PDA

View Full Version : New England?????????????????

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
So are we going to keep getting NE hand me downs, and if so how long are we going to do it. I just dont see how we are getting better by picking up their scraps.

Argo
09-06-2009, 09:20 PM
So far their scraps are better than our starters .. Mays may be a nice surprise and solid starter this season. I say send me more scraps!

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Im surprised we didnt end up with seymour

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Im surprised we didnt end up with seymour

We drafted Jackson and Magee and coverted Dorsey. Seymour would have been overkill. We'd be more likely to trade for Wilfork.

And quit complaining about getting Pats players. We're getting players who play in our new schemes, which are the Pats schemes. It only makes sense that we'd get Pats players to run them.

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I know why we got Jackson and Magee, I was just making a point about seymour. Complaining im not, just pointing out the fact we are pulling from the same team. Maybe you dont remember the Chiefs-9ers pipeline we had and the "great" QBs we got out of that.

yashi
09-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I know why we got Jackson and Magee, I was just making a point about seymour. Complaining im not, just pointing out the fact we are pulling from the same team. Maybe you dont remember the Chiefs-9ers pipeline we had and the "great" QBs we got out of that.

You mean like Montana, who lead us to the playoffs twice in two seasons, including a trip to the AFC championship, the furthest we've been since 1969?

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Yea but what came after him????

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Yea but what came after him????

Who did we get from the 49ers after him?

If the Pats players we're getting now are all Montana-with-the-Chiefs level, we're doing pretty good.

Pro_Angler
09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
we need some o-line help now spnd the money or make a trade something

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 10:30 PM
We got Steve Bono, and Elvis Gerbac, and the worst part about that is we kept Gerbac and let Gannon go to the raiders. One went to the super bowl and the other was a bust.

Bike
09-06-2009, 10:37 PM
We got Steve Bono, and Elvis Gerbac, and the worst part about that is we kept Gerbac and let Gannon go to the raiders. One went to the super bowl and the other was a bust.
I don't understand.

jmlamerson
09-06-2009, 10:38 PM

Yeah, we all know the Gannon/Grbac saga. You have to stop living in the past. We're picking up good players at little risk.

Shouldn't we be keeping a tally of all the bandwagon jumpers? Just to rub it in their fat faces when we're contending in 2010? So far, I have Hayvern and texaschief.

honda522
09-06-2009, 10:49 PM
So we don't want to get an OL? I don't mind picking up scrapes and turning them into stars. Corey Mays is one of them.

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah, we all know the Gannon/Grbac saga. You have to stop living in the past. We're picking up good players at little risk.

Shouldn't we be keeping a tally of all the bandwagon jumpers? Just to rub it in their fat faces when we're contending in 2010? So far, I have Hayvern and texaschief.

What are you talking about? No one is jumping on or off the bandwagon. I will be watching every game this season and cheering on every play. I will also be throwing the rubber brick at the TV everytime I get upset and there will likely be a few of those.

I will be in KC in December and will purchase a shirt and merchandise like I always do. There is no bandwagon jumping here just because I am not happy or confident in our head coach.

I will also likely be unhappy with 50% of our offensive line, I have heard many people say that our offensive line sucks and needs to be replaced, how is that any different than me not being happy with the coach?

OK, so all you bandwagon jumpers who think our offensive line is bad, well, we will all wait until they are good and then rub your faces in it!!!!

:sign0104:

captainamerica
09-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Speaking of picking up another teams scrapes that's pretty much what the Pats team was made up of when they first compiled their dynasty. It was made up of a bunch of other team scraps. Guys like Vrable and Corey Dillon, and Larry Izzo.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Does no one see Ndukwe, Allerman, Mike Goff, and now Ryan O’Callaghan.
I would like to hope that maybe we are in the Pashos negotiations, or also available are Levi Jones and Mark Tauscher.

The O-Line was a major issue last year, and during pre-season but this HC/GM team HAS made a lot of roster moves on the O-Line trying to find something that works. Gets annoying everyone acting like it is being ignored. If you want to see O-Line ignored look at the Hermie years.

KottkeKU
09-07-2009, 01:33 AM
I dunno about that, Vrabel was realy the only "scrap" that was good, and he was a 3rd round draft pick with them if im not mistaken...Corey Dillon and Izzo didnt have much of an impact in any of their superbowl wins....

But give these "scraps" a chance, we sent off Ryan Lilja a few years ago, and the Colts picked him up and turned him into a pretty solid lineman...so it CAN happen..if we get one good lineman out of Ndukwe, Alliman, or the new guy O'Callaghan (?) then we should be in OK shape....Albert, Waters, ?, Goff, and one of the above if they are good is not too terrible of a line...

jmlamerson
09-07-2009, 01:45 AM
I dunno about that, Vrabel was realy the only "scrap" that was good, and he was a 3rd round draft pick with them if im not mistaken...Corey Dillon and Izzo didnt have much of an impact in any of their superbowl wins....

