PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs, Ravens interested in Tyree

captainamerica
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM
The Chiefs and Ravens are among the teams that have expressed interest in veteran WR David Tyree, who was released by the Giants today, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Since Tyree is a vested veteran and can sign right away, there is a chance he could be with another team within the next few days, the source said.
Though both teams need help at wide receiver, Tyree is coveted more for his special-teams play. He was a special-teams Pro Bowler and is especially adept on punt coverage. However, nagging injuries and a deep receiver pool limited his availability this preseason, resulting in him being let go by the Giants.

–Steve Wyche
NFL On The Fringe » Blog Archive Chiefs, Ravens interested in Tyree « (http://onthefringe.nfl.com/2009/09/05/chiefs-ravens-interested-in-tyree/)

What do you guys think? Would he be a good fit for our team?

yashi
09-05-2009, 05:07 PM
We could use him as a special teamer, that's about it.

chiefan
09-05-2009, 05:44 PM
We can use him in clutch situations. THE HELMET CATCH. Yeah, +rep Me.

KC Maniac
09-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Won't really matter as our QB won't have enough time to throw him the ball or even be able to see him...There will be too much mud and turf in his face mask.

honda522
09-05-2009, 06:30 PM
There is a reason he was cut.

texaschief
09-05-2009, 06:56 PM

Yeah, but the Giants WRs are better than ours. :lol: He'd probably contribute to our WR corp.

captainamerica
09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah it was due to his injury concerns and the fact that he didn't get much playing time in the pre-season. That and the Giants have a lot of young guys they brought in to play WR. That doesn't mean that Tyree is that bad of a player.

AkChief49
09-05-2009, 07:43 PM
one man's trash.....

honda522
09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah it was due to his injury concerns and the fact that he didn't get much playing time in the pre-season. That and the Giants have a lot of young guys they brought in to play WR. That doesn't mean that Tyree is that bad of a player.
He couldn't catch before the super bowl either. He had a lucky catch and everyone thought he was the greatest thing. I am sure injury didn't help his case, but I think he lacks skill.

dad005
09-05-2009, 07:50 PM
we do NOT need tyree. we do need tons of help on o-line, and now (with pollard being cut) depth at SS

jmlamerson
09-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Tyree would be brought on for special teams and possibly as a return man. It wouldn;t be a sexy pickup, but we could do a lot worse.

And while I like Pollard, I understand why we released him. We need a SS who can be adequate in coverage. Pollard can hit and tackle, but he's lousy in coverage. He's a poor man's Roy Williams. A Cover 2 team like Minny or TB should scoop him up.

Rodgers4MVP
09-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Lol honestly,if we don't adress the O-line and Speical teams next year..I will never say Chiefs again,I'll say garbage

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Lol honestly,if we don't adress the O-line and Speical teams next year..I will never say Chiefs again,I'll say garbage

Do you really need to keep trolling around here?

josh1971
09-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Agreed- if after "13 years" as a chiefs fan, your that petty, the team really doesn't need you as a fan.

If you're a fan, then be a fan. If you're going to call the team garbage, there's a silver and black team that needs you.

JB

yashi
09-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Agreed- if after "13 years" as a chiefs fan, your that petty, the team really doesn't need you as a fan.

If you're a fan, then be a fan. If you're going to call the team garbage, there's a silver and black team that needs you.

JB

I would never wish that upon another human being.

josh1971
09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Well, if he's going to float around here chief bashing, he might as well be over there.

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Well, if he's going to float around here chief bashing, he might as well be over there.
with the rest of the "floaters":D

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 03:39 AM
David Tyree = Larry Brown = Desmond Howard = Timmy Smith

wolfpack
09-06-2009, 10:06 AM
If it wasn`t for special teams, Tyree isnt any better than Lelie as a receiver. But i forgot, we have the second coming of Walker and Moss by the name of Cooper.

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM
If it wasn`t for special teams, Tyree isnt any better than Lelie as a receiver. But i forgot, we have the second coming of Walker and Moss by the name of Cooper.

You probably mean "Copper." Who is a great special teams gunner and will be our 4WR behind Bowe, Bradley, and Engram.

Seriously, where did all this Copper hate come from? He's a fast WR with good hands and is a great special teams player. He's a good fit for our team.

jap1
09-06-2009, 12:39 PM
He couldn't catch before the super bowl either. He had a lucky catch and everyone thought he was the greatest thing. I am sure injury didn't help his case, but I think he lacks skill.

I agree. I think we have a good solid core with bowe bradley, and engram. Copper and Lawrence will probably get decent playing time because of their speed threat.

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 10:39 PM
we let Lelie go and he produced this preseason so why would we bring in tyree with his injury pron body. Just wouldn't be a good move.

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 10:40 PM
we let Lelie go and he produced this preseason so why would we bring in tyree with his injury pron body. Just wouldn't be a good move.

Lelie isn't a return threat nor is he a good special teams player. Tyree is.

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
If he can stay healthy, we just need to pick up some solid o-line before picking up any WR.

Bike
09-06-2009, 10:52 PM
If he can stay healthy, we just need to pick up some solid o-line before picking up any WR.
Didn't we just p/u O'Callaghan? Ndukwe? Allerman? Goff? I don't know how solid they are, but they got to be better than what we've had the last couple years...

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Didn't we just p/u O'Callaghan? Ndukwe? Allerman? Goff? I don't know how solid they are, but they got to be better than what we've had the last couple years...
anyone hear where Pashos landed?

Chiefster
09-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Lelie isn't a return threat nor is he a good special teams player. Tyree is.

Good point. we need help on special teams, although the blocking has to be there in order for anyone to produce good returns.

Bike
09-06-2009, 11:00 PM
anyone hear where Pashos landed?
Hopefully he'll land at KCI...:D

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Hopefully he'll land at KCI...:D
so no one has nabbed him yet?

Bike
09-06-2009, 11:04 PM
so no one has nabbed him yet?
Not that I know of...