PDA

View Full Version : positives about going into Baltimore

Pro_Angler
09-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Well guys just a few days away tillkick off to 2009.
We can say for sure that our defense is playing way better then last year. We have potentially our "franchise" QB starting.We have not allowed a run over 8yds in 4 pre seasons games. We have actually sacked 2-3 times a game (wow).
As far as offense goes we are in some deep doo doo. Our punt and kick off return teams suck ars again this year and i don't know why since our defense is better????

Well to top everything of we are undefeated in Baltimaore lifetime..

matthewschiefs
09-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Things are defently better then they were a year ago. With The Ravens not haveing a offense that sets the world on fire this is not a bad team for the Chiefs to open against. Cant wait for the game. GO CHIEFS!!!!

McLovin
09-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Positives on the Baltimore game.

I am positive that we are going to play Baltimore.

I am also positive that no matter how many believe it there is a chance this team (or any other team for that matter) can beat Baltimore. If the outcome was known ... they would call it Pro Wrestling.

I am positive that we will put a team on the field and it will consist of a QB, a RB, a WR, a O-Line, and a Defense among others. Also these are ALL NFL caliber individuals with a lot of talent. There are no losers on this team, just sometimes the individuals will have less natural talent or they will have a better or worse game.

If they are not top quality NFL players then NFL will stand for Not For Long. I believe very firmly that Haley will make sure of it.

No matter what the outcome of the game .... life will go on and the world will keep turning.

Last but not least.

I am positive I am a CHIEFS FAN, and no amount of losing can take that away.

ARKIESTEEL
09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
From a Steelers fan I hope you all beat the ratbirds in the most awful way............I hope you all win like 45 to 3

Anyway after tonight I will be pulling for you all this weekend.

josh1971
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I think we have a lot of positives coming into Sunday's game- mostly the attitude that has come with the new GM/Coach.

Our team is better conditioned- lighter and stronger than last season.

We have, despite what some maintain, addressed some problems on the O-line, to the point where we don't have McIntosh, Barry Richardson, or Adrian Jones in there. I think the Albert-Waters-Niswanger-Goff part of the line is ok, and that we need to get one more guy in there that can solidify it. With O'Callaghan, Ndukwe, Alleman, and possibly Runyon as depth, it could be ok.

Larry Johnson and Jamaal Charles have been running really well (despite Jamaal's fumbling), and we have another tough kid in Dantrell Savage in there.

We are getting to the QB more, which is nice, and overall, the moves we made in the offseason seem to have nicely shored up our defense.

We have a kicker with a good leg, and still have the best punter in the league (in my opinion).

Now, as to the QB situation and how the receiving corps will do? We'll see.

jmlamerson
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I think our only chance at winning this game is to take the early lead and force the Ravens to throw. Flacco is a good, game managing QB, but he doesn't have the skills or the receivers yet to win many shootouts. Plus, if we can get the Ravens passing, we have a pretty decent chance of forcing a couple turnovers.

If the Ravens are able to run most plays, we'll be in big trouble, simply because our front seven is either too young or too old to be on the field 35-40 minutes.

yashi
09-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Gonna be a really tough game... I think the Ravens will be one of the best teams again this season. Scariest defense in the league, especially when they're wearing their black jerseys. Steelers D is better, but they don't have Ray Lewis staring at you every play. Scariest player in the league even if he's not as good as he used to be.

honda522
09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Remember last year about those BAD Patriots, they were favored to pretty much destroy us. We kept in there. The Ravens have an OK offense, but their deal is their Defense. If we can create turnovers and keep ours to a min, I can see us prevailing on Sunday.

The QB just needs to keep his eye out for Ed Reed and the line protecting the qb and most things should be good.

COME ON CHIEFS!!!

josh1971
09-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I think our only chance at winning this game is to take the early lead and force the Ravens to throw. Flacco is a good, game managing QB, but he doesn't have the skills or the receivers yet to win many shootouts. Plus, if we can get the Ravens passing, we have a pretty decent chance of forcing a couple turnovers.

If the Ravens are able to run most plays, we'll be in big trouble, simply because our front seven is either too young or too old to be on the field 35-40 minutes.

True- but then, it's true of most games that if your opponents can run the ball well against you, you're in trouble.

I want a win, but if we lose, I want us to have at least been competitive, and be able to take something positive into week 2.

jb

KottkeKU
09-10-2009, 03:38 PM
You guys are forgetting we have the element of surprise....its going to take BAL all half and hopefully more if Haley and his staff really mix things up just to figure out what were trying to do on defense and offense...i think that really bodes well for giving us an opportunity that if we can score points early, we may have a shot at this one...ive been saying it all along i think we match up well against the Ravens...always have.

If Cassel starts, he needs to get in the groove early and we win this game...

captainamerica
09-11-2009, 12:07 AM
If LJ plays well early, we'll win this game. I'm almost positive of that.

Big Daddy Tek
09-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Everything is going to have to go perfect for us to win on sunday. One of the top things that we have going for us is that Rex Ryan is not the Defensive coordinator anymore and one of the old assistants is going to get his feet wet. The fact that this new coordinator has absolutly no film to watch / study gives us a huge advantage. This might be a way that we can jump ahead early as JM suggested.

