Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It was NOT Croyle's fault

Hybrid View

Default It was NOT Croyle's fault

I know you would like to blame Brody for the loss, but I request you look back at the game, and the stats when you sober up / take your meds. Brody performed fine...When you are pulling your facemask out of the turf every down, bad things are going to happen...He threw for two TD's with a line that was not protecting him at all.

I respectfully ask you to please place the blame where it belongs, and that would be on the O-Line and the management/staff of the Chiefs who refused to do anything about the O-line, even though it was painfully obvious that it was a huge problem.

In closing, please take your head of your *** and stop pointing the finger at Croyle, who did very well for a backup QB. If you think he will 'not have a job Monday' etc etc...then you're WRONG. One look at the tape, and everyone will see where the real problem is.

Respectfully,

KC Maniac
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-14-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comment

No joke dude. I'm completely baffled by the fact that people are blaming Croyle for the loss whatsoever. The defense gave up 500 yards, and we had 28 yards rushing for the entire game.

Croyle had a near flawless game against one of the best defenses in the league, and had to operate with 4 man rushes getting constant pressure.

Croyle did about as good as you can expect against a top defense in the NFL. I though he played well. Ya the chiefs lost but he was not the one who gave up 38 points to the ravens. This was a team loss. Brodie did not win the game but he did not lose it either

I blame the CB´s and lack of pressure... no one else. 24 points should be enough to win a game.

Besides, anyone who expected to do better against a playoff team with a 2-14 record was way to excited.
    Last edited by Argo; 09-13-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Oh yeah, Croyle actually played very well, especially when half his game was played in the turf looking at the knees of the defensive linemen. But, the Cool Aid drinkers can keep living in their 9 and 7 fantasy world.

Dare I say it? Johnson had no impact on the game. He cannot be counted on to relieve any pressure and with the porous O line (like I was excuriated for pointing out 3 months ago) means another bad year. Sorry, but 2 mediocre recievers is NOT what we needed. Go ahead, jump on me again for actually pointing out a glaring truth. Unless the D and O lines are fixed, KC will be a meat-grinder for QB's and secondaries.

The lines are without a doubt the trouble spots for us, but let's not forget that:

a. This is one of the best defenses in the league. Our O-line was bound to look extra crappy against this bunch.

and

b. Pressure on the QB can work both ways. You can do nice things for your secondary with pressure when you give a QB happy feet, BUT, you can also create pressure and sacks with good coverage. I didn't see either.

Croyle did a great job considering who he was facing. Alas, he can't also take the field to prevent the Ravens from scoring twice near the end of the game.

jb

He still has poor reads. And WTF was that time out AFTER the ravens had called a time out? He needs to look down field more, yes I know he has almost no time to throw, but dam he threw too the full back in the flat who was covered by 2 guys.

1 more thing, what the hell was that little dance he did before he got sacked at the end?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Yes we need a o-line that can block. Yes we need a d-line that can get to the qb.
    But could we get some wideouts that know where the 1st down marker is?
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Yes we need a o-line that can block. Yes we need a d-line that can get to the qb.
    But could we get some wideouts that know where the 1st down marker is?
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast