PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson - Bounce Back Year

20yardline
09-09-2009, 03:49 AM
With the signing of Matt Cassel, the Chiefs may be able to keep 8 out of the box this year. I am thinking LJ has a pretty nice season as long as Cassel plays well enough to scare defenses out of the 8 man front.

Do you guys agree, or will Charles get his chance?

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 05:35 AM
With the signing of Matt Cassel, the Chiefs may be able to keep 8 out of the box this year. I am thinking LJ has a pretty nice season as long as Cassel plays well enough to scare defenses out of the 8 man front.

Do you guys agree, or will Charles get his chance?

I'm hoping for a little of both actually, providing of course that Charles can hang onto the football.

Pro_Angler
09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I believe that after LJ play the last few years and even this pre-season...he is done!!!! He has nothing left in the tank at all...

Sick Dog
09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
I thought from the limited carries he got that he looked good.

KCraised
09-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I think the only thing LJ is going to be "bouncing back" from is when he runs into the back of his O line;)
LJ has looked like he has been trying to run in wet cement for the past 2 years. No first move explosiveness, no running with attitude or purpose. I personally think his mental state has broken down more than his physical. The world of the celebrated sports hero came crashing down right on his head...

matthewschiefs
09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I hope LJ does have a bounce back year if he has a great year the chiefs can make some noise

honda522
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Charles gets his chance, LJ still keeps running into his line, without even looking for a hole.

KottkeKU
09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
i cant believe what im hearing... i watched the preseason too, and it looked like to me LJ was diving for every yard he could behind our ridiculously terrible offensive line....remember guys, we dont have Roaf, Shields and Wiegmann anymore...those were the good ol days when Derrick Blaylock rushed for 2 tds and 100 yards in like one and a half quarters...

Dont blame LJ when the problem is clearly the offensive line...LJ is running hard, and i believe he broke a huge run last preseason game against the Rams did he not?

honda522
09-09-2009, 03:58 PM
i cant believe what im hearing... i watched the preseason too, and it looked like to me LJ was diving for every yard he could behind our ridiculously terrible offensive line....remember guys, we dont have Roaf, Shields and Wiegmann anymore...those were the good ol days when Derrick Blaylock rushed for 2 tds and 100 yards in like one and a half quarters...

Dont blame LJ when the problem is clearly the offensive line...LJ is running hard, and i believe he broke a huge run last preseason game against the Rams did he not?
We can all blame LJ when he doesn't keep his head up and look for the dam hole. He used to wait for a hole to open up. Now he just puts his head down and doesn't even look. When he did look and wait, he broke big.

Coach
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I think LJ will be good this year. I think Charles will be a nice play action option. I am interested to see how they use Jackie Battle. I liked him a lot in the pre-season.

KC Maniac
09-09-2009, 05:33 PM
We can all blame LJ when he doesn't keep his head up and look for the dam hole. He used to wait for a hole to open up. Now he just puts his head down and doesn't even look. When he did look and wait, he broke big.

Have to disagree with you here. I'm not even sure what hole you are talking about...You really can't place the blame on L J considering the last couple of seasons we haven't had ANY offensive line....So I'm not sure who you are speaking for when you say 'we' but don't include me on that one. When you lose 3 great offensive lineman, your numbers and production will take a hit. If you have no faith in your O-line because game after game they fail, it would be tough to say the least. If you have the QB's we have had the last few seasons....and the weight of the world was on YOUR shoulders...It would be tough...He has a tough job, and I personally do not place any of the blame on him. If you think Savage or Charles couldve done a better job with the tools he had, well, you're just wrong.

m0ef0e
09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
LJ barely gets time to look for a hole, just like our QB's barely get time to make reads. I'd like to see Savage get some work and Charles is a good change-up but look for LJ to pound the rock quite a bit late in games if we can win the first half.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Nobody, I repeat Nobody in the RB position for the Chiefs would have had any kind of a year with the line they had the last 2 seasons!!! If LJ were to go to a team with a half decent line he would be a top 5 back! Unless they have a drastic improvement on the line, don't look for any RB's for the Chiefs to be successful.

honda522
09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Have to disagree with you here. I'm not even sure what hole you are talking about...You really can't place the blame on L J considering the last couple of seasons we haven't had ANY offensive line....So I'm not sure who you are speaking for when you say 'we' but don't include me on that one. When you lose 3 great offensive lineman, your numbers and production will take a hit. If you have no faith in your O-line because game after game they fail, it would be tough to say the least. If you have the QB's we have had the last few seasons....and the weight of the world was on YOUR shoulders...It would be tough...He has a tough job, and I personally do not place any of the blame on him. If you think Savage or Charles couldve done a better job with the tools he had, well, you're just wrong.
Oh there are holes, maybe not big ones, but there are holes. When they call 34 blast, the direction the play is suppose to be ran to the right towards the 4th gap. None the less you don't have to run through the 4th gap by heart. Pick up a different gap if you have to or bounce to the outside.

