PDA

View Full Version : Positive Roster Outlook

jap1
09-06-2009, 12:51 PM
So here are my positives after going through our roster.

On paper, we have a very young and pretty talented defense. I am pretty encouraged by our LB corps: Vrabel, DJ, Mays, Hali, with Beisel, Belcher and Williams in the bullpen/special teams.

Our DL looks better this preseason already, and they are young with the likely starters being TJ, Tank, Dorsey.

We have a young and very talented CB group.

Our safeties seem pretty solid, as long as Brown can stay healthy.

On offense, we all know we have some work to do.

We have some good TEs and RBs. And the L side of the line seems relatively solid.

We have obvious needs on the R side of the line and questions at QB and WR.

Hopefully either Ndukwe is going to be solid at RT or we will pick up someone from the waiver wire who will be serviceable for this year. If we do pick up someone, I see O'Connell (TE) and Walters (OLB) as the first to see the door.

matthewschiefs
09-06-2009, 01:46 PM
the D is the strongest part of this team no question. As long as brown can stay healty the loss of pollard wont hurt to much. the O line is the biggest problem by far. The chiefs defently need to add help there. WR is an question. We can only hope that someone steps up and takes some attention of bowe. thats the only hope the chiefs have of putting up alot of points.

Hayvern
09-06-2009, 03:44 PM
You mean the same Bowe that Failey had on the third string not two weeks ago?

Sick Dog
09-06-2009, 06:05 PM
the D is the strongest part of this team no question. As long as brown can stay healty the loss of pollard wont hurt to much. the O line is the biggest problem by far. The chiefs defently need to add help there. WR is an question. We can only hope that someone steps up and takes some attention of bowe. thats the only hope the chiefs have of putting up alot of points.

Imagine after how the "D" finished last year we are saying it is the strongest part of the team. I hope it is because of drastic improvement which I think is the case and it is not because our offense is horrible....which we don't know yet either.

All I know 1 week today and it all begins:bananen_smilies046:

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 06:33 PM
You mean the same Bowe that Failey had on the third string not two weeks ago?

Shut up Vern! Ok, nobody wants to hear it dude. After going through all of last year everyday on this site, hearing people cry about Herm and talk crap about the Chiefs, now your gonna start this crap all over again? Shut up. Seriously, go somewhere else. Im tired of the negativity. Go root for the donks or something.

Hayvern
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Shut up Vern! Ok, nobody wants to hear it dude. After going through all of last year everyday on this site, hearing people cry about Herm and talk crap about the Chiefs, now your gonna start this crap all over again? Shut up. Seriously, go somewhere else. Im tired of the negativity. Go root for the donks or something.

Hey, go take a flying leap, I am not going anywhere and I have every right to post whatever I am thinking on this site as you do. If you don't like it, then put me on ignore or something.

Herm was a loser, still is a loser and always will be a loser, I know you have some sort of man-crush on the guy, but he was a moron and we are better without him. So go cry over his loss somewhere else, no one here really cares about your love for Squirmin Herman, you are alone here just as I might be on my dislike for Haley.

At least I can hope I am wrong, the difference is that every Chiefs fan knows you are wrong.

Love ya!

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey, go take a flying leap, I am not going anywhere and I have every right to post whatever I am thinking on this site as you do. If you don't like it, then put me on ignore or something.

Herm was a loser, still is a loser and always will be a loser, I know you have some sort of man-crush on the guy, but he was a moron and we are better without him. So go cry over his loss somewhere else, no one here really cares about your love for Squirmin Herman, you are alone here just as I might be on my dislike for Haley.

At least I can hope I am wrong, the difference is that every Chiefs fan knows you are wrong.

Love ya!

Hahaha! Herm is history that Im not worried about. Im looking at the future now. Although I do like your memory considering I havent posted about Herm in atleast 7 months, I dont like that you take a big crap on every coach that comes through here.

Vanilla Garilla
09-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Hahaha! Herm is history that Im not worried about. Im looking at the future now. Although I do like your memory considering I havent posted about Herm in atleast 7 months, I dont like that you take a big crap on every coach that comes through here.

Ewww Vern, you take poos on coaches, your a freak!

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 08:23 PM

It doesn't help that this is supposed to be positive thread. If he wants a negative one, he should start his own.

