PDA

View Full Version : We need a New Kicker?

sling58
08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
After watching the Rook not get the ball thru the uprights last night I have come to the conclusion that we need another kicker.

I think we need to go get Nick Lowery back.

swmochiefsfan
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
definitly disheartning, should be plenty of kickers on the market in coming days.Maybe he just needs competition.

:sign0104:

sling58
08-17-2007, 12:36 PM
definitly disheartning, should be plenty of kickers on the market in coming days.Maybe he just needs competition.

:sign0104:

Competition is always good. I think he knows that he has the job right now and is too comfortable right now.

Canada
08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Wasn't he holding out for a while too?? He shold be paying the Chiefs right now. Uniform rental and crap. 1 for 3 bullsh*t

chief31
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, at least we aren't still putting up with Lawrence Tynes.

Canada
08-17-2007, 02:43 PM

Are you serious? Medlock was 1 for 3. missed 42 and 37. I would rather be putting up with Tynes right now. Medlock better get his sh*t together.

chief31
08-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Are you serious? Medlock was 1 for 3. missed 42 and 37. I would rather be putting up with Tynes right now. Medlock better get his sh*t together.

(Pssst!) Sarcasm. :yahoo:

luv
08-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Give him a few more games. The snapper and the holder are used to Tynes, who's right-footed. Everyone just needs to adjust.

Guru
08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I know, I know......

How about Lin Eliot.

Canada
08-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Jan Stenrud

Chiefster
08-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Yup! LOL!

He was struggling with this very thing in training camp.

chief31
08-18-2007, 08:07 AM
I just hate the way Tynes was thrown away. What was wrong with keeping the proven kicker, while inviting the rook to compete for the job? I didn't like the pick in the first place and unless he becomes Adam Vinatieri, I never will. But, then, to cut the proven guy, because of the guaratee of success, with someone who has never played at this level, shows a lack of common sense.

Canada
08-18-2007, 08:44 AM
I still can't believe we drafted a kicker!!! Maybe we should picked a new water boy too!!

sling58
08-18-2007, 08:55 AM
That's high-quality h20!

Canada
08-18-2007, 09:05 AM
That's high-quality h20!:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
08-18-2007, 12:42 PM
I just hate the way Tynes was thrown away. What was wrong with keeping the proven kicker, while inviting the rook to compete for the job? I didn't like the pick in the first place and unless he becomes Adam Vinatieri, I never will. But, then, to cut the proven guy, because of the guaratee of success, with someone who has never played at this level, shows a lack of common sense.

This is the staple of the Chiefs this year. Look at the QB situation. It seems that Herm is all about taking his chances with the roster and depth chart before the games start but not once they get on the field.

sling58
08-18-2007, 01:56 PM
I feel like the Chiefs have the Chicago Cubs curse or something. How can we have such a great team the past few to lose the big ones? I think King Carl peeved off the Football Gods, IMO.

chief31
08-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I feel like the Chiefs have the Chicago Cubs curse or something. How can we have such a great team the past few to lose the big ones? I think King Carl peeved off the Football Gods, IMO.

Oh, no. As a Cubs fan, I can tell you that the Chiefs are far from being comparable to the Cubs. The Cubs spend a great many seasons in dead-last place. The Chiefs are at least competetive, on a regular basis.

m0ef0e
08-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh, no. As a Cubs fan, I can tell you that the Chiefs are far from being comparable to the Cubs. The Cubs spend a great many seasons in dead-last place. The Chiefs are at least competetive, on a regular basis.

As long as it's not a playoff game. :beer:

Guru
08-18-2007, 06:39 PM
After watching the Rook not get the ball thru the uprights last night I have come to the conclusion that we need another kicker.

I think we need to go get Nick Lowery back.

No, we need a new coach and GM.

chief31
08-18-2007, 07:04 PM

I love the idea!!!:yahoo:

Chiefster
08-18-2007, 08:20 PM

AMEN MY CHIEFS BROTHER!!!

m0ef0e
08-18-2007, 10:08 PM

Sounds good to me.

