PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Merriman Arrested

Vanilla Garilla
09-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Just seen this on twitter, via Adam Schefters tweets:

A spokeswoman for the for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said Merriman is accused of choking and restraining television reality show hostess and model Tila Nguyen. Nguyen also known as Tila Tequila and previously hosted a reality show.

Officers received a call early Sunday morning from a woman who said she had been choked and restrained when she tried to leave.
Nguyen, who also goes by Tila Tequila, signed a citizen's arrest complaint accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Merriman, 25, was arrested at the scene. Nguyen was taken to a local hospital.

Wow, what the hell was he thinking????

Chargers LB Merriman arrested - 9/06/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/sports&id=7001564)

Bosco
09-06-2009, 01:53 PM
just another meat head mad cause she didnt want to give it up.:lol:

KC Maniac
09-06-2009, 02:05 PM
I guess he just blew his "Shot at Love" ?

Vanilla Garilla
09-06-2009, 02:17 PM
I expect a lengthy suspension, hopefully during one of our games with him. Thanks Shawne, i guess now we know why they call you "lights out".

Rodgers4MVP
09-06-2009, 02:28 PM
3 game suspension min.

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 02:33 PM
RoId RaGe!!!!!!

honda522
09-06-2009, 05:32 PM
RoId RaGe!!!!!!
This, and makes it easier for our offense now.

DT14PRIEST
09-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I guess he just blew his "Shot at Love" ?

thats so bad its actually funny

KristofLaw
09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
He must really make his mother proud. I despise him and his crap team.

AkChief49
09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
that stupid freakin dance of his....cannot stand the guy. I love the clip where Jones-Drew puts Merrimans' lights out!

Pro_Angler
09-06-2009, 11:25 PM
this should be multi game suspensions!!!!!!!!!!!

hometeam
09-07-2009, 12:01 AM
my money is on 4 games at least

especially considering the media attention this will garner becuase its Tila Tequila

josh1971
09-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Wow, what the hell was he thinking????

Here- this is what he was thinking:

"I'm a millionaire NFL star- no one can touch me- I can do whatever I want with this piece of a$$, and she ain't got nothing to say about it either"

I hope he loses the entire season (and some freedom) for this- not because he's a bolt, but because he's an arsehole.

jb

doobs_05
09-07-2009, 02:57 AM
lost all respect for him. My sister was beat up by her ex boyfriend a year ago so when this happens it just pisses me off when a guy does stuff like that

Chiefster
09-07-2009, 02:59 AM
If the allegations turn out to be true then he's an idiot.

Canada
09-07-2009, 09:39 AM
What do you mean if it turns out to be true... i think they kind of i dunno know he did it due to the fact he was arrested on sight and whoever thinks that this is funny needs to grow up. This is another case of yet another pro athlete thinking he is above the law and having his shoved so far up his own ego driven *******.

Yeah, he should smoke pot and relax:D

Canada
09-07-2009, 09:40 AM
that stupid freakin dance of his....cannot stand the guy. I love the clip where Jones-Drew puts Merrimans' lights out!

I love this one!!

YouTube - tomlinson vs belichick

Canada
09-07-2009, 09:41 AM
and the best part of it!!

YouTube - Oh Oh Oh LTs Cryin

McLovin
09-07-2009, 11:32 AM
lost all respect for him. My sister was beat up by her ex boyfriend a year ago so when this happens it just pisses me off when a guy does stuff like that
Not because he is a bolt, but seriously has anyone ever had any respect for this roid raging idiot.

BTW to reinforce my point, I do have respect for Nate Kaeding and Darren Sproles. LOL Just no respect for Merriwoman, or Phillip Cry Me a Rivers.

dcabeza
09-07-2009, 07:41 PM
San Diego Chargers' Shawne Merriman says he didn't harm MTV's Tequila - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4452416)

AFC West blog

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/12/16.jpg ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest). • Blog network: NFL Nation (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation)

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg) star outside linebacker Shawne Merriman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8427) said he didn't harm a reality TV star who has accused him of choking and restraining her.

