Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Official KC VS Ravens game thread

Default Official KC VS Ravens game thread

Hey guy's guys post your play by play thoughts here.. Along with post game comments. So we don'y have a million threads..
    Thanks

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Score isnt everything. The first half was horrible by Croyle and the Offense. Period. I thought the Defense had a great first half. By the time Brodie got going it was late in the game. I didn't see all the problems on the O-line that everyone else did either, I think this game is one to build on and based on the first half, I believe it we would have had a quarterback in there that could play we would have won this game. Things would have been far different if we would have been ahead until they got that 2nd to last TD.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

One thing that hasn't been mentioned much, 3 Penalities for 15 yards. I am liking the Pioli/Haley dicipline.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned much, 3 Penalities for 15 yards. I am liking the Pioli/Haley dicipline.
    Good call McLovin, i was thinking that as well. Baltimore was sloppy, but our Chiefs were very disciplined, and had far less penalties than i expected.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I dont think a Super Bowl team was expected. But i would expect at least more than 1 first down before 2 minutes left in the half....i think the first half was the worst half ive ever seen played by an NFL team. We have an unbelievably long season ahead of us.
    You've got to be kidding. In all the history of the NFL, the worst half of football you have ever seen was played by a team that had next to no penalties, didn't turn the ball over, and kept the score pretty close?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    The worst half you've ever seen played by a team was 10-7? That's kind of interesting.
    Ha.....if you think that score honestly represented that garbage effort, i think you might wanna give it another look. At one point, baltimore had 11 first downs....we had ZERO. Do you really think thats showing a productive effort?

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Ha.....if you think that score honestly represented that garbage effort, i think you might wanna give it another look. At one point, baltimore had 11 first downs....we had ZERO. Do you really think thats showing a productive effort?
    All I see is us being conservative because we didn't wanna turn it over.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If that is the case, we need another approach because it earned us an L.
    Lets not do that anymore.....

The point about the penalty situation is a good one. That means the penalties weren't the drive killers. The drive killers were just the flat out inability to execute plays. So, you can't use the crutch of the good old penalty. That, to me, makes it a much worse scenario.
    Sorry for venting. I just hate to see this team in such a mess. Got alot of years invested in this team and its just a shame....

Well, it's the first game of the season and, while we are all frustrated at yet another loss, I'm not writing off Haley or the thought of at least a few more wins this season then we had last year at this point. We are rebuilding, no doubts there, and it's going to take a while to get were we all want this team to go.

Default Kc Qb

I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to put this out there (keep in mind - I am in NO WAY claiming to be an expert!)...I really feel that the new coach does not like Thigpen. They put him in so briefly that he didn't even have a chance to really showcase his skills. I know that last year basically sucked, but I feel that Thigpen has some raw talent that with a little work he could become a great QB. The biggest fault of most QBs nowdays is that they are AFRAID TO RUN. If they get even the slightest pressure or don't see someone to throw to than they just basically throw away the ball which is ridiculous. I liked that Thigpen moved around a lot and even though they didn't win very much last season - it defintely helped get a lot of first downs and touchdowns from what I remember. I'm not impressed with Croyle at all. They didn't even get a first down until what the first half was over? It seems like Croyle is given all these opportunities and he really doesn't shine to me in the slightest. Yes, there were some smart moves but mostly I think KC fans are just being optimistic. I think Croyle should take a back seat to Thigpen personally.