inconsistent.

Just sayin; the good out weighs the bad in this situation. At least to me.

The bad out weighs the good I mean

:11:

KottkeKU
09-06-2009, 12:52 AM
do we still have Demorrio Williams? This guy is a waste of a roster spot if he is...

I wonder where Pollard will end up...i think Philly could use some SS help, he would be a good fit there...

captainamerica
09-06-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm not seeing anywhere that says Ben Watson got waived. He's still listed as a Patriot on NFL.com and on wikipedia. I think you may be confused with Alex Smith (TE). Alex Smith was a TE the Pats released today. He's a player that has a decent amount of starting experience and would be a good pickup for the team. Ben Watson would also be a great pickup, but I don't think the Pats released him. If they did that would be pretty foolish considering all of Ben's natural talent.

yashi
09-06-2009, 01:06 AM
do we still have Demorrio Williams? This guy is a waste of a roster spot if he is...

I wonder where Pollard will end up...i think Philly could use some SS help, he would be a good fit there...

I like Demorrio Williams. He's probably the fastest linebacker we have. Vrabel and Hali are both on the slow side, so it's nice to have a guy that can sub in with some speed.

DT14PRIEST
09-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm not seeing anywhere that says Ben Watson got waived. He's still listed as a Patriot on NFL.com and on wikipedia. I think you may be confused with Alex Smith (TE). Alex Smith was a TE the Pats released today. He's a player that has a decent amount of starting experience and would be a good pickup for the team. Ben Watson would also be a great pickup, but I don't think the Pats released him. If they did that would be pretty foolish considering all of Ben's natural talent.

yea im wrong i read the update on ESPN wrong. they just added more TEs not released them

yashi
09-06-2009, 01:58 AM
I wouldn't mind checking out Shaun Smith, though Tank and Edwards have been pretty solid at NT actually.

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 02:17 AM
I wouldn't mind checking out Shaun Smith, though Tank and Edwards have been pretty solid at NT actually.
Smith is a beast- but Browns and now the Lions have let him go.

lucky_lefty
09-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Pope or Garrett Mills would be a better option @ TE. Pope knows the system but I don't think a TE makes that much of a difference in Haley's system. LB wise, Bo Ruud or maybe Cato June but I don't see why they'd need anymore. Why the hell was Lelie cut? He looked somewhat productive

wolfpack
09-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Pashos, thats the one we should spend our biggest time on. Any other o-lineman couldn`tbe any worse than Richardson.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Pope or Garrett Mills would be a better option @ TE. Pope knows the system but I don't think a TE makes that much of a difference in Haley's system. LB wise, Bo Ruud or maybe Cato June but I don't see why they'd need anymore. Why the hell was Lelie cut? He looked somewhat productive
Because we want Big Strong Fast football team, Lelie, like Wright was small and doubt strong. I have to say when I went to the STL game Lelie didn't put down the ball until it was his turn to go in, always doing something on the side lines. Although he was also almost always alone. Not working with anyone else or getting coached up just always there. Also all of his production came with the third team D, and he missed almost as many as he caught. He absolutely had the heart.

pbatrucker
09-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Amazingly, Pashos hasn't been claimed yet!Must have something to do with his 4 1/2 mil in salary.

chiefan
09-07-2009, 10:20 AM
What about Bruce Davis, OLB. The Steelers drafted him for their 3-4 last year, in round 3, and already cut him. He is only 24.

yashi
09-07-2009, 11:15 AM
I'd like for us to take a look at CB Justin Miller as a possible kick returner. He took 2 kickoffs to the house for the Raiders last season and has been a pro bowl return guy.