The bad.....and the good
- The offensive line was horrible. This reminds me of the Raiders game in week 17 last year...They just sent blitz after blitz. The Chiefs had no answer, and they definitely didn't today.
- The defensive backfield...Anytime you get carved up by Matt Moore, you need to take a long look in the mirror. Lewis went down early, and our safety play went to the crapper from there...Not to mention the corners brought one of their worst games of the year.
- Cassel...Nothing good to say really. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that he faced a lot of pressure today, but the Dolphins were bringing 6-7 guys. There has to be a remedy for that b/c the O-line can't contain that. Where are the quick outs, the bubble screens? When he did have time, he was very inaccurate.
- The defensive pass rush...When Hali was getting bottled up (albeit by one of the best tackles in the league in Jake Long), there was nothing in the form of pressure on the quarterback from anyone else on the D-line.
- Getting our sheeite kicked in at home. Just shouldn't happen, plain and simple, and this is what, the 4th time in the last 7 home?
That's all. Go Chiefs, please fix some things this week in practice. The game tape on this game is a pretty textbook way to beat the Chiefs (bring the heat).
- The Raiders and Dolts lost...yay. Still makes me feel kinda sick that we could have a 1-game lead in the AFC "Breast".
Add to the bad that San Diego played the same game we did Monday night and had the same week to prepare and were able to go toe to toe with the defending champs by putting up 38 points.
Add to the good they gave up 45.
This division is going to kill me someday.