How do you think Charles had a few good runs this season?

On another note, the OL took a turn during the 2006 season, LJ was getting hit in the back field and still gaining about 3 to 5 yards after that.

deerhunter2
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I hope for the teams sake that LJ is back and does well, but I don't think he is much of a man, because when the team looked bad he gave up and had a bad attitude. I would love to see Savage get some carries because he has shown more desire and heart than I've seen in a while. I think that the last 2 years LJ could have used a little Barry Sanders training. Barry never had a great OL to run behind, but still ran hard and got his yards any way he could.

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Hilarious and Awsome! You guys are the best. Especially Pro Angler who would rather see the Chiefs lose than LJ succeed. Anyway, here it is - I said it... LJ will run for 1400 yards and 15 TD's this year, barring injuries, thats a guarantee. Enjoy.

Please dont ask me how I've came to this conclusion considering I've done everything from statiscal analysis to week by week comparisons to success depending on attempts analysis and have even went far enough to show you guys film of the old LJ VS the new, proving that his running style is the same. The ignorance out shines me and you pretend I havent posted, going on with your usual rhetoric. Im done, It's time to play.

One more thing: DO NOT GET ON MY F***ING BANDWAGON WHEN IT STARTS ROLLING!

Chiefster
09-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I love this thread. :lol:

McLovin
09-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Hilarious and Awsome! You guys are the best. Especially Pro Angler who would rather see the Chiefs lose than LJ succeed. Anyway, here it is - I said it... LJ will run for 1400 yards and 15 TD's this year, barring injuries, thats a guarantee. Enjoy.

Please dont ask me how I've came to this conclusion considering I've done everything from statiscal analysis to week by week comparisons to success depending on attempts analysis and have even went far enough to show you guys film of the old LJ VS the new, proving that his running style is the same. The ignorance out shines me and you pretend I havent posted, going on with your usual rhetoric. Im done, It's time to play.

One more thing: DO NOT GET ON MY F***ING BANDWAGON WHEN IT STARTS ROLLING!
Rep, I do have a question though, I am already on the bandwagon with ya, just ordered an LJ jersey (only reason I didn't get it before was because I wondered about a trade) Can I stay on the bandwagon.

Chiefster
09-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Rep, I do have a question though, I am already on the bandwagon with ya, just ordered an LJ jersey (only reason I didn't get it before was because I wondered about a trade) Can I stay on the bandwagon.

Nope! This is a BDT bandwagon only. :D

j/k

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 01:44 AM

Lets get this wagon Rolling McLovin! By the way, take the vest off, you look like Aladdin!

McLovin
09-10-2009, 01:56 AM
YouTube - I am McLovin

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Lets get this wagon Rolling McLovin! By the way, take the vest off, you look like Aladdin!

HAHAHAHAHA:lol: :funnypost: , anyways....i can see where you think 1400 yards and 15 TDs (now is that all just rushing any recieving??) I would like a ticket for this ride(even tho i'm still mad at LJ for being a little ----- about stuff)

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 03:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHA:lol: :funnypost: , anyways....i can see where you think 1400 yards and 15 TDs (now is that all just rushing any recieving??) I would like a ticket for this ride(even tho i'm still mad at LJ for being a little ----- about stuff)

One ticket on the LJ Wagon comin right up! All Aboard!?

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 03:11 AM
One ticket on the LJ Wagon comin right up! All Aboard!?

Awesome time to change my sig (not the picture tho she is so hot)

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Great Idea! Lets get some momentum on this thing!

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 03:21 AM

I got it...not fancy but its up (thats what she said)

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 03:30 AM
OK, Got it. Lookin Good!

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 04:19 AM
OK, Got it. Lookin Good!

