PDA

View Full Version : What do you do during a Chiefs game...

Connie Jo
09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
So I was wondering about game tempers. Say you're watching a Chiefs game, and something negative happens...such as a bad call, a missed tackle that leads to a TD for the opposing team, and so on...how do you react?

What was your worst game temper reaction ever as a Chiefs fan?

I'll tell ya mine AFTER I read others, hahaha.

McLovin
09-07-2009, 10:05 PM
During the STL game I yelled

What the he!! are you doing Croyle at least 20 times.

Even at home I yell at the tv I yell at the team, I yell at the refs. But my all time favorite is to yell...

TOUCHDOWN KANNNSAAASSS CITY

ala Mitch Holtaus

honda522
09-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Yell at anything and everything

Vanilla Garilla
09-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I yell at the refs, at our O line, at dropped passes, and at Croyle and Thiggys decisions. So basically im just like an at home Haley.

Chiefster
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I, usually, split time between my TV and computer; posting here.

Stumplifter
09-07-2009, 10:30 PM
But my all time favorite is to yell...

TOUCHDOWN KANNNSAAASSS CITY

Sorry, over the last couple of years I have forgotten what that sounds like... hopefully I'll be reminded come Sunday.
8-)

DT14PRIEST
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm pretty loud, irrational, and borderline violent (pending on what happens during the game). I think I lost my voice yelling at Tynes once when he missed that game winning FG against Dallas a couple of years back.

No one can really interrupt my Chiefs time...its a health risk to be near me if you aren't watching the game and cheering for the Chiefs and agreeing with me...

Almost as bad as when I'm actually at Arrowhead...

Hell like VG said I'm like an at Home Haley...

CUT THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM!!! FOR F***sake!

honda522
09-07-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty loud, irrational, and borderline violent (pending on what happens during the game). I think I lost my voice yelling at Tynes once when he missed that game winning FG against Dallas a couple of years back.

No one can really interrupt my Chiefs time...its a health risk to be near me if you aren't watching the game and cheering for the Chiefs and agreeing with me...

Almost as bad as when I'm actually at Arrowhead...

Hell like VG said I'm like an at Home Haley...

CUT THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM!!! FOR F***sake!

That desribes me in so many ways. :lol::lol::lol::lol::funnypost:

Connie Jo
09-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I do my fair share of yelling too, and will admit some foul language if no little ones are around...so far I've only slipped once, haha.

If something goes wrong that's critical to winning the game...I'll go outside & kick rocks, sometimes throw rocks in the field, haha.

My worst reaction was the playoff game in 97 against the Donkeys! Oh my, I had never been so upset over a loss, nor been that upset since. It took me several days before I could talk about the loss, at least calmly, haha. I still get an upset feeling when I think about that game, lol.

I was upset over much that went wrong in that game, but what stood out in my thought the most, that made me angry rather than upset...was the Donkey players who were caught with Pam Spray on their jerseys, the refs told them to change during half time. They were fined by the NFL later, but it wasn't much. That was the same year the Donk's were fined for doing something illegal in the draft too.

My dislike of the Donks intensified that year & surpassed my dislike of the Faiders forever, haha.

I remember reading in the Star I think it was, that Marcus Allen was very upset about the playoff loss too. His saying on the way home after the game, he stopped on bridge, stared out over the water & lost it, crying. He really believed we were Super Bowl bound that yr...which was his last of course. :(

Connie Jo
09-07-2009, 10:53 PM
I, usually, split time between my TV and computer; posting here.

You seem to be very mild mannered, which is a good thing no doubt, haha. I wish I could always be mild mannered when the Chiefs lose, haha. Some games upset me more than others of course.

Still...win or lose, they're my Chiefs and always will be! As upset as I've been at times...not once have I ever jumped ship, or even threatened to, haha. I have a friend in Germany who's a Chiefs fan, & he gets to the point he threatens to switch teams, but of course never follows through, haha.

Chiefster
09-07-2009, 11:08 PM
You seem to be very mild mannered, which is a good thing no doubt, haha. I wish I could always be mild mannered when the Chiefs lose, haha. Some games upset me more than others of course.

Still...win or lose, they're my Chiefs and always will be! As upset as I've been at times...not once have I ever jumped ship, or even threatened to, haha. I have a friend in Germany who's a Chiefs fan, & he gets to the point he threatens to switch teams, but of course never follows through, haha.

Thanks kiddo! I may seem mild mannered here, but when I'm really upset about the things that go wrong I try to cool down before posting here to much. :lol:

You are the consummate "true" Chiefs fan and I commend you. I spoke of jumping ship one time and not a day goes by that I don't regret the things I said. I learned then and there that the waters are pretty rough; it's best to stay on board.

