PDA

View Full Version : What was the Greatest game you watched?

buttabean58
09-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Just wanted to see what everyone has to say.

Mine would have to be 1994 Chiefs/9ers, Montana/Young match up and we were big underdogs.
Young was sacked by DT for a safety, that was a great game.

matthewschiefs
09-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I cant say a chiefs game would be up there my favorite football games ever are
Noter Dame vs USC 05
Usc Texas Nantional championship game Jan 06
rams titans superbowl

just to name a few

McLovin
09-10-2009, 03:34 PM
This is going to sound sad, but my Greatest Game I have ever watched would be The last game played, Rams Vs Chiefs in StLouis. This was the first game I had ever been to and I had awsome seats.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/13.jpg

josh1971
09-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Chiefs in Denver in 1994- Marty's mile high curse, Elway's comeback magic, and Joe Cool gave KC one of the best game endings ever.

That was 94, right?

jb

KCINNYC
09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh man, three years ago on new years eve when four teams had to lose and we had to win to go to the playoffs and we won it in overtime on a field goal.

I got so drunk that night, it was like we had won the super bowl

matthewschiefs
09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh man, three years ago on new years eve when four teams had to lose and we had to win to go to the playoffs and we won it in overtime on a field goal.

I got so drunk that night, it was like we had won the super bowl

Oh man i rember that then secounds later switching to the fox station to see the niners kick the field goal that put the chiefs in the playoffs beating denver i belive that was awsome. I was still liveing at my moms at the time and she thought i was nuts. AWW goodtimes. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

rodu
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
1994 Grey Cup (CFL) the first time a team of mine won the championship in any sport

garciakcfan
09-10-2009, 05:41 PM
as much as i hate to say this but the fubbalo vs oilers comeback... for college hoops its the syracuse vs kentucky 2 ot thriller of course my orangemen won

N TX Dave
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Christmas day 1971 I think it was the longest game ever played to this day Chiefs vs Fins we lost in triple overtime it was a playoff so it could not end in a tie. It was an awesome game even though we lost.

buttabean58
09-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Chiefs in Denver in 1994- Marty's mile high curse, Elway's comeback magic, and Joe Cool gave KC one of the best game endings ever.

That was 94, right?

jb
Yeah it was 94 Montana to Willie Davis as Davis extended his arms at the goal line before reaching the pylon for a touchdown with no time left.

stoneygirl
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm not a big KU fan, but I would rate their win against Memphis for the 2008 NCAA championship one of the best games I've seen.

buttabean58
09-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Ok maybe I should have said "What's the greatest KC Chiefs game you have ever watched". Thought everyone got that when I posted the ? on here. lol

honda522
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
I have seen so many games I can't even begin to think of the greatest game. The first one that really pops to my mind is in 04' Falcons at Chiefs. 56-10, with an NFL record of 8 rushing TD's, 4 by Priest and 4 by Blaylock. Held Vike to like 30 yards passing and 30 yards rushing.

Another that pops into my mind is when Dick was in his last year of coaching back in 05'. We were playing the raiders and we were down by 4. Some how we got to the 3 yard line with like 10 seconds to go. Dick elected to go for the win...he went all out. Sent out the team onto the field and called a dive play and we scored to win.

Connie Jo
09-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, it must be the greatest game I ever watched, cause whenever someone asks that question the same game comes to mind. I took my 8 yr old grandson, it was his first game at Arrowhead. I'm drawing a blank as to the year...maybe 3 seasons ago?...same game Neil Smith was inducted into the Chiefs HOF. Hank Jr was there to participate in his induction, and also sang a bit of 'Are You Ready For Some Football!'...so that was cool too.

It was really cold, 4th quarter tied up, and looked like we'd go into OT...but Tynes kicked a record setting long FG in the last seconds of the game for the win! That was the loudest I'd heard Arrowhead in quite a while, hahaha. It was AWESOME!!

I think what makes it the greatest is because it was my grandson's first, & he experienced the ultimate overall...induction of a Chief into their HOF, Hank Jr. on the field singing live, a tense last minute win, the loud crowd with the win, haha. His eyes got so big when the crowd roared, it almost scared him I think, lol...he put his hands over his ears. He talked about how loud the crowd was for days, more than anything else, haha.

Oh, and he's ALL BOY! Loves the Cheerleaders too! LOL

stoneygirl
09-10-2009, 08:23 PM
ok the best Chiefs game I've seen would be when I got the chance to see them play and beat the raiders at Arrowhead.

Chiefster
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
The "94" game with the Donks in Denver.

Pro_Angler
09-10-2009, 10:01 PM
montana TD beat the donks..enough said

KCSDFAN
09-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Montana beating the Donks and the 49ers but nothing beats the SUPER BOWL win!

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2009, 11:13 PM

That was 94, right?

jb

Yes, on Monday Night Football. Believe it or not, I was at this game. At THE OLD MILE HIGH. THAT PLACE WAS SOOOO LOUD!!!! AND THEN it was sooo quiet. HAHAHA! Too bad Donkeys!

PawnshopMarimba
09-11-2009, 01:08 AM
It would have to be the first football game I ever saw. Chiefs/Oilers from either late 89 or early 90.

This was the one where Steve DeBerg broke his finger so badly the bone was sticking out not long before the half... and the game had playoff implications for KC if I remember right; I think that if we won we secured a playoff spot.

Anyway, DeBerg comes back in the second half with a ridiculously huge cast around his finger and leads the team to a W and a playoff berth.

My family tuned in when Steve was getting his finger looked at, right after the play, and I haven't missed a Chiefs game since.

Chiefster
09-11-2009, 01:11 AM
montana TD beat the donks..enough said

Yep! :bananen_smilies046:

rcgamer
09-11-2009, 02:29 AM
I would have to say the 94 game against the Broncos. Maybe tied with it would be the playoff game against Houston that same year. Joe was getting beat up and his elbow was all swollen but he kept getting up and made it happen.

chief addict
09-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I would say the 1993 playoff comeback win over the heavily favored Houston Oilers.

rcgamer
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Oops, yes it was 93 when they played the Oilers in the playoffs not 94.

Bike
09-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I would say the 1993 playoff comeback win over the heavily favored Houston Oilers.
Yep. Buddy Ryans defense was the best in the nfl that year and Montana hit Keith Cash for the td and he spiked that Huge Buddy Ryan poster right in the head and we come back to win. Awesome moment and great game.

Canada
09-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Chiefs game.

N TX Dave
09-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Well actually the best Chiefs game I ever saw was the SB IV win and not '71 longest game.
The great promise of the '71 campaign ended dramatically in the longest game in NFL history, an AFC Divisional Playoff Game played on Christmas Day. It took 82:40, but a 37-yard FG from Dolphins K Garo Yepremian finally ended this epic as Miami claimed a 27-24 double OT win in the final football contest played at Municipal Stadium. Podolak accounted for an incredible 350 combined net yards, a figure that remains an NFL postseason record.

Chieffaninfl
09-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Playoff game between Chiefs and Oilers where Joe brought us back, and Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride

Argo
09-12-2009, 02:15 PM

That was 94, right?

jb

Best Game Ever.. nuff said. Joe Cool FTW :yahoo:

okikcfan
09-12-2009, 03:05 PM

That was 94, right?

jb
Well if that was the one in the snow blizzard and it ended with joe hitting lake dawson in the end zone with just seconds to play then yes, that was to me the best game ever. I was at the edge of my seat from start to finish!

Chiefster
09-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Well if that was the one in the snow blizzard and it ended with joe hitting lake dawson in the end zone with just seconds to play then yes, that was to me the best game ever. I was at the edge of my seat from start to finish!

Was that the one that featured Marcus Allen diving in to the end zone at one point?

Argo
09-12-2009, 03:36 PM
So many great memories when I read your posts guys.

Tomorrow canīt come fast enough!!

matthewschiefs
09-12-2009, 04:46 PM
For the Chiefs games i would say the best i saw was the chiefs Colts playoff game were neither punter was used stupid colts ruined anther season.

KCraised
09-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Montana/Elway battle on MNF. That was my "remember right where i was" game. Most memorable, as far as worst, was sitting out in that God awful frigid Indy/KC 96' playoff game. Talk about a punch to the gut. I think that game set a tone in KC for the years that followed...

matthewschiefs
09-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Montana/Elway battle on MNF. That was my "remember right where i was" game. Most memorable, as far as worst, was sitting out in that God awful frigid Indy/KC 96' playoff game. Talk about a punch to the gut. I think that game set a tone in KC for the years that followed...

I rember that game so well for some reason The chiefs missed 3 field goals and lost 10-7 that was depressing.