In a statement late Sunday, Merriman said he was worried for the safety of Tila Tequila because she appeared to be intoxicated and he didn't want her to drive.
Merriman also said paramedics who were called to his home in Poway, north of San Diego, reported no injuries to Tequila, best known for "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," which ran for two seasons on MTV.

Merriman's attorney, Todd Macaluso, disputed Tequila's story and said he's confident Merriman won't be charged by the District Attorney's Office.

"There was absolutely no wrongdoing on the part of Mr. Merriman," Macaluso told The Associated Press by phone. "He essentially was doing what was appropriate under the circumstances in trying to protect the safety of Miss Tequila. There were numerous eyewitnesses that will support his version of the events that transpired at his home."

Tequila was reported to be Merriman's girlfriend, but Merriman told ESPN's Colleen Dominguez in a text message that Tequila is only a female acquaintance.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman says Merriman was arrested early Sunday when the 27-year-old Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant charging him with battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.
Sheriff's Department spokesman Jan Caldwell said at a news conference Sunday that deputies determined Tequila had been drinking.

"She was able to talk," Caldwell said. "She was able to walk. She was mobile. She did not have any serious injuries that our deputies saw."

Asked if Merriman was trying to keep Tequila from driving drunk, Macaluso said: "We don't want to comment on her conduct. The bottom line is, he did everything in his power to ensure her safety. He hopes she comes forth and tells the truth."

Merriman practiced with the San Diego Chargers on Monday, then said he's convinced he'll be cleared.
"I think when it all surfaces, it will be a different situation. Period," Merriman said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Vandelay
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
He's even more stupid then I thought he was.
Hanging out with a ho like that, seriously, your an NFL star, you should be able to do much better than that.

Vanilla Garilla
09-07-2009, 10:27 PM
He's even more stupid then I thought he was.
Hanging out with a ho like that, seriously, your an NFL star, you should be able to do much better than that.

Agreed

Big Daddy Tek
09-08-2009, 02:50 AM
RULE #1 FOR ANY PRO ATHLETE: Dont EVER date anyone named Tequila!

doobs_05
09-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Not because he is a bolt, but seriously has anyone ever had any respect for this roid raging idiot.

BTW to reinforce my point, I do have respect for Nate Kaeding and Darren Sproles. LOL Just no respect for Merriwoman, or Phillip Cry Me a Rivers.

before the steriods i was pretty impressed with him, then the steriods hit, then i lost alot but not all respect this did it for me.

and i guess steriods may be the issue again according to Tila's tweets

chief31
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
What do you mean if it turns out to be true... i think they kind of i dunno know he did it due to the fact he was arrested on sight and whoever thinks that this is funny needs to grow up. This is another case of yet another pro athlete thinking he is above the law and having his shoved so far up his own ego driven *******.

I think he means IF it turns out to be true.

It isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility that a woman of loose morale character, with a certain amount of alcohol would srgue with her man, and then lie to police to get back at him for flirting with some other gal, or something like that.

When you talk to jesus, try to STFU and listen some. I know he has something to say about being judgemental.

I'm not trying to tell you not to voice your opinion. But to put yourself in Jesus' corner, while passing such harsh judgements seems very hypocritical and certainly doesn't sound like the kind of behaviour that Jesus Christ would promote.

And, before you go off on a tirade, you have already insulted several members of this board, so I ask that you try to follow the rules of the board and... don't.

Now, I'm not defending Merriman here. I believe that he is more than likely guilty of wrong-doing. But I certainly can't pass judgement, considering the circumstances.

Seek
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Before I jump to any conclussions, he may have a very valid arguement except for one other flaw. I have personally experience a drunk person who declred thy were going to drive drunk to the store to pick up more booze because she was out. I declined and took her keys. She then became very defensive and said she was walking then. I restrained her A. Because it was snowing and she was going barefoot. B. The store was already closed. Now given that this woman was a family member. In her drunken state she could have easily said I was choking her as I was simply holder her back from going out in the snow barefoot and as she was fighting against me applied the pressure to her own throat. I ended up letter her go out in the snow until she returned 10 minutes later freezing and covered in mud.

Tila says she is allergic to alcohol, but the deputy stated that she had drank. She also has a knick Name of Tequilla. I doubt she got that name for the lack of tequilla she drank.