To me the #1 thing will be turnovers. I think the defense is good enough against this offense that if we finish +2, we have a real good chance to win.

FYI- The last player to ever rush for more than 100 yards on this defense, is no other than.............LARRY JOHNSON! Unfortunatly, from what I read today, the Ravens are using this as motivation.

Worst case..... 24-6 Loss
Best case..... 14-10 Win

PawnshopMarimba
09-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I think this game is certainly winnable, but KC has to play smart. I'm betting Baltimore's going to come right out of the gate testing our offensive line with a good number of blitz packages. Cassell (or Thigpen)....(or Brodie)....(or Guti) need to be able to read it and adjust accordingly. With our offensive line against this defense, audibles and smartly played check downs could be the difference. We simply can't go three and out on every drive and set them up with good field position.

Defensively I think we'll be fine. If we keep playing aggressively and with the speed that we've shown, I don't think Baltimore will get more than 17 on the board barring a meltdown by our offense with lots of turnovers.

McLovin
09-11-2009, 01:22 AM
One of the other things, 1st game of the year, lowly 2-14 Chiefs vs Big Bad Ravens. Most have written the Chiefs off, I doubt that the Ravens are looking ahead to the Chargers but it would be nice if they overlooked the Chiefs.

If they just put this into the win column then the Chiefs absolutely have a chance. Also no one has seen Cassel play much (for the Chiefs)so not much to game plan for although on the flipside Cassel hasn't had as much time to get on the same page as his receivers.

KristofLaw
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
We're still the Chiefs! :D Every man on our roster is a Chief! :D

doobs_05
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
If we can stop the Ravens Offense im positive we can pull out a win.

KCINNYC
09-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I love this thread...

McLovin
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
If we can stop the Ravens Offense im positive we can pull out a win.

So let me get tis straight. If we keep them from scoring. And we score then we win. Wonder why hermie couldn't figure that out.
:lol:

wolfpack
09-11-2009, 12:44 PM
If our defense can hold them, then its who`s kicker can kick the longest FG.

isht_starter
09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Scheme will only get you so far, at some point talent will take over. I don't see any way the Chiefs win this game unless Baltimore gives it to them. Go down the starters 1-22 of both teams and name one position where the Chiefs are better. Cornerback might be the only position where the Chiefs compare favorably and that's not enough to win a game.

Canada
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Scheme will only get you so far, at some point talent will take over. I don't see any way the Chiefs win this game unless Baltimore gives it to them. Go down the starters 1-22 of both teams and name one position where the Chiefs are better. Cornerback might be the only position where the Chiefs compare favorably and that's not enough to win a game.

Running Back

pbatrucker
09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Funny thing about this game of football. It doesn't matter which teams are plaing, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!! That's why we play the game, other wise we'd just email the score in to the league offfice. GO CHIEFS!!!!!
:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
If we can just score more points than them, I think we'll pull it out.

yashi
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
If we can just score more points than them, I think we'll pull it out.

:sign0098:

jmlamerson
09-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Our 1WR, RB, LG, and 1CB are all demonstrably better than the Ravens. It's my opinion that our QB, 2WR, TE, 2CB, and 2ILB are also better.

doobs_05
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
So let me get tis straight. If we keep them from scoring. And we score then we win. Wonder why hermie couldn't figure that out.
:lol:

ok i look at my statement and yes its dumb but the Ravens offense isn't that good so if we can beat their D then we can win

Chiefster
09-11-2009, 02:41 PM

On paper, perhaps, the Ravens simply wipe the field up with us; I don't really know seeing how I'm not a statistician. However, the game is played on the field not on paper, so I'll hold out a glimmer of "Homer" hope until proven, on the field, otherwise.

Chiefster
09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Hey doobs, I'll hop on that bandwagon with you and the gang if you'll do me a big favor.

Could I get ya to go horizontal with five or six names in your sig before going vertical? :)

doobs_05
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey doobs, I'll hop on that bandwagon with you and the gang if you'll do me a big favor.

Could I get ya to go horizontal with five or six names in your sig before going vertical? :)

lol sure thing

Baltimorefan06
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM

Bowe is better than all of our receivers combined, and Flowers probably has a slight edge over Foxworth.

Larry Johnson may be better than any one running back on our squad, but the combo of McGahee/McClain/Rice is undoubtedly superior.

McLovin
09-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Bowe is better than all of our receivers combined, and Flowers probably has a slight edge over Foxworth.

Larry Johnson may be better than any one running back on our squad, but the combo of McGahee/McClain/Rice is undoubtedly superior.
Good first post, we like respectful fans of the opposition. Welcome to the Crowd.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Positives on the Baltimore game.

I am positive that we are going to play Baltimore.

I am also positive that no matter how many believe it there is a chance this team (or any other team for that matter) can beat Baltimore. If the outcome was known ... they would call it Pro Wrestling.

