PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Johnson???

buttabean58
09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
So am I seeing this right Derrick is third string? Did I miss something during the preseason for him to move down?

Vanilla Garilla
09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
So am I seeing this right Derrick is third string? Did I miss something during the preseason for him to move down?

Just Haleys' motivational tactic. DJ will be starting, i firmly believe in that.

buttabean58
09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I know it worked for Bowe, didnt know he was in Haleys doghouse too. I'm stuck watching the games on Gamecast since I'm stationed in LA so I'll I get to see is the Saints, Houston, and Dallas on tv down here. Miss living in KC.

deerhunter2
09-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I am also baffled about it. What did he do to get into Haley's dog house? Always seemed like he was giving 110% to me. I hope Vanilla is correct because no body shoots the gaps like DJ does.

buttabean58
09-09-2009, 09:21 PM
He is a beast, and can cover the middle of the field.

McLovin
09-09-2009, 11:25 PM
I had heard that DJ actually slid down. This is all just from what I heard but had heard that he didn't take well to the new defensive scheme. Obviously though third string or not D Johnson is far to valuable to cut unlike Pollard. If he doesn't fit and can't adjust like I had heard I could see him on the trade block soon. But again that is just what I heard.

Big Daddy Tek
09-09-2009, 11:58 PM
DJ didnt move on the depth chart until he got injured. He is healthy now and should move right back into the starting lineup. Here is a quote from him today:

"Sometimes I’m second team, sometimes I’m first team. I’m not too worried about it. I know I’ll be back in the lineup a lot more, like, really soon. I’m not too worried about it. I just want to win. I’m to a point now, this is my last year of my contract. It’s time to start winning. That’s the main focus is to win first, and hopefully I can be a big part of that."

McLovin
09-10-2009, 12:02 AM
DJ didnt move on the depth chart until he got injured. He is healthy now and should move right back into the starting lineup. Here is a quote from him today:

"Sometimes I知 second team, sometimes I知 first team. I知 not too worried about it. I know I値l be back in the lineup a lot more, like, really soon. I知 not too worried about it. I just want to win. I知 to a point now, this is my last year of my contract. It痴 time to start winning. That痴 the main focus is to win first, and hopefully I can be a big part of that."
I hope this is more correct then what I had read, and as I don't even remember where I read it I believe this is more accurate.

Good I like DJ and would like for him to stay a Chief.

josh1971
09-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Taking a portion of DJ's quote:

"I just want to win. I知 to a point now, this is my last year of my contract. It痴 time to start winning."

Yes, time to start winning so that he can command big money now that his contract is going to be up.

Sad.

jb

Chiefster
09-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Yup! And, the beat goes on.

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Taking a portion of DJ's quote:

Yes, time to start winning so that he can command big money now that his contract is going to be up.

Sad.

jb

No matter what he would have said about the last year of his contract, you would have turned it into this. Come on man. Stop. Winning has nothing do to do with him getting more money, especially if he isnt involved in the winning (playing.)

This is a very humble quote from Derrick. The fact that he only cares about winning, while being asked about the starting lineup, shows good character, not bad character like you suggested.

McLovin
09-10-2009, 01:17 AM
No matter what he would have said about the last year of his contract, you would have turned it into this. Come on man. Stop. Winning has nothing do to do with him getting more money, especially if he isnt involved in the winning (playing.)

This is a very humble quote from Derrick. The fact that he only cares about winning, while being asked about the starting lineup, shows good character, not bad character like you suggested.
Wow your on a roll tonight, Rep again.

buttabean58
09-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I actually thought he would do good going to the 3-4, with his size and speed. But I guess moving into the MLB postion is going to take some time getting use to his new role.

josh1971
09-10-2009, 05:13 PM

I'm sorry- do you know me? I wouldn't have turned it into that no matter what he said, but he said that they need to start winning, because this is the last year of his contract. That doesn't sound like a guy who is going to ask for a lot more money if they start winning a lot more?

To suggest that these are noble warriors who don't at the very least have one eye on the prize (meaning money) shows some naivete on your part.

I don't think he has bad character, but he does have to be part businessman, and we live in an era in pro sports where these guys have to focus on the game, but are very interested in playing the game where they can have the most success, both on the field and at the bank. Ahem- Tony Gonzales.

DJ is a good linebacker- I can't wait to see him play this year and I think the way our D played in the pre-season, they could keep us in some games. I hope we win a ton, and DJ gets a bazillion dollar contract, but to ascribe this sense of nobility to him that would suggest he isn't aware that lots of winning in a contract year wouldn't be profitable to him is selling short his ability as a businessman.

And just so ya know, Big Daddy? I'm usually in agreement with you, and have a very positive outlook on the team- so please don't immediately assume I'm some kind of detractor or nay-sayer about the Chiefs.

jb

buttabean58
09-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Too me I get he is saying we need to turn the corner and start winning or he will be looking for somewhere else to play after this year. So if we dont start winning, the front office could offer him a huge contract that he'll turn down and go shopping around for a team that can compete.

Pro_Angler
09-10-2009, 10:05 PM
johnson is na stud and will be starting

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry- do you know me? I wouldn't have turned it into that no matter what he said, but he said that they need to start winning, because this is the last year of his contract. That doesn't sound like a guy who is going to ask for a lot more money if they start winning a lot more?

To suggest that these are noble warriors who don't at the very least have one eye on the prize (meaning money) shows some naivete on your part.

I don't think he has bad character, but he does have to be part businessman, and we live in an era in pro sports where these guys have to focus on the game, but are very interested in playing the game where they can have the most success, both on the field and at the bank. Ahem- Tony Gonzales.

DJ is a good linebacker- I can't wait to see him play this year and I think the way our D played in the pre-season, they could keep us in some games. I hope we win a ton, and DJ gets a bazillion dollar contract, but to ascribe this sense of nobility to him that would suggest he isn't aware that lots of winning in a contract year wouldn't be profitable to him is selling short his ability as a businessman.

And just so ya know, Big Daddy? I'm usually in agreement with you, and have a very positive outlook on the team- so please don't immediately assume I'm some kind of detractor or nay-sayer about the Chiefs.

jb

Just stating my opinion VS. what I thought you were implying. I meant no offense, it looks like some was taken. My apology.

I wanted to make sure that DJ's quote wasn't taken as an overall money issue when clearly the focus is on winning right now. It's very obvious that these guys dont do this for free and performance in the final year of a contract is crucial. You have no argument here.

Unfortunatly the statement that you put out there looked like a quick slam to a guy talking about winning, with not much thought going into it. Thats obviously not the case, have a good one Josh.