[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4G2Ehg0HlE"]YouTube- Seinfeld : Kramer 's theory on marriage[/ame]
I'm so relieved!!! I was worried I might have offended. Sometimes it's difficult when communicating on a PC screen to know what's meant in jest or seriously...since there's no body language to view, or tone of voice to hear. I just like to clarify if in doubt, to avoid misunderstandings or hurt feelings.
Thank you for clarifying SnakeIze!! :D
I married following high school graduation, at 17. Many married after school back then, it wasn't considered young in 1972. We met & began dating at 15. We didn't have kids right away, our daughter was born when I was 20, our son at 22...they're now 34 & 32! In a blink of an eye I lost at least 20 yrs!! haha
My husband was my best friend, and I his...for 34 of our 37 yrs of marriage. Our personalities complemented one anothers in most ways. We had our differences, as all couples do, but the good memories far outweighed any bad. I'm blessed to have had 34 years of marital happiness and love.
After his heart attack scare Feb. 2007, something went wrong with his wiring, the clinical depression made him someone I didn't know, nor did our kids and friends. He was someone else in my husbands body. Lord knows I tried for 2 yrs...but, you can't help someone who won't put forth the effort to help
The divorce was hard, but it was a matter of my emotional and physical well being and necessary...my husband understood that, so did our family. Our divorce wasn't 'ugly', and though we don't talk often, having moved on...we remain 'friends' on some level.
He use to ask me for advice related to his emotional and life issues, including his problems with current live in girlfriend, hahaha. I finally told him he was gonna have to figure it for himself, cause I just couldn't advise him on his girlfriend problems, haha. He mixed himself up with a bad gal, and doesn't know how to get out now. He told me & the kids, "her book of bad life deeds is full". I'll spare y'all the details from that point.
Marriage is work, a full time job & then some on both sides. It takes two willing to compromise and make an effort...only one participating usually ends up bad. Mutual respect in every aspect for sure.
The rewards and blessings of marriage can't be compared to those of being single...not in my opinion. I miss my best friend, I miss many things marriage brings to one's life, but...I know I'm where God wants me to be. It's in God's hands whether or not I will have another best friend in life. If not, I know God will always be my best friend. :)
We always hear"the rules"from the female side.
Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note...these are all numbered "1"ON PURPOSE!
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides.
Let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport.
And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!
1. Yes and No areperfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problemonly if you want help solving it.
That's what we do.
Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is aproblem. See a doctor.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after7 days.
1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant theother one.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus didnot need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color.
Pumpkin is also a fruit.
We haveno idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, itwill be scratched.
We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong.
We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...Really.
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape.Round is a shape.
1. Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping out.
Those are GREAT!! hahahaha
Sunday sports rule #1 I get! My x-hub wasn't raised a Chiefs fan, he followed my lead. He is now, but not diehard like me. He never wanted to get up early enough to tailgate when we went to Arrowhead. My first time tailgating in life was with YZILLA & his group the home opener against the Raiders. :D
X-hub hated going to Draft Day, nor did he enjoy going to the HOF in Canton back in 2002 the first time I was there. If it hadn't of been for our mutual friend Robert wanting to go, we wouldn't have went. He did enjoy going to games at Arrowhead though, & watching football on TV like I do, we didn't have that difference.
Shopping sport rule #1 I get! I'm not a shopper like most girls for clothes & shoes, in fact I rarely do, only when I need to. I don't like typical mall shopping, don't even usually go when my girlfriends ask me along. I like shopping for Chiefs memorabilia in antique malls or Ebay. Do most my shopping on line.
Too many Shoes rule #1... I don't have many girly shoes, not 'me'...but do love cowboy boots and Chiefs tennis shoes! Nice thing about boots is they're timeless. I still have & wear boots I've had 20 yrs, I take good care of them. :D
I get discussing the monster truck rule #1, but not baseball or shotgun formation, football I can discuss! haha. I prefer trucks over cars...unless it's a muscle car! My dream car is an original Shelby Cobra! I'll never have one, they're for the rich, but I can dream!