I am positive that we will put a team on the field and it will consist of a QB, a RB, a WR, a O-Line, and a Defense among others. Also these are ALL NFL caliber individuals with a lot of talent. There are no losers on this team, just sometimes the individuals will have less natural talent or they will have a better or worse game.

If they are not top quality NFL players then NFL will stand for Not For Long. I believe very firmly that Haley will make sure of it.

No matter what the outcome of the game .... life will go on and the world will keep turning.

Last but not least.

I am positive I am a CHIEFS FAN, and no amount of losing can take that away.
YOU SAID IT!!!!!!!:bananen_smilies046: :yahoo:

Pro_Angler
09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I love this thread...

Tyvm this is the most popular thread I ever started I think

Baltimorefan06
09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Good first post, we like respectful fans of the opposition. Welcome to the Crowd.

I appreciate the welcome. :bananen_smilies046:

Ravens420
09-12-2009, 01:44 AM
It will never happen maybe the other way around

acisking
09-12-2009, 02:17 AM
As a Ravens fan, I'll admit that Bowe is better than any of our receivers. As for Larry Johnson, he may be better than any of our guys, but I don't know another team that rotates between their running backs (all of who have unique styles of running) as much as we do - so I'm not sure you have an advantage there.

One advantage that nobody is talking about is that our best players - especially Ed Reed - are notorious for their film preparation. But considering that we have no video of Cassell with the Chiefs, and that there is even a possibility that one of your others starters will start, it's going to be impossible to scheme in advance. Ed Reed even admitted as much recently saying that they don't have any film to examine so they ar just focusing on being sound defensively.

The biggest advantage that your team has is that I can already sense a good bit of complacency around Baltimore heading into this game. Even our greatest critics are saying this should be an easy win. With a huge game coming up next week, this is the perfect opportunity to come in and steal one from us.

Three7s
09-12-2009, 03:44 AM
As a Ravens fan, I'll admit that Bowe is better than any of our receivers. As for Larry Johnson, he may be better than any of our guys, but I don't know another team that rotates between their running backs (all of who have unique styles of running) as much as we do - so I'm not sure you have an advantage there.

One advantage that nobody is talking about is that our best players - especially Ed Reed - are notorious for their film preparation. But considering that we have no video of Cassell with the Chiefs, and that there is even a possibility that one of your others starters will start, it's going to be impossible to scheme in advance. Ed Reed even admitted as much recently saying that they don't have any film to examine so they ar just focusing on being sound defensively.

The biggest advantage that your team has is that I can already sense a good bit of complacency around Baltimore heading into this game. Even our greatest critics are saying this should be an easy win. With a huge game coming up next week, this is the perfect opportunity to come in and steal one from us.
I agree with almost every word. We do have a fairly decent RB rotation, LJ being a powerback and Jamaal Charles being a speed freak. Charles just fumbles too much for my taste.

I'll say this, if Croyle plays, all your secondary will have to do is double cover Dwayne Bowe and get pressure on him. Reed will probably pick Croyle off at least once. If Cassel plays, I'd just put everyone in the box. Cassel hasn't proven that he can hit anyone deep, so take away the checkdowns and short passes, and he'll be in deep trouble.

If Thigpen plays, just blitz the OLBs and make sure they don't go too far inside, so that Thigpen can't run. You won't have to worry about him throwing at all, since he can't.

As for the complacency issue, I do agree that even Raven players are getting a little bit ahead of themselves. This Chief defense is MUCH better than last year, the only obvious weakness that I can find is our zone defense in the middle of the field. Our run defense is at least 10x better.

Canada
09-12-2009, 06:50 AM
It will never happen maybe the other way around

Try the "Quote" Button, then people might know what you are talking about!! :bananen_smilies046:

acisking
09-13-2009, 04:11 AM
I agree with almost every word. We do have a fairly decent RB rotation, LJ being a powerback and Jamaal Charles being a speed freak. Charles just fumbles too much for my taste.

I'll say this, if Croyle plays, all your secondary will have to do is double cover Dwayne Bowe and get pressure on him. Reed will probably pick Croyle off at least once. If Cassel plays, I'd just put everyone in the box. Cassel hasn't proven that he can hit anyone deep, so take away the checkdowns and short passes, and he'll be in deep trouble.

If Thigpen plays, just blitz the OLBs and make sure they don't go too far inside, so that Thigpen can't run. You won't have to worry about him throwing at all, since he can't.

As for the complacency issue, I do agree that even Raven players are getting a little bit ahead of themselves. This Chief defense is MUCH better than last year, the only obvious weakness that I can find is our zone defense in the middle of the field. Our run defense is at least 10x better.

I should also add though that its not just the Ravens that won't have any tape on what their opponents are going to do. It has seriously gone under the radar and nobody in the media is talking about it, but from preseason indications and from a few practice insights, it appears that the Ravens are switching back to a base 4-3 (like they had in 2006). That is not to say that they will abandon the 3-4 altogether, but there should be a significant shift away from it. This will create all kinds of new looks with Terrell Suggs primarily being a DE. Might be a bit of a shock for the Chiefs if they had been anticipating a defense that looked like last year.