Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Official KC VS Ravens game thread

Default Official KC VS Ravens game thread

Hey guy's guys post your play by play thoughts here.. Along with post game comments. So we don'y have a million threads..
    Thanks

I was so excited about us keeping pace with the ravens the whole game that i really didnt think about the players and how they played. I knew the D wasn't looking too good when the RB's would get 5 yards on every run and when flaco passed it out in the flats they almost always got a first. I'm not sure how many times we made them punt but i think it was low.

Our offense still needs work (mainly the O-line because they are the main thing for offense). The score should not look as bad as it did. Ravens just had to go up by 14. Like i said i was more excited at the fact we took the lead at one point and that we didn't quit and were still in it.

Also, i'm really really (can't curse) pissed at Denver...they always get these dumb breaks....i feel like karma hit me cuz i was in a bar full of donky fans and denver had the ball and i look at my friend and say out loud "how many game winning drives has Orton completed.....0!!!" then the lucky break happen....the denver victory really made my day worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well, it's the first game of the season and, while we are all frustrated at yet another loss, I'm not writing off Haley or the thought of at least a few more wins this season then we had last year at this point. We are rebuilding, no doubts there, and it's going to take a while to get were we all want this team to go.
    I can honestly see us winning 6 or 7 this season. Unfortunately the schedule makers did us no favors this first half so most of them will probably come in the second half of the season. We have a brutal stretch after the Raiders , who we should beat. Philly, the Giants, Dallas and Washington all in a row. I can see us sweeping the Raiders and the Donks, beating Cleveland, Cincy, and perhaps the Bills. If we could split with the Chargers 8-8 is not inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by amwoods22 View Post
    I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to put this out there (keep in mind - I am in NO WAY claiming to be an expert!)...I really feel that the new coach does not like Thigpen. They put him in so briefly that he didn't even have a chance to really showcase his skills. I know that last year basically sucked, but I feel that Thigpen has some raw talent that with a little work he could become a great QB. The biggest fault of most QBs nowdays is that they are AFRAID TO RUN. If they get even the slightest pressure or don't see someone to throw to than they just basically throw away the ball which is ridiculous. I liked that Thigpen moved around a lot and even though they didn't win very much last season - it defintely helped get a lot of first downs and touchdowns from what I remember. I'm not impressed with Croyle at all. They didn't even get a first down until what the first half was over? It seems like Croyle is given all these opportunities and he really doesn't shine to me in the slightest. Yes, there were some smart moves but mostly I think KC fans are just being optimistic. I think Croyle should take a back seat to Thigpen personally.
    Croyle had a career game and played better than anyone on the entire team yesterday. He had over 7 yards per pass attempt, 0 interceptions, 2 touchdowns.

Thigpen was absolutely terrible in the preseason and is completely incapable of dropping back from under center and delivering a good pass. I like him, but he's never looked anything less than terrible in a normal offense.

Honestly if anyone here expects Cassel to do better than 7 yards per pass attempt with 2 TDs and 0 INTs in a typical game, I think you're going to be pretty disappointed. Brodie played a great game yesterday.

I don't think he's better than Cassel, but I don't think Cassel's going to play better in a typical game than Crolye played yesterday.

We knew going in this team had some holes and they were exposed sunday. The entire ol needs help - left, right, and center, especially when Waters retires. Pioli/Haley might want to consider fixing it. Mays let us know why he was undrafted and left the middle open all day. Needs to be fixed. And we need a man to get to the qb. I don't care if its Jackson or Hali. But whoever it is, he needs to be unleashed. A DT type of role thats not constantly required to drop back in coverage. Who cares if its a freakin' run play. Unleash somebody to cause havoc behind the line of scrimmage.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by amwoods22 View Post
    I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to put this out there (keep in mind - I am in NO WAY claiming to be an expert!)...I really feel that the new coach does not like Thigpen. They put him in so briefly that he didn't even have a chance to really showcase his skills. I know that last year basically sucked, but I feel that Thigpen has some raw talent that with a little work he could become a great QB. The biggest fault of most QBs nowdays is that they are AFRAID TO RUN. If they get even the slightest pressure or don't see someone to throw to than they just basically throw away the ball which is ridiculous. I liked that Thigpen moved around a lot and even though they didn't win very much last season - it defintely helped get a lot of first downs and touchdowns from what I remember. I'm not impressed with Croyle at all. They didn't even get a first down until what the first half was over? It seems like Croyle is given all these opportunities and he really doesn't shine to me in the slightest. Yes, there were some smart moves but mostly I think KC fans are just being optimistic. I think Croyle should take a back seat to Thigpen personally.
    I'm a Thigpen fan as well, but he did get quite a bit of playing time in preseason with broken ribs and because of that condition and the fact that he is primarily a spread offense QB he didn't do as well in the traditional NFL offensive set IMO. I would like to see him heal up from his broken ribs before getting too much more time on the playing field.

In the situation described above: I would rather see a QB throw the ball away then take a sack or throw an interception because he made a hasty decision under duress. Again, JMHO.

huge problems at various places, but honestly, i am happy with the performance overall. i think it's promising for the rest of the year. we were so close to beating the ravens. :(

Quote Originally Posted by rcgamer View Post
    I can honestly see us winning 6 or 7 this season. Unfortunately the schedule makers did us no favors this first half so most of them will probably come in the second half of the season. We have a brutal stretch after the Raiders , who we should beat. Philly, the Giants, Dallas and Washington all in a row. I can see us sweeping the Raiders and the Donks, beating Cleveland, Cincy, and perhaps the Bills. If we could split with the Chargers 8-8 is not inconceivable.

Agreed, anything is possible at this point and for the first time in three seasons we could also be looking at what is probable as well. :)

I felt that they kept it closer than most people expected. I will agree that they looked horrible in the first half, but I saw something in the 2nd half that we never got to see under the Herm regime.... that being 'adjustments'.

They mixed up the offense in the 2nd half, but by the end of the 3rd quarter the defense was gassed from being on the field for so long.
    Hopefully they can figure out how to be aggressive in the first half and get more than 3 first downs... that was a bit hard to swallow.

I think I saw what Haley said we'd see: a team that would not give up.

Absolutaly no pass rush. Our worst problem not fixed!

Special teams was great! If we can just get a return man tho. But the punt block, Colquitt was awesome (im going to let that shanked one slide). Oh, and how about Succop! Its not just the field goal, its nice to see a kicker that can kick it off into the endzone, one went past the endzone.