Sad - just sad.
After our 2nd consecutive blowout loss to start the season, I put forth several glaring needs that Pioli should had addressed by now - his 4th year:
1. Quarterback - Cassel is a backup at best
2. Right Corner - Routt not the answer
3. Free Safety - Lewis/Daniels special teamers at best
4. Kick Returner - Arenas not getting it done
5. Left ILB - Belcher looks lost
6. Left DE - Tyson Jacksons time has come and gone
7. Right DE - Dorseys time has come and gone
8. Left Guard - Lilja getting blown away - maybe start Allen
We shouldn't be as bad as we are in now, our 4th year of the Pioli era. Therefore:
9. General manager
10. Head Coach
11. Offensive Coordinator
12. Defensive Coordinator
Obviously, I'm frustrated.
Before I respond, I want to thank you for actually posting something constructive that wasn't just negative.
I guess it is Pioli's 4th year, remember that it takes time for some players to develop. (Not Defending Pioli)
1. I agree with you on Cassel. I loved when they brought him in but when I saw his seven? year contract they threw at him I knew it was going to be bad. He would have been great for a team that needed 1-2 years to rebuild and mold a young qb.
2. Routt has never been good. We didn't have a chance at Carr and I'm not sure what else was out there. Carr leaving wasn't Pioli's fault.
3. Lewis is a solid free safety, he's still very raw and if Berry starts being Berry again it will hide his flaws.
4. Wylie time?
5. Belcher isn't the answer...
6. Tyson...bad experiment. Probalby a better 4-3 DE
7. Dorsey...Drafted as a 4-3 DT, changed to a 3-4 DE...tough
8. Not all the O-lines fault, it's blitz city with having to throw every down.
And our coaching carousel is insane, you can't win with that many ongoing quick fixes...
Sadly, I agree with most of what you say but every team has blemishes...it's just how you cover them up.
Thanks for responding. And, yes, I understand that these changes cannot all be made at once. There are no easy answers at this point.
Originally Posted by Subversion
We hired a head coach that didn't have success in his last Head Coaching job. People seem to like him as a DC, but under his DC coaching we had 6 Blowout losses spanning last year and the last few games of the previous year. He's not a winner, and yet he gets another chance. His planning inability showed the last two weeks. And he's doing two jobs, neigher do I believe he's able to do. And he brought in his buddy as OC from Cleveland where he also failed. Anybody wonder why we suck? Oh, and our GM and owners are happy to be 10's of millions under the cap every year. Don't take this as negative, take it as just an observation!
I want Quinn to get a shot with the Starters just to see if we can get some more points.
Romeo should be fired from head coach PERIOD. Matt Cassel needs to be moved to 2nd string and next year we need to do w.e possible to get what is suposed to be the best of the best out of college. The QB in the nfl makes the team. Look what RG3 is doing for the redskins! Last year I said it 100 times if we didn't get a QB we were just going to go through the same ****. Cassel is 2nd string best. With any pressure he folds or throws the ball away. And he NEVER gives a play a chance. If he doesn't see what he likes he throws the ball in the dirt. Never hated a player like I do Matt Cassel. I agree with the other solutions above, but the #1 thing needed is a QB. With our receiving/running game we should be able to put up 35 points on teams like the bills we played today. Cassel needs to go!
Or he is waiting for the replacement refs to stop screwing up football games?
Originally Posted by My Man Orton
Nice Bike-Veteran answer. Too old to jokebook Need a like? Coach never an answer.. $ Chiefs get some,SPEND $ (lately Carr) Spend All about the matchups Drunk post Night CRowd
Originally Posted by spiman
Nothing says that game sucked like several beers to get through that game :lol: :toast2: :chiefs: