PDA

View Full Version : PS3 owners!!

doobs_05
09-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Ok i'm thinking of buying a PS3 (cuz i'm getting about 900 dollars from school). Anyways i was wondering what games should i get and play right away when i do get the PS3

Also: was wondering if you guys have heard about this game called MAG where 256 or something people can play on one server.....saw some youtube videos and holy ---- that game looks intense

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2009, 04:57 AM
Well I dont have a PS3 (I wish I did) but Id recommend Madden 10!

Vanilla Garilla
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Ok i'm thinking of buying a PS3 (cuz i'm getting about 900 dollars from school). Anyways i was wondering what games should i get and play right away when i do get the PS3

Also: was wondering if you guys have heard about this game called MAG where 256 or something people can play on one server.....saw some youtube videos and holy ---- that game looks intense

Doobs as a former PS3 owner i highly recommend Uncharted, that game is freaking fantastic. Im gonna buy a slim just for Uncharted 2 and God of War. Other than that, all my boys are on xbox so i will stick with that. Trust me though< Uncharted is amazing!

stricken721
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Resistance: Fall of man and Resistance 2.

honda522
09-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Resistance, COD, RockBand, GTA4

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 03:20 AM
alright thanks for the input i'll be checking out those games.

but if that MAG game is as great as it looks i'll be playing that all the time...seriously look it up

Guru
09-10-2009, 04:40 AM
No love for Medal Gear Solid 4?

That is a must buy.

chief31
09-10-2009, 04:45 AM
I haven't played anything on a Playstation, or Xbox, in a long time. God of War was the greatest thing I had ever seen, last time I played. My kids are all into Guitar Hero.

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Metal gear Solid....i never played any of the other ones so i'm worried that the story will make no sense to me.

Never played God of War 1 because my PS2 wouldn't run any GOW disc. God of War 3 just looks badass and can't wait to play that one.

Little Big Planet anyone like that??

Vanilla Garilla
09-10-2009, 05:57 AM
alright thanks for the input i'll be checking out those games.

but if that MAG game is as great as it looks i'll be playing that all the time...seriously look it up

MAG looks cool but i worry about 256 players online..... I smell some serious lag cooking. I hope im wrong, but i just dont see it working. Too many have poor internet connections.

Guru
09-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Metal gear Solid....i never played any of the other ones so i'm worried that the story will make no sense to me.

Never played God of War 1 because my PS2 wouldn't run any GOW disc. God of War 3 just looks badass and can't wait to play that one.

Little Big Planet anyone like that??MGS4 stands alone just fine. I never finished the first one and didn't even try 2 and 3 and I followed it just fine. There are a bunch of videos of the cutscenes from 1, 2, and 3 on youtube if you really want to see the story though.

We have LBP. I don't care much for it but I don't like platformers at all so I am biased. My kids love it though.

doobs_05
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
MAG looks cool but i worry about 256 players online..... I smell some serious lag cooking. I hope im wrong, but i just dont see it working. Too many have poor internet connections.

they said they had developed something to where lag would not be an issue i'll have to look it up again

garciakcfan
09-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Im a huge hockey fan and nhl10 is going to be sick!!!!!!! also fifa is a fun game as well, mag is gonna be sick as well. call of duty modern warfare 2 is coming out in november.. welcome to the darkside!!!! garciakcfan is my psnid add me!!!

Coach
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but they are looking for beta users. This could change the way games are played forever.

OnLive: The Future of Video Games (http://www.onlive.com/)

doobs_05
09-17-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but they are looking for beta users. This could change the way games are played forever.

that looks awesome! the only problem i see with it is people who don't have really fast internet can't download fast enough....and what will Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have to say about it.. that would kill their systems

i like the OnLive because then you don't have to own a certain system to be able to play a game

Vanilla Garilla
09-17-2009, 05:47 AM

Yeah i signed up for the beta. I do have my worries about streaming a game via broadband, but im hoping it works like they say it does, and i get in the beta.

Coach
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah i signed up for the beta. I do have my worries about streaming a game via broadband, but im hoping it works like they say it does, and i get in the beta.

I've read several reviews and watched 1 hr clip escirbing the service. I agree that the Challenge will be to make sure there is not game lag. In terms of download speeds, you will not be dowloading anything. The games will reside on a remote server.

If it works as advertised, it will change gaming forever. No more cartridges, out of date set-top boxes, etc.

Guru
09-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I signed up for this beta back in March. I certainly hope jumping in early pays off.

Vanilla Garilla
09-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I've read several reviews and watched 1 hr clip escirbing the service. I agree that the Challenge will be to make sure there is not game lag. In terms of download speeds, you will not be dowloading anything. The games will reside on a remote server.

If it works as advertised, it will change gaming forever. No more cartridges, out of date set-top boxes, etc.

Another cool thing i read is that you will be able to rent games on the service for said number of days, and like you said no downloading, just streaming.

IF IT WORKS, it will be revolutionary.

I signed up for this beta back in March. I certainly hope jumping in early pays off.

Yeah i signed up in March too, havent heard anything yet, hoping to soon.

Vanilla Garilla
09-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Doobs as a former PS3 owner i highly recommend Uncharted, that game is freaking fantastic. Im gonna buy a slim just for Uncharted 2 and God of War. Other than that, all my boys are on xbox so i will stick with that. Trust me though< Uncharted is amazing!

I gotta quote myself, how wierd is that. Anyways, some reviews are coming in for Uncharted 2 and they are stellar. I will be buying a ps3 slim just for this game.

Canada
09-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I gotta quote myself, how wierd is that. Anyways, some reviews are coming in for Uncharted 2 and they are stellar. I will be buying a ps3 slim just for this game.

I got uncharted when I bought my PS3 and it is awesome. I am now in the middle of Batman Arkham Asylum and it is wicked!! I dont know about the the 360, bu I love PS3:bananen_smilies046:

Vanilla Garilla
09-20-2009, 11:14 AM
I got uncharted when I bought my PS3 and it is awesome. I am now in the middle of Batman Arkham Asylum and it is wicked!! I dont know about the the 360, bu I love PS3:bananen_smilies046:

Yeah i just got done playing some Batman on 360, its freaking great. Uncharted was my favorite PS3 game by far!!!

doobs_05
09-21-2009, 04:10 AM
the batman game was just great (beat it and found all of riddlers clues NO BIG DEAL!! lol). Well i'm not getting as much money as i hoped for so maybe no ps3 for me :( but Modern warfare 2 comes out in 2 months and i will be buying that and maybe i will buy Halo ODST but i still don't know