It is possible Merriman was really trying to keep her fom doing something just as stupid. If she was killed in a car accident after he let her leave, he would be in just as much heat as he is now. Since she does not live with him. He should have called her a cab.

Something isn't right though. Someone is clearly lying, and until that come to light. I won't hold it against him. He may have been trying to do the right thing.

chief31
09-08-2009, 01:44 PM
You bet ive offended plenty of people who have done it right back my chief. So dont act all high and mighty like im the lone wolf. But on a real note i could care less what you think your a nobody to me. And Merriman is a moron and a bum. Not to mention his career is a fraud seeing as he was prob on roids most of it. Roids or not MJD blew him UP!!

That's borderline. And I'll ask one more time, that you refrain from insults.

And fyi judging me is against god oops darn your not perfect.

I don't answer to your god. But does he say to go ahead and ignore his guidlines, then just ask for forgivness and it's all good?

Like, he's cool with noone paying attention to him until right before death?

Chiefster
09-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I think he means IF it turns out to be true.

It isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility that a woman of loose morale character, with a certain amount of alcohol would srgue with her man, and then lie to police to get back at him for flirting with some other gal, or something like that.

When you talk to jesus, try to STFU and listen some. I know he has something to say about being judgemental.

I'm not trying to tell you not to voice your opinion. But to put yourself in Jesus' corner, while passing such harsh judgements seems very hypocritical and certainly doesn't sound like the kind of behaviour that Jesus Christ would promote.

And, before you go off on a tirade, you have already insulted several members of this board, so I ask that you try to follow the rules of the board and... don't.

Now, I'm not defending Merriman here. I believe that he is more than likely guilty of wrong-doing. But I certainly can't pass judgement, considering the circumstances.

...This and rep!

chief31
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Borderline is saying your noone to me but a user name? that your opinion means squat to me? And i answer to only one god the only god and im not perfect. And God knows i mess up plenty but unlike you im not afraid to speak my mind. I love god but he knows more then likely im liable to tell someone where to go and what i think of them even though its not right in his eyes. Born Sinners die saved. Dont question my faith or who i am. You dont know me and your a NOBODY.

My opinion does mean something to you, as much as you want everyone to believe that you don't care, your response is proof that peoples' opinions here do mean something to you.

And I asked twice...

chief31
09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
And If someone calling you a nobody is a insult How is calling me ignorant not? oh wait you get to say what you want thats right.... nice judgement call !

I linked and quoted the definition of the word for you. And was even so kind as to explain the way that you are ignorant, IF...

Again, I asked you twice to follow the rules. You refused. What would you think might happen?

But, to get back on topic...

I think it is entirely possible that Merriman is guilty as charged, but I don't take the word of, a reportedly intoxicated, Tila Tequila as fact.

Having been suspected of being lovers, either story seems to fit, to an extent.

Chiefster
09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I linked and quoted the definition of the word for you. And was even so kind as to explain the way that you are ignorant, IF...

Again, I asked you twice to follow the rules. You refused. What would you think might happen?

But, to get back on topic...

I think it is entirely possible that Merriman is guilty as charged, but I don't take the word of, a reportedly intoxicated, Tila Tequila as fact.

Having been suspected of being lovers, either story seems to fit, to an extent.

Absolutely!

Vandelay
09-08-2009, 10:51 PM
If nothing else, Merriman is guilty of stupidity for being in that situation.

But he has already proved he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

doobs_05
09-09-2009, 02:53 AM
ok tila said she wasn't drunk but i guess a night club owner saw her drinking.....now if tila was not famous(she was in the first place????) i think Shawn would not be quilty and it just be some girl looking for money but since shes a somebody (in some peoples eyes) then you have to think something is up.

And I heard that she noticed something in Shawn's house and later on her tweets was talking about steriods.....so Shawn probably had steriods again

Big Daddy Tek
09-09-2009, 03:16 AM
Before I jump to any conclussions, he may have a very valid arguement except for one other flaw. I have personally experience a drunk person who declred thy were going to drive drunk to the store to pick up more booze because she was out. I declined and took her keys. She then became very defensive and said she was walking then. I restrained her A. Because it was snowing and she was going barefoot. B. The store was already closed. Now given that this woman was a family member. In her drunken state she could have easily said I was choking her as I was simply holder her back from going out in the snow barefoot and as she was fighting against me applied the pressure to her own throat. I ended up letter her go out in the snow until she returned 10 minutes later freezing and covered in mud.

