Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: It was NOT Croyle's fault

Default It was NOT Croyle's fault

I know you would like to blame Brody for the loss, but I request you look back at the game, and the stats when you sober up / take your meds. Brody performed fine...When you are pulling your facemask out of the turf every down, bad things are going to happen...He threw for two TD's with a line that was not protecting him at all.

I respectfully ask you to please place the blame where it belongs, and that would be on the O-Line and the management/staff of the Chiefs who refused to do anything about the O-line, even though it was painfully obvious that it was a huge problem.

In closing, please take your head of your *** and stop pointing the finger at Croyle, who did very well for a backup QB. If you think he will 'not have a job Monday' etc etc...then you're WRONG. One look at the tape, and everyone will see where the real problem is.

Respectfully,

KC Maniac
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-14-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comment

Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand your point here....You say the point is for people to 'talk' but then you say 'a message board is irrelevant.'

If you think the board is irrelevant, then why do you spend time posting and reading other people's posts?

The fact that you think it is irrelevant is your opinion...

Also it is very odd, considering how much time you seem to spend on something that is 'irrelevant' in your own words...

I guess I am confused, or maybe I just don't speak Canadian...
    Its irrelevant what anyones opinion is on this board. Do you honestly think that Pioli or Haley are gonna play Brodie all the time because someone on a message boeard says he was good last week? My original point was that arguin whether or not Brodie had a good game is irrelevant in our loss. It was due to many other factors. Perhaps it wasn't the Canadian that confused you, maybe I just used too many big words.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Funny, in April when I was here complaining about trading for 2 mediocre(at best) recievers instead of tending to the O & D line, I got attacked en masse. Glad to see some others have come to realize it, but more fan pressure back then may have helped kick the management in the @ss to try to snag a couple studs to plug the holes in the line.
    The majority of people on this board agreed with you with the exception of a couple of guys who are looking for home runs all the time. What some people fail to realize is you could have the best receivers and best quarterback in the game, if you do not have an offesive line, you can't do jack.

With no offensive line, you see exactly what we have right now. A lot of little short passes, screen passes and failed running attempts. Unless you have guys that can give you a little time to find the open receiver, a little time for the receiver to get open, or enough strength to open a hole to let the runner run through, the best you can hope for is to find a quick route to dump the ball off to fast. That's why we do that so often. It becomes a case of dump off to the first guy I see that is open because I know I am going to be creamed in about .one-quarter of one second. If I don't.

And yet we go out and get ANOTHER wide receiver as if wide receiver is the source of all our problems. We can only play so many at a time for Pete's sake.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Its irrelevant what anyones opinion is on this board. Do you honestly think that Pioli or Haley are gonna play Brodie all the time because someone on a message boeard says he was good last week? My original point was that arguin whether or not Brodie had a good game is irrelevant in our loss. It was due to many other factors. Perhaps it wasn't the Canadian that confused you, maybe I just used too many big words.

Not really. What was confusinmg is a guy with enough time to make over 10 THOUSAND posts saying that 'forums are irrelevant.'

You make no point whatsoever....

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The majority of people on this board agreed with you with the exception of a couple of guys who are looking for home runs all the time. What some people fail to realize is you could have the best receivers and best quarterback in the game, if you do not have an offesive line, you can't do jack.

With no offensive line, you see exactly what we have right now. A lot of little short passes, screen passes and failed running attempts. Unless you have guys that can give you a little time to find the open receiver, a little time for the receiver to get open, or enough strength to open a hole to let the runner run through, the best you can hope for is to find a quick route to dump the ball off to fast. That's why we do that so often. It becomes a case of dump off to the first guy I see that is open because I know I am going to be creamed in about .one-quarter of one second. If I don't.

And yet we go out and get ANOTHER wide receiver as if wide receiver is the source of all our problems. We can only play so many at a time for Pete's sake.

+REP

Finally someone with some common sense. Adding more WR's...What the hell is that going to do when we cant keep our QB off the ground for more than a couple steps?

I guarantee I am as big of a fan as anyone in here, but I just don't believe in sugarcoating things or ignoring things...Or saying things are hunky dory. Seems to be a too few too many kool aid drinkers...Maybe I'll come back in a few weeks and see who is left...But I have a feeling the "Larry Johnson" train is going to be derailed and the kool aid drinkers will still be pointing the finger at everything else other than the real problems (The two LINES).

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Funny, in April when I was here complaining about trading for 2 mediocre(at best) recievers instead of tending to the O & D line, I got attacked en masse. Glad to see some others have come to realize it, but more fan pressure back then may have helped kick the management in the @ss to try to snag a couple studs to plug the holes in the line.

Also +REP

In April, I was also against the Tyson Jackson pick. Please don't get me wrong, Jackson may turn out to be a monster (or he may not...). That to me doesn't matter so much....What matters more is what we COULDVE had with our pick...

I mean we HAD Jared Allen, who is awesome. Why did we get rid of him to draft Jackson, and then NOT draft a stud O-lineman.

The best thing (my opinion) would've been to trade our 4th pick down and get 2 O-lineman. Or One stud lineman and a lesser D-lineman....

Bottom line, only time will tell...But I think we couldve won more games sooner going with O-line instead of Jackson (Like Monroe).

It was almost like giving up on this entire season to me. We gave up on the offensive line, and basically threw this season away.

I really hope Jackson is worth it in a couple seasons, otherwise what a waste.

Not really. What was confusinmg is a guy with enough time to make over 10 THOUSAND posts saying that 'forums are irrelevant.'

You make no point whatsoever....
    dude, its a passtime. I like talking Chiefs with people but I dont think the comments made on here are going to change the world. Is this really that difficult for you to grasp?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    dude, its a passtime. I like talking Chiefs with people but I dont think the comments made on here are going to change the world. Is this really that difficult for you to grasp?
    Wait a second here..........Your telling me that my posts here aren't gonna change the world. WTF have i wasted all this time here for then???

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Wait a second here..........Your telling me that my posts here aren't gonna change the world. WTF have i wasted all this time here for then???
    The stimulating company, the great conversation, and the interesting personalities.

I mean we HAD Jared Allen, who is awesome. Why did we get rid of him to draft Jackson, and then NOT draft a stud O-lineman.

What are you talking about? We didn't get rid of Jared Allen to draft Jackson. That happened the year before under the last GM.

+REP

Finally someone with some common sense. Adding more WR's...What the hell is that going to do when we cant keep our QB off the ground for more than a couple steps?

I guarantee I am as big of a fan as anyone in here, but I just don't believe in sugarcoating things or ignoring things...Or saying things are hunky dory. Seems to be a too few too many kool aid drinkers...Maybe I'll come back in a few weeks and see who is left...But I have a feeling the "Larry Johnson" train is going to be derailed and the kool aid drinkers will still be pointing the finger at everything else other than the real problems (The two LINES).
    Actually neither of you guys make sense. Bobby Wade will return punts for this team without dropping them. Thats why he is here. Not to "add another reciever."

Stop crying all over the place, your gettin my keyboard wet. Just because people arent running around talking bad about their favorite team (like you) doesnt mean that they are "sugar coating things."

Listen pal, This team that so many people here cherish, went 2-14 last year. Our GM and Head coach has done as much as they could possibly do within the past 8 months to put something worthwhile out on the field. Including the toughest training camp in pro football. As Chiefs fans, we read, listened, and followed every step of this process only to laughed at on CBS sports and talked bad about by the opposing teams QB. We played what some people consider a Super Bowl contender that finally has an offense. A historically tough team. These 53 players that ONLY Chiefs fans know or care about, went out there and played hard for 60 minutes. We were ahead near halftime and had the game tied up with 2 minutes left. If you dont expect these men and woman (fans) to be happy about this and the possibilties that this team has, than you are either blind or just not that into the Chiefs, Mr. Maniac. You dont sound like too crazy of a fan to me anyway. Why dont you go p!ss on somebody elses forum buddy! I heard the Raiders gotta good one.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast