Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Official KC VS Ravens game thread

Default Official KC VS Ravens game thread

Hey guy's guys post your play by play thoughts here.. Along with post game comments. So we don'y have a million threads..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Why is everyone bashing Croyle? He played really well all things considered.

16-24, 177 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 116.1 QB rating.

Geez, what do you want from the guy. It's not his fault the Ravens had 500 yards on offense. What about the fact that we only had 29 rushing yards, or the fact that the middle of the field and the flats were open all day? Croyle was the last of our problems today.
    I agree, I was proud of Croyle today, probably the best (smartest) game of his career thus far, and hey he actually stayed healthy.

The better team won today folks, simple as that. They played better ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I agree, I was proud of Croyle today, probably the best (smartest) game of his career thus far, and hey he actually stayed healthy.

The better team won today folks, simple as that. They played better ball.

I 100% agree the Raves at this point are the better team. The loss was a TEAM Loss. You can probley put some on brodie but you can put it some on EVERYONE that played. you can put some on ALL THE COACHING staff. This was a team loss. Brodie played well and for the most part so did the Chiefs. The Ravens have the better team its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    We have no chance at all against the Ravens, all I heard from some so called fans all week. Then tied with 2 minutes to go and lose partially because the D was on the field 40 Minutes, and this team is no better then last year. I think if we went 15-1 and made it to the Super Bowl but lost some of these people would still be wanting Hermie back and Haley fired.

But it must be his and Pioli's/Haley's fault, out of 30 gone that were on the team last year 2 have jobs ... One of them being Tony Gonzales. But several of the posters on this board obviously are much smarter then Pioli/Haley.

I am quite sure Brodie is starting QB talent, for a college team, I am not even sure he would be a starter in the CFL (No Offense to CFL fans) I agree with the comment that if Brodie is the backup then all QB's not named Cassel should be cut. Brodie's numbers (although low) looked ok 116 qb rating, but if you watched his play was not impressive, he looked like a scared schoolgirl.
    First of all, we always have a chance. Brodie is not starting QB talent, not close. I myself like Pioli and Haley both, I think given the time this team will get better. We have over 7 million left to spend, I do think the money we did spend and what we have left could have gone to more and in some cases better talent but again, for whatever reason it didn't. They did better than I expected. This is a new team from top to bottom and I for one expected a slow start, our oline will have to do alot better than they did today if Cassel is going to make it for the remaining 15 games. There was alot of things that went wrong today and alot was learned, now it's time to move on and take care of the raiders.

For any of you bashing Pioli, Haley, the team- a question. Did you really, honestly expect to be wowed and amazed with a super bowl-ready team right now? You didn't think it would take a season or so?

There were definitely some positives to take from this game- and it was a game against a pretty good team. Just wait until we're playing the Donkeys and the Gayders- I'm guessing we're going to look a lot better.

Still, I'm guessing we're going to need to address RT during the draft next year. And maybe (almost definitely) center.

jb

I was at a bar today for the game and the owner told me if the chiefs were getting blown out he would have to change the tv to another game for other people since there were not a lot of tv's. I couldn't believe the game was tied going into the fourth quarter and I got to watch the whole game.

This was a tough team to start the season against and I think next week will be a lot more fun and have a lot more meaning. Remember, this is a whole new team setup and a lot was learned this week.

I thought we did pretty well, had a shot until the very end against a division/conference champ on the road opening weekend...all with a backup QB, new coaching staff, and a terrible O-Line...like i said way earlier, if we would have scored first and early, this game would have been alot different...but it didnt go that way, and we barely lost...good game Ravens, and the Chiefs will look much better wk.2 and once we get Flowers and Cassell back in the lineup...

good 2nd half....i think that is important

I think Croyle played pretty good considering the amount of time he had to find his target and hit it. I wish we were throwing further down the field, but Bowe was covered all the time.

We need an Oline to better protect any QB that we have. And we need a defense that does not give their QB time to balance his check book while waiting to throw.

It would have been great to have seen more catches by D-Bowe but his 1 TD catch is better than nothing. Hopefully next week he and Cassel will get a few TD's on the Faiders.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    For any of you bashing Pioli, Haley, the team- a question. Did you really, honestly expect to be wowed and amazed with a super bowl-ready team right now? You didn't think it would take a season or so?

There were definitely some positives to take from this game- and it was a game against a pretty good team. Just wait until we're playing the Donkeys and the Gayders- I'm guessing we're going to look a lot better.

Still, I'm guessing we're going to need to address RT during the draft next year. And maybe (almost definitely) center.

jb
    I dont think a Super Bowl team was expected. But i would expect at least more than 1 first down before 2 minutes left in the half....i think the first half was the worst half ive ever seen played by an NFL team. We have an unbelievably long season ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I dont think a Super Bowl team was expected. But i would expect at least more than 1 first down before 2 minutes left in the half....i think the first half was the worst half ive ever seen played by an NFL team. We have an unbelievably long season ahead of us.
    The worst half you've ever seen played by a team was 10-7? That's kind of interesting.