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I bought one of those foam rubber bricks this year, I used to have a real brick but that became costly.

I am not sure what I am going to do this year. Last few seasons I spent a lot of time screaming at Squimin Herman, usually loud enough that he probably could hear me from California.

This year, it will likely be Haley on the block, but we will see, I am sure there will be someone I will direct my attentions to. I usually have one guy that I cheer for and one guy that I jeer for. This year, both of those guys are no longer on the team so I will have to wait and see. Hopefully this year there will be more cheering than jeering, that would be good!

McLovin
09-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I bought one of those foam rubber bricks this year, I used to have a real brick but that became costly.

I am not sure what I am going to do this year. Last few seasons I spent a lot of time screaming at Squimin Herman, usually loud enough that he probably could hear me from California.

This year, it will likely be Haley on the block, but we will see, I am sure there will be someone I will direct my attentions to. I usually have one guy that I cheer for and one guy that I jeer for. This year, both of those guys are no longer on the team so I will have to wait and see. Hopefully this year there will be more cheering than jeering, that would be good!

You can direct your agression at me (not on the board), if it helps you sleep at night.

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 11:25 PM
You can direct your agression at me (not on the board), if it helps you sleep at night.

I will give that a try this year and see how it works out. I also have JMLamerson and Big-Daddy-tek or whatever his name is to yell at too!!!

Unfortunately, it is hard to blame you guys for anything except being....

kcallin
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Well first I start a game calm and having a good time but then a blown call or bad play and it's time for a beer. Watch some more yell at the refs for more bad/no calls, more beer. QB get sacked chug another one. :toast2: Wow first quarter is over that quick? ok new quarter good drive going wide out falls down (with help) no call, almost throw the remote have another beer. Stupid refs they got there head so far up there rear they can't see anything, yelling loudly now at the tv more beer.

HALF TIME 2 more beers :toast2::toast2:

OK 2nd half time to come alive Chiefs!!!

kick off taken at the 5 returned for 10, I am turning red
start the drive on the 15 run play for -2 more beer and yelling

much of the same all of the third quarter

ok start of the 4th we are still close down by 14 and we are moving good go right down the field and get a td, ALRIGHT GOOOOOO CHIEFS have a beer

we stop them on 3rd good job guys have a beer
next drive go down get a FG ok we are still in it more beer, they get a FG crap, final drive we could win it go down the field 1 and 10 on the 35 run play 2yd run play 1yd pass incomplete we lose now I am very loud dont ever want to see another game hate the calls, hate the refs(they lost it for us) a few players I wish are cut on monday. 6 more beers. 1 hour later I cant wait for the next CHIEFS game:bananen_smilies046:

the 2 worst games for me were the 1994 AFC Championship and the 1996 Indianapolis playoff games

matthewschiefs
09-07-2009, 11:39 PM
when watching a game i tend to throw things cruse ALOT and just sit in misery the last few years otherwise i sit enjoying a chiefs win.

doobs_05
09-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Last year i would always call my friend who was a lions fan to make my self feel better and know someone else is having a bad year.

I yell at the tv and curse at the tv and say bad things about phil sims, because for some reason i think he loves the donkeys too much and now that his sons on the team i'm goin to have to hear it over and over again

and last year with cutler i would make dumb remarks about his diabetes

KristofLaw
09-08-2009, 04:53 AM
I'm not from the KC area, so I usually either go to a sports bar or pick up a couple and invite my brother or some friends over to watch it on the tube. Not alot of KC fans in my area that I know of though.

Canada
09-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I used to have a really nice coffee table that somehow broke in half and flew through a window.

northwest
09-08-2009, 08:10 AM
i'm generally a very calm guy, but the chiefs games can really bring it out of me.

i remember a few years ago in college, my roommate was a broncos fan, and we were both watching our respective teams, and broncos were doing good while the chiefs were doing horrible.

i remember walking out of the apartment literally screaming and punching the walls. of course i've grown up a bit :)

McLovin
09-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks kiddo! I may seem mild mannered here, but when I'm really upset about the things that go wrong I try to cool down before posting here to much. :lol:

You are the consummate "true" Chiefs fan and I commend you. I spoke of jumping ship one time and not a day goes by that I don't regret the things I said. I learned then and there that the waters are pretty rough; it's best to stay on board.
It also doesn't hurt that with your age and you splitting time between the computer and TV you get mad then forget what you were mad about by the time you reach the computer. :11:

Pro_Angler
09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
well back in 2003 i think we were playing the raiders while i was laying hard wood flooring in my kitchen and we picked off and got a td nd i jumped up and hit my head and cut it open 9 stitches (after the game).
I am usually slamming beers though lately after the 1s qtr. to self medicate due to the pain.

spiman
09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Curse/Curse/curse ETC.. Slam the bar so hard it hurts..The major drinking till I feels no pain-Till I am so hung It hurts twice..:mob: at least i do not hit my fellow patrons YouTube - Punchon At Carlton Blues AFL Football Training (Setanta O'hAilpin's vs Cameron Cloke) :11:

Chiefster
09-08-2009, 11:21 PM
It also doesn't hurt that with your age and you splitting time between the computer and TV you get mad then forget what you were mad about by the time you reach the computer. :11:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have Chiefstersheimers. :11:

Chiefster
09-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Curse/Curse/curse ETC.. Slam the bar so hard it hurts..The major drinking till I feels no pain-Till I am so hung It hurts twice..:mob: at least i do not hit my fellow patrons YouTube - Punchon At Carlton Blues AFL Football Training (Setanta O'hAilpin's vs Cameron Cloke) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqx0GzUOmEw) :11:

The Faders are probably looking at that guy.

tammietailgator
09-08-2009, 11:35 PM
The screaming all started one beautiful Monday night at Arrowhead when my late... oh I mean EX husband made me leave the game, explaining to me that I do not know what I am talking about, that we could not possibly win this game. He was wrong! We won and I cursed him the whole way home for leaving early!

But I do try and look around me and see who I might offend, if the kids are outside - I curse. If they are inside - I tell them to go outside and play! then I curse! :)

Chiefster
09-08-2009, 11:46 PM
The screaming all started one beautiful Monday night at Arrowhead when my late... oh I mean EX husband made me leave the game, explaining to me that I do not know what I am talking about, that we could not possibly win this game. He was wrong! We won and I cursed him the whole way home for leaving early!

But I do try and look around me and see who I might offend, if the kids are outside - I curse. If they are inside - I tell them to go outside and play! then I curse! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NICE!

buttabean58
09-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I get mad and have to leave the room for a second.

The worst yelling I ever did was 1995 Playoffs, only thing I was at the game. All I can say is "Lin Elliot" damn him.

Connie Jo
09-10-2009, 07:43 PM

hahaha! I have one of those foam bricks too! Also, a yellow ref's flag that has a little sewn in pouch filled with sand on the bottom to throw. I think NFL Sunday Ticket sent them out one yr when you renewed, but not for sure that's where it came from.

I've heard of people actually busting their TV's...glad I ain't 'that' silly, haha. :)

Connie Jo
09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Well first I start a game calm and having a good time but then a blown call or bad play and it's time for a beer. Watch some more yell at the refs for more bad/no calls, more beer. QB get sacked chug another one. :toast2: Wow first quarter is over that quick? ok new quarter good drive going wide out falls down (with help) no call, almost throw the remote have another beer. Stupid refs they got there head so far up there rear they can't see anything, yelling loudly now at the tv more beer.

HALF TIME 2 more beers :toast2::toast2:

OK 2nd half time to come alive Chiefs!!!

kick off taken at the 5 returned for 10, I am turning red
start the drive on the 15 run play for -2 more beer and yelling

much of the same all of the third quarter

ok start of the 4th we are still close down by 14 and we are moving good go right down the field and get a td, ALRIGHT GOOOOOO CHIEFS have a beer

we stop them on 3rd good job guys have a beer
next drive go down get a FG ok we are still in it more beer, they get a FG crap, final drive we could win it go down the field 1 and 10 on the 35 run play 2yd run play 1yd pass incomplete we lose now I am very loud dont ever want to see another game hate the calls, hate the refs(they lost it for us) a few players I wish are cut on monday. 6 more beers. 1 hour later I cant wait for the next CHIEFS game:bananen_smilies046:

the 2 worst games for me were the 1994 AFC Championship and the 1996 Indianapolis playoff games

hahahahaha! That was a GREAT play by play, lol.
:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM

Ut oh, that would've upset me too, leaving the game early only to miss a win. We've left early to beat the rush in the last minutes of the 4th, but only when there was absolutely no chance of win. My X is a Chiefs fan, but he's not a diehard type. He became a fan influenced by my being a fan when we married. He didn't like going to the games, or Draft Day, more of a non-particpating stay at home fan.

Had we not divorced, he wouldn't have appreciated the trip to Canton for DT's Ceremony either, glad he was an X by then, cause he would've made the trip miserable, haha.

Connie Jo
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
As of late all i do is shout loud swear words at the tv and bite back tears of depression... :D

Been there, done that...more than I'd like to, haha.

stoneygirl
09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I just yell at the tv, but my ex had a foam football he would throw at the tv.