NICE!!

chief31
09-10-2009, 04:42 AM

Actually, it was 4TDs for Blaylock, all in the second half. Holmes had his four TDs in that game, during the first half.

Prior to that game, The Falcons were the top rated run defense in the league.

I don't blame LJ for much on the field, during the past two seasons. But, I don't fully credit him with most of his achievements during the previous two seasons either.

1400 yards and 15 TDs? There's too much weighing against that, right now, in my opinion.
Injury... competition... questionable blocking... questionable QB... questionable HC...

However, there are some things that weighs in his favor here, like... the running game is usually the first thing to fall into place for a new offense. And it's also the only thing that alot of losing teams can manage to make look decent.

So, if Haley and his 'high-flying' offense is grounded, then that leans toward higher rushing quantity numbers.

If I were to make a prediction, it would be around 1100 yards and 9 TDs.

Canada
09-10-2009, 09:24 AM

I'll ride, but I call shotgun!! :bananen_smilies046:

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I'll ride, but I call shotgun!! :bananen_smilies046:

make sure you bring alot of beer......Sorry Daddy your driving no beer for you lol

McLovin
09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
make sure you bring alot of beer......Sorry Daddy your driving no beer for you lol
I will be the Designated Driver, as long as no one spikes my Diet Coke. :toast2:

loyalchief91
09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
LJ will have a bounce back year. He didn't play a full season last year and I thought his numbers were decent if not suspended for 4 games I think he would of had a 1,000 yard season.

josh1971
09-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I hope he does- his attitude seems a lot better, and if we can get five guys blocking who can create some seams and holes, I think it will be a tremendous year for LJ.

I just... wish he was a little faster.

jb

greg3564
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
LJ isn't cut out for the crap O line the Chiefs have. A bad line needs a shifty RB, who can cut and slash away from defensive players. Charles or Battle would be better choices for the kind of O line we have. LJ needs a solid line to open large running lanes and the Chiefs don't have it this year. LJ is best suited for goal line situations.

yashi
09-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I think LJ will still be good for 1000+ if he stays healthy. He averaged 4.5 yards a carry last season even with a bad OL. I think Charles will mix in for 400-500 also.

I want to see a few of these this year:

YouTube - Jamaal Charles 75 yard TD run vs Oklahoma State

KristofLaw
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey guys a couple more days 'til the Express takes off! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
09-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Its getting closer and closer cant wait GO CHIEFS!!!!!:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
09-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Are you implying that you would like to board the express.
If so pile on.

To all interested in riding this train.

The express will be boarding for a few more days. Once LJ has his first breakthrough game then the express will also stop boarding.

This is an express not a bandwagon all aboard.

:lol:

yashi
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Tell you what... if after Sunday's game LJ holds the last TWO 100 yard games the Ravens have given up, I'm going to be doing cartwheels.

doobs_05
09-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Are you implying that you would like to board the express.
If so pile on.

To all interested in riding this train.

The express will be boarding for a few more days. Once LJ has his first breakthrough game then the express will also stop boarding.

This is an express not a bandwagon all aboard.

:lol:

i say stops boarding when game starts and Kristoflaw is on now?? if so make sure you put the names on your sig too

Bike
09-11-2009, 07:34 PM
LJ needs a solid line to open large running lanes and the Chiefs don't have it this year. LJ is best suited for goal line situations.

I think any rb would be more productive with a solid ol to open large running lanes. Its what the back does with what is given him that proves his worth imo...
Also disagree with LJ being used in just goal line situations. LJ is the type of back that feeds off numerous carries and normally the more he runs, the more he runs...

Pro_Angler
09-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I say LJ will get about 60yds rushing vs the Ravens and charles will get about 45 on a third of the carries.

stricken721
09-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Is the express still boarding? If so I would like a ticket please. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Is the express still boarding? If so I would like a ticket please. :bananen_smilies046:

Its gonna cost you a beer, u can pay me later!! :bananen_smilies046:

stricken721
09-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Its gonna cost you a beer, u can pay me later!! :bananen_smilies046:
:bananen_smilies046: Awesome!

Big Daddy Tek
09-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Welcome Aboard!

stricken721
09-13-2009, 02:38 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Thanks man! :bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
09-13-2009, 05:22 AM
I'll get on the train. IMO LJ has somethig to prove. Our OL isn't great yet, but it is improved and should get a little better as the season goes on. GO CHIEFS!!!

