PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent

stoneygirl
09-07-2009, 01:38 PM
I know I'm new to the board, but I'm going through a hard time and I need to get some **** out. My boyfriend of 4 1/2 yes left me back in July and left me with an apt I can't pay for. Until 2 wkd ago I was a stay at home mom with no job. I finally have a job, but now I'm too far behind in rent and I have to be out by 8 am tomorrow. I have nowhere to go, and no money for even a motel room. I'm feeling really ****ing lost and stressed and just don't know what to do anymore.

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I am really sorry for your plight, I worry everyday that something will happen to me and my wife of 22 years will be left with nothing to fall back on as she has no job and is a stay at home mom with three kids.

I assume since you are saying that you have nowhere to go, that parents and relatives are out of the queston.

Typically, the next stop would be your church or synagogue, these places are typically suited to helping someone in your position.

I truly hope something comes together for you.

Vanilla Garilla
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I know I'm new to the board, but I'm going through a hard time and I need to get some **** out. My boyfriend of 4 1/2 yes left me back in July and left me with an apt I can't pay for. Until 2 wkd ago I was a stay at home mom with no job. I finally have a job, but now I'm too far behind in rent and I have to be out by 8 am tomorrow. I have nowhere to go, and no money for even a motel room. I'm feeling really ****ing lost and stressed and just don't know what to do anymore.

I am terribly sorry to hear that Stoney. You should qualify for emergency housing assistant if you have full custody of your kid. Other than that, i would just suggest the same thing as Vern did, and I wish you the best of luck. Pray, Pray, and Pray some more.

stoneygirl
09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
I've been everywhere, and can't get help anywhere. To keep my job I have to stay within walking distance of my job. My parents have both passed away and all my other family lives in MI. I share custody of my son with my ex, and of course he ain't gonna do a thing to help me out. I get one last note in my apt, then I'm sleeping outside wherever I can. I'm really trying to hold it together for my sons sake, but its getting harder and harder.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I've been everywhere, and can't get help anywhere. To keep my job I have to stay within walking distance of my job. My parents have both passed away and all my other family lives in MI. I share custody of my son with my ex, and of course he ain't gonna do a thing to help me out. I get one last note in my apt, then I'm sleeping outside wherever I can. I'm really trying to hold it together for my sons sake, but its getting harder and harder.

Is this just the 3 day eviction notice from the landlord, if so its unfortunate but until you can find something else you aren't out quite yet. After the 3 days then there is a a trial scheduled, after the trial there is 5 days to file an appeal. I believe after that you have 10 days to get out. It is not an ideal situation but trial will take a while to be scheduled and it would give you a roof over your head while you make other plans.

Another thing you may want to try is calling the landlord and explain the situation, see if you can work something out with them. Explain you just started working and you would like to stay and would work on paying the back bills as soon as you start having money come in. You maybe able to get assistance in the future that would assist in paying them back. For the most part the landlord only wants the money, and often would rather work with you at the thought of getting the money later as they know once you leave they will never see a penny.

Hope this helps some wishing you the best of luck, wish I could help more.

honda522
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Ask your family if you can borrow some money to get you back up on your feet.

Chiefster
09-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Very sorry to hear stoneygirl; I wish I had some advice for you, but the advice stated above is all I know as well.

God Bless!

tornadospotter
09-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Contact Salvation Army, for emergence housing funds.

doobs_05
09-08-2009, 03:21 AM

I'm really sorry to hear all that. You need to keep your head up and keep thinking positive (which is hard in a time like that), and praying may help you through the hard times....i hope everything works out for you!!

tammietailgator
09-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Ditto on all of the posts... plus contact your SSI or SRS- they will help- It is on the frontage road between 87th street and 95th. Do not feel ashamed to ask for help, you are who it is for. They can even help you get vocational training so that you will not be put in this situation again. Take care and let me know if you are in dire need and will be on the street... I will help you find a roof - I am in the area.

stoneygirl
09-09-2009, 05:34 AM
ive been to srs and the salvation army, neither place can help. ive literally exausted all avenues of help. id go to my family, but my parents are both dead and the rest are in MI and dont have the money to help me either. at the moment im at a friends house but i have to leave tomorrow to go to work and i cant make it back and forth from here. wish i had a car, but i dont. thanks to all for all your suggestions, just wish i hadnt went through all those places already. looks like im sleepimg outside tomorrow (wednesday) nite.