Tila says she is allergic to alcohol, but the deputy stated that she had drank. She also has a knick Name of Tequilla. I doubt she got that name for the lack of tequilla she drank.

It is possible Merriman was really trying to keep her fom doing something just as stupid. If she was killed in a car accident after he let her leave, he would be in just as much heat as he is now. Since she does not live with him. He should have called her a cab.

Something isn't right though. Someone is clearly lying, and until that come to light. I won't hold it against him. He may have been trying to do the right thing.

Hu Hu Hu Huuuuuuuge!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 05:46 AM

A good point.

m0ef0e
09-09-2009, 06:11 PM
He must really make his mother proud. I despise him and his crap team.

yep, dude's a total d-bag waste of skin. i don't actually despise many players (even the ones that beat us a lot, peyton manning....)

but i wouldnt piss in merriman's mouth to quench his thirst while he was burning in hell.

Hayvern
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
And If someone calling you a nobody is a insult How is calling me ignorant not? oh wait you get to say what you want thats right.... nice judgement call !

Technically, ignorant is not an insult, though often times it is attempted to be used as one. If you are not aware of a particular situation you are ignorant of that situation. You might think you know something in which case being called ignorant could be considered an insult to you.

Of course, what the heck do I know, I am ignorant!!!

:yahoo:

rbedgood
09-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Just to add a little insight I was talking to my cousin regarding this issue (he's a cop in California). Typically with a felony in California the officer would simply arrest the perpetrator. The fact that she was required to place Merriman under citizen's arrest at the very least puts her story into doubt.

My cousin hates the Chargers about as much as you guys do...being that he's from Northern California. None of us were there, but his insight left me to believe that Merriman made a poor choice in company, but not necessarily a poor choice in actions.

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 02:53 AM
Report: Jealousy led to incident at Merriman's house | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/09/report-jealousy-led-to-incident-at-merrimans-house/)

Finally, facts are emerging regarding the incident that resulted in allegations that Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman battered and falsely imprisoned Tila Tequila Nguyen.

And we kind of wish they hadn't.

According to Juliette Vara of 10News.com in San Diego, Nguyen wasn't happy (http://www.10news.com/news/20821814/detail.html) that Merriman was paying too much attention to other women at his home.

Per the report, Merriman went to his bedroom with two women. Nguyen then entered the room, and Merriman asked her to join them. She reacted angrily, threatening to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

Instead, she took off all her clothes and tried to leave the house. Merriman then prevented her from leaving.

Citing unnamed sources, Vara also reports that Nguyen "faked" a neck injury, and that paramedics who arrived at the scene determined that she was fine.

It appears that this report is based on information from one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question. And given that one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question likely were drinking alcohol too, we're not sure how reliable anyone's recollection as to the events really is.

And that actually helps Merriman. Our guess is that the facts of this case will be littered with inconsistencies and discrepancies, making it a prime situation for a finding of reasonable doubt.

looks like a case of bad jealousy and threesomes hahahaha.

chief31
09-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Report: Jealousy led to incident at Merriman's house | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/09/report-jealousy-led-to-incident-at-merrimans-house/)

Finally, facts are emerging regarding the incident that resulted in allegations that Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman battered and falsely imprisoned Tila Tequila Nguyen.

And we kind of wish they hadn't.

According to Juliette Vara of 10News.com in San Diego, Nguyen wasn't happy (http://www.10news.com/news/20821814/detail.html) that Merriman was paying too much attention to other women at his home.

Per the report, Merriman went to his bedroom with two women. Nguyen then entered the room, and Merriman asked her to join them. She reacted angrily, threatening to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

Instead, she took off all her clothes and tried to leave the house. Merriman then prevented her from leaving.

Citing unnamed sources, Vara also reports that Nguyen "faked" a neck injury, and that paramedics who arrived at the scene determined that she was fine.

It appears that this report is based on information from one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question. And given that one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question likely were drinking alcohol too, we're not sure how reliable anyone's recollection as to the events really is.

And that actually helps Merriman. Our guess is that the facts of this case will be littered with inconsistencies and discrepancies, making it a prime situation for a finding of reasonable doubt.

looks like a case of bad jealousy and threesomes hahahaha.

Hey. That sounds familiar....

It isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility that a woman of loose morale character, with a certain amount of alcohol would argue with her man, and then lie to police to get back at him for flirting with some other gal, or something like that.

Two points for Chief31!:yahoo: :lol:

(I do realize that this isn't the end-all/be-all of reliable facts. Just found it interesting that this story lines-up so well with my theory.)

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey. That sounds familiar....

Two points for Chief31!:yahoo: :lol:

(I do realize that this isn't the end-all/be-all of reliable facts. Just found it interesting that this story lines-up so well with my theory.)

lol if only you said "flirting with 2 girls at the same time" then it be epic but still....REP

chief31
09-10-2009, 03:32 AM
lol if only you said "flirting with 2 girls at the same time" then it be epic but still....REP

Thanks. :D

The thought crossed my mind, considering that it was a party at an NFL player's home.

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Thanks. :D

The thought crossed my mind, considering that it was a party at an NFL player's home.

If only my parties would end like that lol....well without crazy girl calling cops on me just the part about 2 girls in my bed then the third one walking in and instead of getting naked and trying to leave ....getting naked and joining in hahahaha

chief31
09-10-2009, 04:21 AM
If only my parties would end like that lol....well without crazy girl calling cops on me just the part about 2 girls in my bed then the third one walking in and instead of getting naked and trying to leave ....getting naked and joining in hahahaha

That's what a party is supposed to be like. :lol:

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 05:14 AM
That's what a party is supposed to be like. :lol:
Too bad every party i went to it hasn't happen.....to me :( i'm such a loser

chief31
09-10-2009, 05:19 AM
Too bad every party i went to it hasn't happen.....to me :( i'm such a loser
Ah! Much more to life than cheap, promiscuous sex with sexy women.

But that is still nice too. :lol:

Chiefster
09-10-2009, 06:19 AM
You mean people get naked at parties now? :11:

Canada
09-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I woke up in my front yard this morning.

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I woke up in my front yard this morning.

what!?!?! lol ...i've done that before....but were there any naked chicks around??

wichitaj
09-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't believe her, but then again i dont' have all the facts. This won't cause him any problems, other than the public embarrassment, oh well.

why do guys want to date trainwrecks anyways?

McLovin
09-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I was thinking it was kinda suspicious that Goodell hasn't made a public statement about it, or maybe he has and I didn't see it. Although I haven't heard about anything happening to Tom Cable either. It is like Goodell wants to make examples of some but not others.

chief31
09-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't believe her, but then again i dont' have all the facts. This won't cause him any problems, other than the public embarrassment, oh well.

why do guys want to date trainwrecks anyways?

Gonna be tough to answer that without violated any Chiefscrowd rules. :D

But I'll try it...

Because train-wrecks are willing to s..... (Nope can't go there.)

You can two, or more, of them to .....(No good.)

Because they really know how to work a .... (Hmmmm)

Because they will do things that nice girls won't. That's about all I can say here. :D

McLovin
09-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Gonna be tough to answer that without violated any Chiefscrowd rules. :D

But I'll try it...

Because train-wrecks are willing to s..... (Nope can't go there.)

You can two, or more, of them to .....(No good.)

Because they really know how to work a .... (Hmmmm)

Because they will do things that nice girls won't. That's about all I can say here. :D

Some of the nicest girls would suprise the heck out of ya, I'm just sayin.

KristofLaw
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Shawn Merriman still does and always will make me nauseous. I despise him and his crappy team!

yashi
09-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Is it bad to say I'd still take him after he doesn't resign next year? Despite the fact that I've hated him more than any other NFL player since he effectively ended Priest Holmes career in 2005.

SAPHOJUNKIE
09-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Despite my absolute hatred of Merriman, the word on the street is that the chick was hammered and trying to drive home, and he physically restrained her from doing so. She is a major drama FREAK, lost her shiznit, and called the cops on him.

So much for friends don't let friends drive drunk.