KC Maniac
09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Bandwagon, meet brick wall....Brick Wall, meet Mr. Bandwagon.

azchiefsfan
09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry, but Johnson is going to make as much difference as t*ts on bore hog.

josh1971
09-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Are you now going to head into every thread and throw a tantrum?

Larry's going to be fine. Jamaal is going to be fine. You start your NFL season behind our line against one of the best defenses in the league.

JB

azchiefsfan
09-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Johnson may make a comeback. Just not with the current line. However, the fact that Croyle held up so well against this D, gives me a glimmer of hope. Can you imagine if he had time to throw the ball today. This is the Croyle that we hoped for originally.

Big Daddy Tek
09-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Figured this would happen. Start the season against a team that hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 38 games and all of the sudden LJ sucks. We will see kids.

Chiefster
09-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Figured this would happen. Start the season against a team that hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 38 games and all of the sudden LJ sucks. We will see kids.

Season just started. :bananen_smilies046:

yashi
09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
It's the Ravens. Relax, nobody runs on them.

wolfpack
09-14-2009, 10:15 AM
your right so far. He had a bounce back game,,,, he bounced off the centers a$$ into the ravens defense.

josh1971
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Get him in Arrowhead against the Raiders. He'll do fine. ;)

Big Daddy Tek
09-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Johnson has sucked every year since he got paid. Im ready for a change and come season ends i hope johnson is cut or traded. He doesnt have the fire anymore.

OK Church, Im sure everybody else is wondering the same thing... Is there any chiefs players that you do like? How about this, name one person alive or dead that you DO like?............ Were stll wating.....

josh1971
09-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I just don't think all this freaked out negative stuff is warranted. Seems a little early to panic. LJ will do fine if we find five guys who can block, and once we play some teams that don't have Baltimore's D. :D

Good god, let's have some optimism 'round here!

Hayvern
09-15-2009, 12:37 AM
I really don't like Johnson, but if Johnson runs for over 100 yards and scores three, OK even two touchdowns against the Raiders next weekend, I will BUY a Johnson jersey!

josh1971
09-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Heck, as long as he's productive in a win over the raiders, I'm good. Still won't buy an LJ jersey, but I'll feel a lot better if we're 1-1 after 2 games. :D

McLovin
09-15-2009, 12:48 AM
I would be very happy to be 1-1, and suprisingly the Raiders are dominating and hurting the Chargers. Several Chargers are out with injury now due to the Raiders.

Hayvern
09-15-2009, 01:43 AM
I would be very happy to be 1-1, and suprisingly the Raiders are dominating and hurting the Chargers. Several Chargers are out with injury now due to the Raiders.

The Raiders in true form though, found a way to lose the game!

McLovin
09-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Yes they did, and here is to the Raiders finding a way to lose.

Chiefster
09-15-2009, 01:46 AM
OK Church, Im sure everybody else is wondering the same thing... Is there any chiefs players that you do like? How about this, name one person alive or dead that you DO like?............ Were stll wating.....

This, and...

...this! :D

rbedgood
09-15-2009, 02:00 AM
1400 / 15 is a bit steep, but I'd go for 1100 / 10 TDs. I think he's got that in him.

jap1
09-15-2009, 02:16 AM
For all those on the LJ Express, I have always been on the bandwagon. Despite yesterday's performance, I think against the rest of the league our OL will hold up. After all, Baltimore has probably a top 5 run defense. I think we can still count on LJ for the 1400 yds/15tds.

McLovin
09-15-2009, 02:31 AM
1400 / 15 is a bit steep, but I'd go for 1100 / 10 TDs. I think he's got that in him.
Sounds like sportsbook material to me, post it let me put my money where my mouth is. Can adjust the odds as the season progresses.

doobs_05
09-15-2009, 02:59 AM
For all those on the LJ Express, I have always been on the bandwagon. Despite yesterday's performance, I think against the rest of the league our OL will hold up. After all, Baltimore has probably a top 5 run defense. I think we can still count on LJ for the 1400 yds/15tds.

so you want on the bandwagon??

jap1
09-15-2009, 03:07 AM
so you want on the bandwagon??

Ive always been on the bandwagon, I just dont post very often.

doobs_05
09-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Ive always been on the bandwagon, I just dont post very often.

just making sure