I know you were talking about offense and like I said coaches limit EVERYTHING in the preseason. And in 99% of preseason games you wouldn't see the blitz in the amount the niners were doing in the preseason.
Originally Posted by MyManHali
And tell me what besides you didn't see it do you know that he wasn't making adjustments. Lets face facts Smith got drilled on pressure right up the middle on a play designed for a screen pass as soon as he got the ball. What play in the history of the NFL is designed for the Center to let that happen IT HAPPENED. The O line play was bad face it. That's not on Alex Smith no matter how much you want to pretend it is just because you can't get over the fact the Chiefs did not get the QB you wanted.
Originally Posted by jap1
if you watch carefully in the upper right corner their is another defender 5 yds beyond baldwin, when alex is past his defender to make a throw, the deep defender would have easily closed on the ball/baldwin to make a play. it probably was a good decision to throw it away.
What it comes down to is he is getting mad at Alex Smith for DOING THE RIGHT THING!!! Crazy. But, that is why Alex Smith is a starting qb in the nfl and this guy is....just your average know-it-all on the internet.
Originally Posted by chiefnut
If I may, I think I should introduce a little reality here.
1) Smith led a very nice drive against New Orleans.
2) Smith looked considerably less than stellar against the 9ers.
3) Nothing shown so far to anoint him the second coming of Christ or to call out the lynching party.
4) He is our quarterback for better or worse for this season.
5) Some people hate him. Some love him. Smart people have a wait and see attitude. We'll find out over the course of a season. Not from 2 preseason games.
6) Since he is what we have for this season, I would hope that Chiefs fans will treat him fairly rather than desperately trying to drive home their opinions. If he shows he stinks, we'll all call for his head on a platter.
7) Hopefully the haters will admit if he turns out to do a good job. Got my doubts though.
My prediction for Alex Smith:
3,300 yards 22 TD's 7 INT's
Dwayne Bowe 850 yards 4 TD's
Smith I think will do good his first year in a new offense managing games. He may not be the super star most had hoped, but he'll make others around him look much better, like he did with Gore and Vernon Davis. I'm willing to bet Anthony Fasano has more yards and catches than any receiver on your roster.
Lol I was yelling at the tv on that wide open play ...
Hopefully Smith will get the respect he deserves in KC that was denied him in SF!