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 12:46 AM

Not every one, just the last two head coaches. I thought Gailey was a smart guy and had a place. I am down with Pioli, though he is not really a coach.

Hey, you know what, make me positive. Run down a list of the good moves that Haley has done this season. Name me all the things he has done to make this team better! Turn me around!

Again, I hope I am wrong, and I will eat crow if I am. Maybe he will turn out to be great, I certainly hope so.

josh1971
09-07-2009, 12:57 AM
"this season" hasn't been played yet, dude. I'll get back to you on the good things Haley does when it's over, and I can review them.

If you're talking about pre-season, I can think of two good things right off the bat:

1. Our guys got in good physical shape, dropping a bunch of fat and getting stronger, so that they can play all four quarters of football, rather than two.

2. As soon as he took over play calling, we had a number of big plays, including runs of 40 and 70, and a pass play of 40 yards.

There's still work to go, but calling him "Failey" is hardly appropriate yet.

jb

jap1
09-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Not every one, just the last two head coaches. I thought Gailey was a smart guy and had a place. I am down with Pioli, though he is not really a coach.

Hey, you know what, make me positive. Run down a list of the good moves that Haley has done this season. Name me all the things he has done to make this team better! Turn me around!

Again, I hope I am wrong, and I will eat crow if I am. Maybe he will turn out to be great, I certainly hope so.

Good things Haley has done:

Off-season conditioning: a lot has been written about the conditioning program. This should help us close out games and also prevent a lot of injuries.

Switch to 3-4: Our defense has looked a lot better this year, and I think a lot has to do with the change to 3-4.

Motivating players: I think he knows how to get under players skin and make them realize that although they make millions, they have to work for their playing time. Especially Bowe. Yes, I think demoting "The Show" to third string made him realize he needs to get his game together, and his performance has improved.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 01:06 AM

For starters he gave this team some discipline, at the game I went to he coached up the starters every chance he got even if they werent in, he told them what whoever was in was doing good and wrong.

He has made moves that took guts (if he is behind the roster) and got rid of Sackintosh, Richardson, and others that werent buying into the system. I dont agree with all of his choices but we saw 4 preseason games, he saw every practice every day and all preseason games, he sees attitude, he sees effort, and I believe he sees laziness and potential. I do question some of the new regime's choices but I am a fan, I dont get paid the big bucks ... and that is for a reason. If I had the knowledge they had dont you think any one of us would take the position over what we do now.

Rodgers4MVP
09-07-2009, 01:14 AM

Getting rid of Gonzo.I know he was good but face it he's declining and not the best In the leauge.Just to let you know that horrible OL we had he was a part of,he blocks people too.

captainamerica
09-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Getting rid of Gonzo.I know he was good but face it he's declining and not the best In the leauge.Just to let you know that horrible OL we had he was a part of,he blocks people too.
Tony Gonzalez had over 1,000 yards receiving last season (more than any other TE last season), close to 100 receptions (more than any other TE last season), 10 receiving touchdowns (more than any other TE last season), and made it to his 11th straight Pro Bowl (more consecutive Pro Bowls than any other TE in the league). Tony wasn't declining that much if at all and was still an elite TE and arguably the best in the league (I sure think so.)

McLovin
09-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Tony Gonzalez had over 1,000 yards receiving last season (more than any other TE last season), close to 100 receptions (more than any other TE last season), 10 receiving touchdowns (more than any other TE last season), and made it to his 11th straight Pro Bowl (more consecutive Pro Bowls than any other TE in the league). Tony wasn't declining that much if at all and was still an elite TE and arguably the best EVER (I sure think so.)

FYP..

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 03:38 AM
"this season" hasn't been played yet, dude. I'll get back to you on the good things Haley does when it's over, and I can review them.

Fair enough, doesn't matter, we are not the Raiders so we will not likely move a coach mid-season.

If you're talking about pre-season, I can think of two good things right off the bat:

1. Our guys got in good physical shape, dropping a bunch of fat and getting stronger, so that they can play all four quarters of football, rather than two.

2. As soon as he took over play calling, we had a number of big plays, including runs of 40 and 70, and a pass play of 40 yards.

There's still work to go, but calling him "Failey" is hardly appropriate yet.

jb

OK, I will lay off a little. Let's play some games and see how it goes. I am not convinced but obviously I do not have a say in the matter.