PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pashos Has To Top Pioli's list as Available Free Agents

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Well, I have scoured the many players who have been released today and this is the guy I want. He is easily the best tackle available right now. He can also play guard. At 6'6 and 325 he obviously has the size.

He was released by Jacksonville because he would not take a pay cut, not for peformance reasoning. This is a guy who started the last 38 games for the Jags on a pretty good O-line and is known to be a strong run blocker. In 2006 he started all 16 games for the Ravens on an O-line that only allowed 16 sacks the entire season (NFL low.)

Last year he won the Jaguars team award for off the field, in the community performance and was also on Jack Del Rios leadership council. He started his first game in the middle of the 2005 season and has started every game since. At 28 years old it looks like he has a wealth of experience and looks to be exaclty what we need.

I've pretty much went through everybody who is anything and this is what I've came up with. I think he could easily solve the gigantic issue that we have on the right side at tackle.

Here is a few links that I pulled during my research if you guys are interested:

http://www.jaguars.com/Team/Player.aspx?id=2700

Wilson: Jaguars to cut ties with Pashos | National Football Post (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Jaguars-cut-ties-with-Pashos.html)

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Wow, that was fast. Seahawks just signed him. Sorry for wasting everybody's time. I wish WE would jump on a guy that fast once in a while!

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Wow, that was fast. Seahawks just signed him. Sorry for wasting everybody's time. I wish WE would jump on a guy that fast once in a while!
They let him get by? must not have wanted to pay his contract

DT14PRIEST
09-06-2009, 04:01 AM
where did you read this? because this Seattle Seahawks: Sign Tackle Tony Pashos | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/249184-seattle-seahawks-sign-tackle-tony-pashos) doesn't count

captainamerica
09-06-2009, 04:04 AM
Where did you find that at? I'm looking, but I can't find anywhere to confirm this. Link please?

where did you read this? because this Seattle Seahawks: Sign Tackle Tony Pashos | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/249184-seattle-seahawks-sign-tackle-tony-pashos) doesn't count
That article doesn't even say that the Seahawks signed Tony Pashos. It just says that they should sign him.

DT14PRIEST
09-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Where did you find that at? I'm looking, but I can't find anywhere to confirm this. Link please?

That article doesn't even say that the Seahawks signed Tony Pashos. It just says that they should sign him.

I know but if you just look at the headline without reading the article you can easily misinterpret the content.

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Wow. You guys are right! That article is crap. The freackin bleacher report headline is: Seahwaks Sign Pashos! I thought that was pretty cut and dry, but I should have clicked on it considering what these sites will do to get attention. Sweet, looks like we are still in the mix!

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 04:45 AM
whew, I'm pretty sure we would have first crack at him, at least before the Seahags.

pbatrucker
09-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Pashos is diffinatley the cream of the crop!!! He has to be at the top of our list!!

Seek
09-06-2009, 10:49 AM

He may have not been interested.

wolfpack
09-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I just hope Hunt has seen enough this preseason of the team to pay a guy like him the money he wants. Hunt was cheap this offseason on sighing better players.

Rodgers4MVP
09-06-2009, 12:52 PM
We need him!

yashi
09-06-2009, 01:00 PM
He's better than what we have, but I think he's far from a long term solution. Everything I'm reading has him as a slightly below average RT. I'd still like to have him of course though, for Cassel's sake.

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I normally hate the idea of overpaying a player, but we have the cap room and the need. Just overpay this guy and get him. If he stinks, then we have more than enough cap room to cover the loss.

wolfpack
09-06-2009, 05:02 PM
He's better than what we have, but I think he's far from a long term solution. Everything I'm reading has him as a "slightly below average" RT. I'd still like to have him of course though, for Cassel's sake.
Bad thing is,"slightly below average" is two steps above our 'Way below average" RT.

bigpoppachief
09-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Bad thing is,"slightly below average" is two steps above our 'Way below average" RT.

Lol so true

yashi
09-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Yep, and that's why I would love to sign him. Or else Cassel will be -> :wheelchair:

texaschief
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
O'Callahan is our guy. Hope he can step in and play immediately at RT

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I say we still pickup Pashos and actually have some depth on the right side.

yashi
09-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, ideally I'd like to pick up Pashos to compete with O'Callaghan for the RT job, and then have Ndukwe and Goff battle it out for RG.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Yep, and that's why I would love to sign him. Or else Cassel will be -> :wheelchair:
You lost me, or else Cassel will be Chiefster? :sign0153: :sign0153:

Chiefster
09-07-2009, 03:36 AM
You lost me, or else Cassel will be Chiefster? :sign0153: :sign0153:

No, that's N TX Dave.

Here's me: :11:

Canada
09-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Yep, and that's why I would love to sign him. Or else Cassel will be -> :character00264:

Just so theres no confusion!! :bananen_smilies046:

wolfpack
09-07-2009, 10:57 AM
wonder if Poili even has looked at him or thinks he`ll cost to much money.

pbatrucker
09-07-2009, 12:11 PM
wonder if Poili even has looked at him or thinks he`ll cost to much money.
At 41/2 mil he is overpaid otherwise someone would have claimed him by now. I would love to have him, but that probably isn't going to happen.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 12:14 PM
4 1/2 million to protect a 64 million dollar investment. To me sounds like a sound business decision. Lets call it insurance.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 01:45 PM
I have seen posts on a 49ers board and on Wikipedia that the 49ers have signed Tony Pashos. It is not however posted on the 49ers site or on NFL.com or any legit news site so we can wait and see. Obviously the Chiefs do not plan on entering the season with only 8 O-Line people. But thought I would add this just to update.

wolfpack
09-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I have seen posts on a 49ers board and on Wikipedia that the 49ers have signed Tony Pashos. It is not however posted on the 49ers site or on NFL.com or any legit news site so we can wait and see. Obviously the Chiefs do not plan on entering the season with only 8 O-Line people. But thought I would add this just to update.
I`ve read also that the 49`ners signed him to a 1 year deal.

yashi
09-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Man a 1 year deal for Pashos would have been excellent. Then we could have drafted a good RT with one of our first 3 picks next year.

Hopefully O'Callaghan or Ndukwe hold down the fort and keep Cassel alive this season.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I still have not seen a legitimate site state that this has happened. One site I saw that said it is the site that said that We are getting Boldin and not giving up anything in the process, not what I would consider a legitimate source.

yashi
09-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I still have not seen a legitimate site state that this has happened. One site I saw that said it is the site that said that We are getting Boldin and not giving up anything in the process, not what I would consider a legitimate source.

I'm pretty sure it's accurate, of course nothing is set in stone until he signs.

Pashos to 49ers | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/pashos-to-49ers/)

Big Daddy Tek
09-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Damn! I really wanted this guy! Well, Singletary wants a tough running football team and he went out and got himself a tough run blocker.

AkChief49
09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
heck, Pashos signed for less-2mil.

AkChief49
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Pashos takes step back to take step forward
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 1:23 PM ET
We've picked up some more information regarding the decision of former Jaguars offensive lineman Tony Pashos to refuse a pay cut in Jacksonville, opting instead to earn much less money with the 49ers.

Per a league source, Pashos didn't want to move to guard, even at a base salary of $3 million. So he opted for free agency, realizing that he likely wouldn't get $3 million on the open market. And he chose to sign with the 49ers for the chance to reunite with former Ravens offensive line coach Chris Foerster in San Francisco.

Even though Pashos will earn less than $2 million.

It was Foerster who helped make Pashos into the player who landed a big-money free-agency deal with the Jaguars. The goal, as we understand it, will be for Pashos to re-establish himself in San Fran under Foerster's tutelage, and then to make back the money he gave up this year once the 29-year-old lineman hits the market again.