Chiefster
08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Sounds good to me.

That settles it; we're all in agreement as to what the real problems are. :D

stlchief
08-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Back to the Medlock thread:

I don't get it. Croyle throws a JR HIGH SCHOOL interception and everyone talks about how great he is and give him his time to learn.

Medlock misses a couple and everyone wanst LT BACK?

I'm missing the logic. Medlock's first miss was on Colquitt. The guy is great, but new snapper, new foot (left vs. right), new kicker. It's going to take some game situations to get timing down. The 2nd one hit the upright.

Tynes was a proven screw-up. He probably missed more extra points than any other kicker during his tenure. I think (hope) we'll be better at the end of the season with Medlock (even though I'm a Huard fan...).

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 10:49 AM

I don't get it. Croyle throws a JR HIGH SCHOOL interception and everyone talks about how great he is and give him his time to learn.

I'm missing the logic. Medlock's first miss was on Colquitt. The guy is great, but new snapper, new foot (left vs. right), new kicker. It's going to take some game situations to get timing down. The 2nd one hit the upright.

Tynes was a proven screw-up. He probably missed more extra points than any other kicker during his tenure. I think (hope) we'll be better at the end of the season with Medlock (even though I'm a Huard fan...).

I was not all that unsatisfied with Tynes over-all performance last year.

wolfpack
08-20-2007, 01:32 PM
kickers are going to miss afew. my problem is we have to rely on our kicker to win games then our "o" su$ks the big one. a game here and there maybe but hermmie thinks we shouldnt score than a dozen points.

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 01:58 PM
kickers are going to miss afew. my problem is we have to rely on our kicker to win games then our "o" su$ks the big one. a game here and there maybe but hermmie thinks we shouldnt score than a dozen points.

That's Germ for ya.

Canada
08-20-2007, 05:59 PM

I never said that Croyle was great, I said that Huard is average. Aren't you doing the same thing that you are complaining about. It's only 2 misses but he is great. I have a problem with a guy who was holding out for more money and then misses 66% of his kicks. If he had all these things to get used to he should have had his *** in camp on time. He didn't so now he gets to listen to the criticism.

m0ef0e
08-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I never said that Croyle was great, I said that Huard is average. Aren't you doing the same thing that you are complaining about. It's only 2 misses but he is great. I have a problem with a guy who was holding out for more money and then misses 66% of his kicks. If he had all these things to get used to he should have had his *** in camp on time. He didn't so now he gets to listen to the criticism.

Damn right! Don't forget that this is the guy who rolled his eyes about how many kicks they were making him take in practice. If he doesn't want to work, he can go home, get on the internet, and start selling stuff on ebay.

stlchief
08-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I Aren't you doing the same thing that you are complaining about.

Probably, but in my opinion -- Tynes took away opportunities to win with bad kicks, so I support dropping him for a youngster.

Huard was the second best QB last year (according to QB ratings), so I support sticking with someone who was a winner last year as opposed to on-the-job-training an unknown.

As to M0ef0e: I agree - he should have been there kicking while they worked on $. It's not like he could take a hit and end his career and lose out. And don't cry about the number of kicks until you stop missing....

Canada
08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
QB ratings are not the be all and end all of a QB. Huard managed games and didn't make stupid mistakes. How many times did he drive the team down the field for a win at the end of a game?? I can not agree that Huard is the second best QB in the league and I think you will have some trouble finding someone else who does.

stlchief
08-20-2007, 11:14 PM
QB ratings are not the be all and end all of a QB. Huard managed games and didn't make stupid mistakes. How many times did he drive the team down the field for a win at the end of a game?? I can not agree that Huard is the second best QB in the league and I think you will have some trouble finding someone else who does

:sign0156:

Just throwing out QB rating as a measurement. TD's to Interceptions is another (11-3). Pass completion % (60+) might be another. W-L record as the starter (5-3), could be one also.

He will not be in the Hall of Fame, but the guy did a helluva job last year....

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 11:33 PM

Agreed! Good reply! :sign0098:

Canada
08-21-2007, 12:12 AM
:sign0156:

Just throwing out QB rating as a measurement. TD's to Interceptions is another (11-3). Pass completion % (60+) might be another. W-L record as the starter (5-3), could be one also.

He will not be in the Hall of Fame, but the guy did a helluva job last year....

All this over an 8 game schedule...google Damon Huard and look at the other 10 years of his career and then tell me if last year was the anomily or the first 10 years

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 12:34 AM
All this over an 8 game schedule...google Damon Huard and look at the other 10 years of his career and then tell me if last year was the anomily or the first 10 years

I think the fact that he's been a career back up to me speaks volumes; there's a reason for it.

Canada
08-21-2007, 01:10 AM
I posted his career stats somewhere. He is average.

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 01:17 AM
I posted his career stats somewhere. He is average.

...At best.

stlchief
08-21-2007, 01:23 AM
What were Curt Warner's career #'s before Green broke his leg in STL? Decent #'s in Arena League Football at best. (no - not saying Huard is up there with Warner).

Just that the guy did well last year and he got us to the play-offs. He has a better supporting cast this year (if LJ shows), so why think we wouldn't go again with him?

Croyle has shown he will lose a few games for us. Huard, if nothing else, has shown he'll help (even if he is not heading to the hall....).

I am no Huard-lover, just a believer in go for the play-offs every year and see what happens. I think Huard gives us much more of a shot this year...

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 01:34 AM
What were Curt Warner's career #'s before Green broke his leg in STL? Decent #'s in Arena League Football at best. (no - not saying Huard is up there with Warner).

Just that the guy did well last year and he got us to the play-offs. He has a better supporting cast this year (if LJ shows), so why think we wouldn't go again with him?

Croyle has shown he will lose a few games for us. Huard, if nothing else, has shown he'll help (even if he is not heading to the hall....).

I am no Huard-lover, just a believer in go for the play-offs every year and see what happens. I think Huard gives us much more of a shot this year...

I think the other side of that coin is that in order to get to where we all wanna go we may well need to go through a couple of years of not making it to the playoffs. Aikman and Elway's first season was absolutely dismal.

stlchief
08-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I think the other side of that coin is that in order to get to where we all wanna go we may well need to go through a couple of years of not making it to the playoffs. Aikman and Elway's first season was absolutely dismal.

Therein lies the crux of the debate. Take a shot at play-offs this year (with suspected average experienced QB) or go thru these years of pain.

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Therein lies the crux of the debate. Take a shot at play-offs this year (with suspected average experienced QB) or go thru these years of pain.

That's assuming that either QB can get us there this year with an unproven "O" line.

stlchief
08-21-2007, 02:16 AM
That's assuming that either QB can get us there this year with an unproven "O" line.

Ahhh, the spirited pre-season debate is suddenly ruined by a third philosophy:

REALISM....

chief31
08-21-2007, 09:19 AM

Y'know... I watched a quarterback last season, who managed to do a pretty good job, with I-65 covering his blind-side. Anyone? Someting like 11 touchdowns, or so and I think, only one int.?

wolfpack
08-21-2007, 10:30 AM
if the tackles dont get better than we willbe hard pressed to win 8 games. we also need better cheerleaders,atleast skimper outfits. the combo of the two will get us to the playoff.

Canada
08-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Y'know... I watched a quarterback last season, who managed to do a pretty good job, with I-65 covering his blind-side. Anyone? Someting like 11 touchdowns, or so and I think, only one int.?

OK OK We get it...you love Huard. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Ahhh, the spirited pre-season debate is suddenly ruined by a third philosophy:

REALISM....

Heh! :lol:

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 04:02 PM
if the tackles dont get better than we willbe hard pressed to win 8 games. we also need better cheerleaders,atleast skimper outfits. the combo of the two will get us to the playoff.

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
08-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Not to disagree, but our WR also stepped up in performed uncharacteristically well.

chief31
08-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Not to disagree, but our WR also stepped up in performed uncharacteristically well.
Perhaps uncharacteristically average is more accurate. I saw nothing particularly impressive from them.

Chiefster
08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Perhaps uncharacteristically average is more accurate. I saw nothing particularly impressive from them.

Hmmmmm, I could have sworn I saw some pretty athletic grabs, such as I had not before seen from our receivers. Maybe I dreamed them; I do that sometimes. :D

chief31
08-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Hmmmmm, I could have sworn I saw some pretty athletic grabs, such as I had not before seen from our receivers. Maybe I dreamed them; I do that sometimes. :D

Well, Gonzales has been doing that for years, Kennison has also been doing that for years, albiet quietly and Sammie Parker is well known for his ability to make the fantastic catch and drop the easy one. How were they any different form previous years?

Not to mention, there is a good chance that you dreamed it. I watched each game a number of times and failed to see any miracles from that bunch. I did see a "career backup" make some incredible throws, in the face of tremendous pressure.

HippyJoe
08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
John Carney was great last year!

AkChief49
08-23-2007, 06:13 PM
This is a tough one to call. On one hand the youngster is just that, young and mistake prone. Huard gives you the stability of a vetran, but has never played a complete season. The rest of the division has gone younger at the position, we used a third round on the guy(Croyle) so should we at least see what he's got before tossing him out? I agree Huard is not a bad QB. But he is hurt? (or just their way of letting him down saving face) Herm wants to get younger, and he has proven that! If Brodie is the starter, so be it. Just decide already!!!:D

m0ef0e
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
PRIN-TERS! PRIN-TERS! PRIN-TERS!

Seriously, he couldn't do any worse and his mobility could be more of an asset than Brodie's arm or Damon's decision-making on a team with such a pourous o-line.

AkChief49
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
PRIN-TERS! PRIN-TERS! PRIN-TERS!

Seriously, he couldn't do any worse and his mobility could be more of an asset than Brodie's arm or Damon's decision-making on a team with such a pourous o-line.

:lol: that's about the truth!! two 5th round picks....could we have gotten a couple o-linemen worth a flip???

m0ef0e
08-23-2007, 10:08 PM
LOL! Nice sig, Ak.

Canada
08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm all for it!! :)

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, Gonzales has been doing that for years, Kennison has also been doing that for years, albiet quietly and Sammie Parker is well known for his ability to make the fantastic catch and drop the easy one. How were they any different form previous years?

Not to mention, there is a good chance that you dreamed it. I watched each game a number of times and failed to see any miracles from that bunch. I did see a "career backup" make some incredible throws, in the face of tremendous pressure.

I think what we have here is a difference of perception and I'll leave it at that.

sling58
08-24-2007, 07:55 AM
I thought this thread was about the Kicker. I think we turn everything into the QB challege ha ha.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
I thought this thread was about the Kicker. I think we turn everything into the QB challege ha ha.

Heh! Threads tend to take on a life of their own. :lol:

sling58
08-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Heh! Threads tend to take on a life of their own. :lol:

I guess so. I think from now on all threads I start will be titled "Whatever!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 01:05 PM
I guess so. I think from now on all threads I start will be titled "Whatever!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The resident "Talk About Anything" thread maker. :yahoo::D

sling58
08-24-2007, 02:01 PM
The resident "Talk About Anything" thread maker. :yahoo::D

From now on yes, that is correct! (Chris Farley in Billy Madison)

chief31
08-24-2007, 02:02 PM
I think what we have here is a difference of perception and I'll leave it at that.

..........Chicken............

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
..........Chicken............

Git offin my lawn :sign0104::11:!!