Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 107

Thread: It was NOT Croyle's fault

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default It was NOT Croyle's fault


    0 Not allowed!
    I know you would like to blame Brody for the loss, but I request you look back at the game, and the stats when you sober up / take your meds. Brody performed fine...When you are pulling your facemask out of the turf every down, bad things are going to happen...He threw for two TD's with a line that was not protecting him at all.

    I respectfully ask you to please place the blame where it belongs, and that would be on the O-Line and the management/staff of the Chiefs who refused to do anything about the O-line, even though it was painfully obvious that it was a huge problem.

    In closing, please take your head of your *** and stop pointing the finger at Croyle, who did very well for a backup QB. If you think he will 'not have a job Monday' etc etc...then you're WRONG. One look at the tape, and everyone will see where the real problem is.

    Respectfully,

    KC Maniac
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-14-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comment

  2. #81
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Maybe Croyle is still 'a bumb'. But he did pretty decent this time. Do we really need to try and twist that to fit it into the 'bumb' image?

    +rep

    Another person with common sense!


  3. #82
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    We have been at each others throats for as long as we have been online.

    But, seriously, the defense allowed almost 5 YPC (4.8), 198 net rushing yards, and 307 passing yards.

    Meanwhile, the rushing offense averaged less than two yards per carry.

    That is all horrible.

    And Croyle led the pasing game with 66.6 completion percentage, two TDs, and 177 yards. Not to mention zero turnovers.

    That's a solid day for any NFL QB. And a very good day for guy in Croyle's situation.

    With all the injuries he has been through, and the amount of pressure the Ravens' defense was able to get, is it really difficult to expect him to be 'jitterey'?

    With the hateful tone that so many fans have taken with him, can we not see where maybe he would be a bit nervous?

    And despite the nerves, he still manages to loosen up in the second half, to put up some very good numbers, with a few very good throws.

    I'm not trying to crown the guy this season's Thiggy. But the passing game was the only part of this team that did well. (There was a good ST play too)

    And they did well against The Baltimore Ravens defense.

    It's like looking at a lineup of five murderers and a jay-walker, and trying to say that the jay-walker is the bane of society.

    Maybe Croyle is still 'a bumb'. But he did pretty decent this time. Do we really need to try and twist that to fit it into the 'bumb' image?
    Nicely put.


  4. #83
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,011
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Our defense just wore down because we couldn't get a running game going.
    Disagree somewhat. Our defense was wore down because they couldn't get THEMSELVES off the field. It was the DEFENSE that allowed all the 3rd down conversions. It was the DEFENSE that couldn't get to the qb. It was the DEFENSE that left the middle of the field wide open. It was the DEFENSE that allowed sustained drives. Granted they tied up our offense. If we coulda just returned the favor...
    SHUT IT

  5. #84
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Disagree somewhat. Our defense was wore down because they couldn't get THEMSELVES off the field. It was the DEFENSE that allowed all the 3rd down conversions. It was the DEFENSE that couldn't get to the qb. It was the DEFENSE that left the middle of the field wide open. It was the DEFENSE that allowed sustained drives. Granted they tied up our offense. If we coulda just returned the favor...
    This... though it was a combination of both. But when you're giving up 5+ yards every run, you're going to be on the field a lot.

  6. #85
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Disagree somewhat. Our defense was wore down because they couldn't get THEMSELVES off the field. It was the DEFENSE that allowed all the 3rd down conversions. It was the DEFENSE that couldn't get to the qb. It was the DEFENSE that left the middle of the field wide open. It was the DEFENSE that allowed sustained drives. Granted they tied up our offense. If we coulda just returned the favor...
    The defense got themselves off the field plenty in the first half, when the held they held the Ravens to 10 points. We couldn't get a first down for the first 28 minutes fo the game. That's what doomed us.

  7. #86
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,011
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The defense got themselves off the field plenty in the first half, when the held they held the Ravens to 10 points. We couldn't get a first down for the first 28 minutes fo the game. That's what doomed us.
    No doubt. I was just pointing out that our lack of a running game was not the only reason our defense was wore out...
    SHUT IT

  8. #87
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    The lines are without a doubt the trouble spots for us, but let's not forget that:

    a. This is one of the best defenses in the league. Our O-line was bound to look extra crappy against this bunch.
    I really think that Baltimore is one of the 2-3 best teams in the AFC. They have are solid in all 3 aspects of the game. Probably the most balanced team in the AFC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post

    Listen pal, This team that so many people here cherish, went 2-14 last year. Our GM and Head coach has done as much as they could possibly do within the past 8 months to put something worthwhile out on the field. Including the toughest training camp in pro football. As Chiefs fans, we read, listened, and followed every step of this process only to laughed at on CBS sports and talked bad about by the opposing teams QB. We played what some people consider a Super Bowl contender that finally has an offense. A historically tough team. These 53 players that ONLY Chiefs fans know or care about, went out there and played hard for 60 minutes. We were ahead near halftime and had the game tied up with 2 minutes left. If you dont expect these men and woman (fans) to be happy about this and the possibilties that this team has, than you are either blind or just not that into the Chiefs, Mr. Maniac. You dont sound like too crazy of a fan to me anyway. Why dont you go p!ss on somebody elses forum buddy! I heard the Raiders gotta good one.
    Thanks for posting what I was thinking.


  9. #88
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yah You guys are right, the Chiefs just lost in a close game, because Baltimore is such a great team....

    Lets all have a group hug and pretend we're gonna be 8-8 this season...

    LOL

    I guess since the Head Hancho of this site wants me to go be a raiders fan, I will take my que and leave.

    Have fun this season fellas.

  10. #89
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    Yah You guys are right, the Chiefs just lost in a close game, because Baltimore is such a great team....

    Lets all have a group hug and pretend we're gonna be 8-8 this season...

    LOL

    I guess since the Head Hancho of this site wants me to go be a raiders fan, I will take my que and leave.

    Have fun this season fellas.
    We're richer for having lost you.

  11. #90
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    I truly disagree with this. He is a backup QB, and he DID HIS JOB. In fact he did it quite well. 2 TD's, 16/24, 115+ passer rating....If you get those numbers out of any QB on any team in the NFL , you should be happy. Of course he is going to be uncomfortable when he is picking himself up off the turf every play and getting hit like that.. He did his job and did well. I am pretty shocked by those who just want to place the blame on him instead of looking at the other problems...

    I think the reason people want to blame Croyle is that it makes them feel better or is easier and gives them hope that if we had a different QB, that the result of the game or of this season would be different....

    Sorry if you do not like it but the truth hurts sometimes. As bad as you may think Croyle is , he was the BEST part of the team today.
    Your post brought to mind a comment Lenny Dawson made once upon a time, somewhat in agreement with your opinion. Something along the lines of...when a game is won the QB gets all the glory/praise, but when one is lost...the QB takes all the blame/criticism. He went on to explain, and I agree...

    That no single player is responsible for a win or loss...it's the entire team, including coaches...who win or lose the game. Each team member is significant in their own right, regardless of position or notable play. One can't do it without the other, so to speak.

    Imagine if you will...Joe Montana without Jerry Rice, without a strong O-Line, etc..

    :)

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brandon Flowers! Its all his fault!
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 01:13 AM
  2. Its not Herms Fault!! Lets keep him!!
    By Sn@keIze in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 07:51 PM
  3. Brodie Croyle's first touchdown pass
    By IlovetheChiefs in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 01:15 AM
  4. As much Clarks fault as anyones
    By wolfpack in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •