PDA

View Full Version : Girl in my class had a seziure today.

honda522
09-11-2009, 11:01 AM
It was my only class of the day today. I got there at about 10 till 9. Then at about 9 the teacher walked in, and a few seconds later someone sitting next to her said something to the teacher and how he thought she needed help. It looked like she had her head down crying, but she was unresponsive.

They called 911, and it took them like 15 mins to get there. I felt so bad, there was nothing that I knew I could do, other than to just give them space. He had us go out in the hall, and I am glad for that. She is going to look back on this and be very glad she wasn't driving.

I still can't get over it. I don't know her name, well nor do I know anyone elses name in the class either.

I was wondering if she is going to the hospital and if so how long, cause I considered getting people to put in a fund for some flowers or something like that.

Canada
09-11-2009, 11:35 AM
The amount of time she spends in the hospital will depend on the cause of the seizure. If she has a known seizure disorder then they would not keep her long. It may be that she needs an adjustment in medications, or she has been non compliant with meds. If the cause of the seizure is unknown then it may take longer as they have to diagnose the cause.

honda522
09-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I am pretty sure she doesn't have a disorder, I would think if she did, she would have alerted the instructor at the beginning of the course.

Canada
09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I am pretty sure she doesn't have a disorder, I would think if she did, she would have alerted the instructor at the beginning of the course.

If it is a problem that has been adressed she probably wouldnt tell anyone. Most people with seizure disorders have them under control and go years without having them. It may be something that was under control that is now getting worse.

McLovin
09-11-2009, 01:14 PM
If it is a problem that has been adressed she probably wouldnt tell anyone. Most people with seizure disorders have them under control and go years without having them. It may be something that was under control that is now getting worse.
My cousin in Hawaii is in his 40's he hasn't had a seizure for 15 to 20 years, the medical insurance he has just switched his meds and didn't tell him. As a result he had a seizure because his levels got too low. I agree with Canada if it has been under control why would you tell anyone. Some people feel this makes people look at them differently (and it often does). And right or wrong a big thing is in Illinois at least, if you have a seizure you cant hold a drivers license for 6 months. If someone is functional and hasn't had one recently this may want them to keep it a little quiet. I personally have been fortunate enough to not have ever had one. But I feel for those that have to go through this.

Chiefster
09-11-2009, 02:26 PM
My oldest son had a seizure disorder up intill he was about nine years old. Very little can be done for a person while having a seizure outside of doing all that is possible to make them safe depending on the type of seizure.

honda522
09-11-2009, 07:37 PM
My oldest son had a seizure disorder up intill he was about nine years old. Very little can be done for a person while having a seizure outside of doing all that is possible to make them safe depending on the type of seizure.
Well from what I understand you have to lay them on their side, I guess so they don't choke if they vomit.

Either this girl was going on with it for over 15 mins

Vanilla Garilla
09-11-2009, 08:18 PM

Holy Schnikeees, Canada being serious about something.........WOW! :sign0098:

Canada
09-11-2009, 10:45 PM

Shhhhh....I was hoping no one would notice!!:D

GlennBree
09-12-2009, 07:58 AM

Too Late!!!

rbedgood
09-12-2009, 03:23 PM
The amount of time she spends in the hospital will depend on the cause of the seizure. If she has a known seizure disorder then they would not keep her long. It may be that she needs an adjustment in medications, or she has been non compliant with meds. If the cause of the seizure is unknown then it may take longer as they have to diagnose the cause.

Nah, he's serious about a number of things...

Stout
Football
Ale
The Chiefs
Lager
Chiefs Cheerleaders
Porter
Paramedic work (which pays for his beer)
Pilsner

Ahh you get the point...Cheers Canada!

Vanilla Garilla
09-12-2009, 05:11 PM

Haha, it stuck out like a Donks fan @ arrowhead!:bananen_smilies046:

Snoopy09
09-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Juss guzzle down a beer Canizzle, it be da shizzle :D