PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Titans game thread.

honda522
09-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Go Titans!!

I hate the Steelers and I hate them even more for what I just saw.

Bo Scafe just caught a little swing pass and Harrison went straight for his knee.

BTW, guess who players for the Steelers now?

garciakcfan
09-10-2009, 10:35 PM
keyaron fox

honda522
09-10-2009, 10:52 PM
keyaron fox
Yep, he was decent. but then was cut because of what the organization had become.

chief31
09-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Go Titans!!

I hate the Steelers and I hate them even more for what I just saw.

Bo Scafe just caught a little swing pass and Harrison went straight for his knee.

BTW, guess who players for the Steelers now?

I would be irate at my players if they didn't attempt to tackle legs.

That's how you stop a runner by yourself.

The ball-carrier knows that you are coming.

Only a staionary QB is generally defensless with the football.

I find nothing dirty about tackling legs, only blocking them.

chief31
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Vincent Fuller and Cortland Finnegan just made my point.

On consecutive receptions by Heath Miller, Fuller didn't go low enough, and was trucked and injured. Whereas Finnegan went to the legs and secured a solid open-field tackle.

honda522
09-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Vincent Fuller and Cortland Finnegan just made my point.

On consecutive receptions by Heath Miller, Fuller didn't go low enough, and was trucked and injured. Whereas Finnegan went to the legs and secured a solid open-field tackle.
There is a difference when you put your helmet into there knee and wrapping up around the legs.

honda522
09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Fumble Fumble!!!!

chief31
09-10-2009, 11:38 PM
There is a difference when you put your helmet into there knee and wrapping up around the legs.

Seriously, I was kinda salty at Finnegan for not being aggressive on his leg tackle. Had he driven and gotten the legs immediately, he probably keeps Miller short of the first down, there.

If you are the ball-carrier in the open field, then beware of defenders.

Probably just not gonna agree on this one. :D

honda522
09-10-2009, 11:50 PM
GOD I HATE THE F**KING STEELERS.

I swear, they have all the luck in the dam world. Had the lost the coin toss, I bet it would of gone the other way.

Sn@keIze
09-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Great defensive game!

These are two outstanding teams.

Im pisses about Bo Sciafe because he s on my ohter fantasy team.

Every time i watch the Steelers tho i get pissed because we passed on Polumalu against Vermiels wishes.

McLovin
09-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Guess to me it all depends on which way you go for the legs, if you are heading right at the player ... might be construed as dirty if your going at them from behind or the side and you wrap and not drive through ... that is the best way to tackle. The key is to not hit the leg where you know it isnt going to be able to bend the right direction or get out of the way.

Chiefster
09-11-2009, 01:00 AM
First game of the regular season goes to OT!

honda522
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
[quote=Sn@keIze;153918

Every time i watch the Steelers tho i get pissed because we passed on Polumalu against Vermiels wishes.[/quote]

Think about it this way. Maybe he might not of been good with our team because of are awful defensive coach at the time. Steelers do have pretty coaches.