But give these "scraps" a chance, we sent off Ryan Lilja a few years ago, and the Colts picked him up and turned him into a pretty solid lineman...so it CAN happen..if we get one good lineman out of Ndukwe, Alliman, or the new guy O'Callaghan (?) then we should be in OK shape....Albert, Waters, ?, Goff, and one of the above if they are good is not too terrible of a line...

You're kidding, right? Half the Pats first SB team were off the scrap heap cheap FAs. And Corey Dillon's running game, including his 1600 yard season, was pretty instrumental to the Pats championships in 2003 and 2004.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 01:50 AM
If you dont have the talent you have to take the scraps until you can draft the talent.

AkChief49
09-07-2009, 01:52 AM

Vrabel was drafted by the Steelers in 97

DT14PRIEST
09-07-2009, 04:46 AM
pretty sure Pioli scouted most of the roster on the Pats team then he has any other so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he's looking back at what he had before looking at something he doesn't have a definitive answer on.

i expect us to be heavily involved with the Pats in some way shape or form for at least another two seasons if not more.

honda522
09-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I would like to hope that maybe we are in the Pashos negotiations, or also available are Levi Jones and Mark Tauscher.

The O-Line was a major issue last year, and during pre-season but this HC/GM team HAS made a lot of roster moves on the O-Line trying to find something that works. Gets annoying everyone acting like it is being ignored. If you want to see O-Line ignored look at the Hermie years.
Right on man :bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM

That's right- maybe we didn't draft a 1st round stud tackle, but to say we haven't addressed the O-line is a falsehood. Here's some of the guys we've picked up (We've only cut one of these listed):

Mike Goff (G)- 12th Season (Started 16 Games last season)
Colin Brown (T) DRAFTED
Andy Alleman (G) 3rd Season (Started 4 games in 2008)
Ikechuku Ndukwe(T) 3rd Season (Started 15 games in 2008)
Eric Ghiaciuc (C) 5th Season (Started all 16 games in 2008)- CUT
Ryan O'Callaghan (T)- 4th Season (Did not play last season, but has started 7 of the 26 games he's played in)

I understand that Colin is on IR now, but this is just pointing out that we have, in fact, tried to do something about the O-line. Add the above guys (minus Ghiaciuc) to Niswanger, Waters, Albert... We can probably get something workable until next year's draft.

And that's if we don't end up signing that Pashos guy, which would be really cool. Not saying we will- but it would be really cool.

jb

McLovin
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
That's right- maybe we didn't draft a 1st round stud tackle, but to say we haven't addressed the O-line is a falsehood. Here's some of the guys we've picked up (We've only cut one of these listed):

Mike Goff (G)- 12th Season (Started 16 Games last season)
Colin Brown (T) DRAFTED
Andy Alleman (G) 3rd Season (Started 4 games in 2008)
Ikechuku Ndukwe(T) 3rd Season (Started 15 games in 2008)
Eric Ghiaciuc (C) 5th Season (Started all 16 games in 2008)- CUT
Ryan O'Callaghan (T)- 4th Season (Did not play last season, but has started 7 of the 26 games he's played in)

I understand that Colin is on IR now, but this is just pointing out that we have, in fact, tried to do something about the O-line. Add the above guys (minus Ghiaciuc) to Niswanger, Waters, Albert... We can probably get something workable until next year's draft.

And that's if we don't end up signing that Pashos guy, which would be really cool. Not saying we will- but it would be really cool.

jb

Unfortunately it is now official from NFL.com transactions Pashos went to the 9ers, one year contract.

josh1971
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah- JUST read that. Too bad, but perhaps Ndukwe will turn out to be a good starter.

yashi
09-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah- JUST read that. Too bad, but perhaps Ndukwe will turn out to be a good starter.

Ndukwe got beat pretty bad a few times Thursday. I wouldn't be surprised if O'Callaghan is starting at RT sometime soon.

josh1971
09-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Ndukwe has also just started getting into this system of Haley's. Let's see how things progress, but I would agree with you that if he comes in and picks things up pretty quick, the Irish kid will be starting at RT. :D

So it looks like this:

LT Branden Albert
LG Brian Waters
C Rudy Niswanger
RG Mike Goff
RT Ryan O'Callaghan (or Ndukwe)

And we still have Andy Alleman in reserve (He seems to have played fairly well from what I saw).

jb