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 05:42 AM
I know it has already been mentioned but have you tried any of the local churches or synagogues for assistance?

stoneygirl
09-09-2009, 05:45 AM
been there done that, they either dont help in my area, dont help with rent, or just have no money to help.

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Just doing some googling trying to find you something here so bare with me.

http://www.govbenefits.gov/govbenefits_en.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=gbcc_page_category&_nfls=false

Government Benefits, Grants, and Financial Aid for Citizens: USA.gov (http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Benefits.shtml)

Government Aid and Money - No Grants Needed (http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa061100e.htm)

I hope there are some resources here.

honda522
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
If an illegal immigrant can get help, surly you can find a way.

Wait a min, they took it all. :|

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Oh, let's please not politicize this one. :rolleyes:

McLovin
09-09-2009, 02:56 PM
This is about a person with a very real problem. If you dont feel sorry for her what about the 2 year old little boy she has, do you think he did something where he deserves to be on the streets. It is really sad that something like this can happen in america.
When someone refuses to work and a single person ends up homeless due to it then thats life but when a single mother with a job ends up being homeless in the US this is really a tragedy. I for one wish stoneygirl all the best and hope this never happens or is a very very short term situation.

stoneygirl
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I'll be leaving my friends house in a couple hours so I can go to work, so tonite when I get off I have nowhere to go. My son is with his father. My ex said I can't have my son if I don't have a place to live. I hate the position I'm in, but I've tried to get help anywhere and everywhere with no luck. All I can hope for is a safe dry place to sleep tonite and untilL I can find a place to live.

tammietailgator
09-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Maybe your baby has to be with its dad for now if it has a safe place to be, but the shelters are not full and they will help you get on your feet. Do it for your kids so they can see what is possible.

Sn@keIze
09-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Sorry for your pains.

You need to learn to utilize the government in situations like these. They are there.

(How do you have internet access?) You need to go to a forum more fitting for advice and/or assistance. There are forums and websites more beneficial than this. (For example the ones Chiefster posted).

chief31
09-10-2009, 04:07 AM
The most effective of the suggested solutions would probably have been those from Mclovin.

Government programs and charities do not act quickly. And churches are rarely equipped to help with such major issues as housing.

And it seems like most people would rather assume that you must be some kind of addict, and declare you a terrible mother, than sacrifice anything at all to help a stranger. That, and so many others are too fearful of strangers to offer the kind of help that is really needed in this kind of situation.

I realize that I am a day late here. But I do have one other suggestion, that I have seen work in my area.

Around here, it is called "Womanstrength". And I have seen people under identical circumstances offer legitimate help.

I say legitimate help, because I have also seen Govt. help programs do nothing more than take children from parents who find themselves in bad situations, and even throw them in jail and bring up charges.

I hope you have found a way to keep things from falling further away, and that something here will help you.

If you were in my area, I would be able to help more. Good luck.

stoneygirl
09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
well I found a place to stay, but I had to give up my new job. I'm just hoping I can find a new one very soon. As far as my son goes, he needs to be with me since until just recenly I was the primary caregiver. He father really didn't do anything except go to work and sleep. I've been raising him basically on my own since birth.

The only reason I posted all this here in the first place was I needed to get everything I'd been bottling up inside out, and to see if anyone had any ideas that my friends and I hadn't come up with.

chief31
09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
well I found a place to stay, but I had to give up my new job. I'm just hoping I can find a new one very soon. As far as my son goes, he needs to be with me since until just recenly I was the primary caregiver. He father really didn't do anything except go to work and sleep. I've been raising him basically on my own since birth.

The only reason I posted all this here in the first place was I needed to get everything I'd been bottling up inside out, and to see if anyone had any ideas that my friends and I hadn't come up with.

I don't know what all is in your area. But I would hit the same places, day after day, until one of them gets so sick of you that they give you a job, just to get you to stop pestering them. :D

stoneygirl
09-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I might be getting the last postion I held before I had my son. So I'm hopeful since I left there on good terms and they seem to be happy to see me. So we'll see what happens.

chief31
09-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I might be getting the last postion I held before I had my son. So I'm hopeful since I left there on good terms and they seem to be happy to see me. So we'll see what happens.

Best of luck.:D

Vanilla Garilla
09-10-2009, 11:18 PM

Good Luck Stoney. I'm glad to see you got things figured out!

tammietailgator
09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Best of luck and I have to agree with Chiefs31.... great advice. Keep up with your determination!

stoneygirl
09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm doing what I need to so I can put my life back in order. After getting back to work my next focus is getting the apt I just lost paid off so I can get a place of my own, and then find a good car.