Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: It was NOT Croyle's fault

Default It was NOT Croyle's fault

I know you would like to blame Brody for the loss, but I request you look back at the game, and the stats when you sober up / take your meds. Brody performed fine...When you are pulling your facemask out of the turf every down, bad things are going to happen...He threw for two TD's with a line that was not protecting him at all.

I respectfully ask you to please place the blame where it belongs, and that would be on the O-Line and the management/staff of the Chiefs who refused to do anything about the O-line, even though it was painfully obvious that it was a huge problem.

In closing, please take your head of your *** and stop pointing the finger at Croyle, who did very well for a backup QB. If you think he will 'not have a job Monday' etc etc...then you're WRONG. One look at the tape, and everyone will see where the real problem is.

Respectfully,

KC Maniac
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-14-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comment

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    isn't the game based around huge plays??? alot of games are won from them.....just ask denver.....lucky F......jerks

Well If I have a choice to make my game plan based around the defense scoring or the offense scoring..I think I would probably choose offense.

If I had a choice between being able to move the ball consistently and get 1st downs, or relying on HUGE defensive plays...I would recommend going with plan A.

Thats just me though..

I have always been a fan of solid line play...I think it isn't about huge plays but solid line play every down and 60 minutes of football.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Wait... LUCKY?
    John McGraw is a very good special teams player.

Derrick Johnson is a very good linebacker.

Where's the luck in two solid players at their positions making good plays?

It's week ONE and you're in nuclear meltdown mode.
    Chill. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Theyre good players, but it IS luck to hold the ball only 20 minutes while the other team has it for 40 and still keep the score within 14 points.

I mean relying on defensive scoring to win games is going to take some luck, don't you think?

And I have been in meltdown mode since April.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    Well If I have a choice to make my game plan based around the defense scoring or the offense scoring..I think I would probably choose offense.

If I had a choice between being able to move the ball consistently and get 1st downs, or relying on HUGE defensive plays...I would recommend going with plan A.

Thats just me though..

I have always been a fan of solid line play...I think it isn't about huge plays but solid line play every down and 60 minutes of football.

Again, you're talking smack on an offense whose line has barely even had a chance to make acquaintance with each other. It's not as simple as you think it is. There's chemistry involved. Guys have to know, to an extent, what his team mates are thinking. You don't get that with a bunch of new talent assembled together for the first time only days ago.

Also, I'm not sure if you noticed this, but BRODIE CROYLE was starting. I'm not sure if you noticed this either, but he made some mistakes that, Matt Cassell (theoretically) may not have made, based on what we understand about him from preseason/training camp.

When he got going though, he played well. It took him about 45 minutes too long, but what can you expect from a guy who hasn't played in an entire year, and has been under the microscope of the entire Chiefs Nation since he got drafted?

Theyre good players, but it IS luck to hold the ball only 20 minutes while the other team has it for 40 and still keep the score within 14 points.

I mean relying on defensive scoring to win games is going to take some luck, don't you think?

And I have been in meltdown mode since April.

Sometimes I think it's better to be lucky than good, eh?

And it doesn't matter. It's too early to be losing your brain over this team under yet another regime change.

Just give it some time, would you?

Thats just me though..

You need to relax its early we can fix things.....just light one up, open a cold one, sit in your fav. chair and turn on some pink floyd it will be all better tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Did you not see any positives? I'm not trying to attack you, just genially interested.
    I do see some positives.

In other threads I have stated that I think Brodie did a fine job as QB. He did a hell of a job under the pressure that he faced.

I also think that our defense played respectably in the 1st half...Especially the LB's...The D-Line not so much but they got tired....

Their play would be SO much better of they just had a chance to rest. I really like the defense so far, but I mean when they are on the field for 40 minutes and they barely get a rest in the 1st half...(1 1st down by our offense in the 1st half) of course they will fall apart eventually...And thus allowed 21 points in the 4th quarter.

So yes, there were some positives (as I have stated in other threads, including this one that I started defending Brodie Croyle).

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Croyle is better than Cassell at all... I was just sick of seeing people put the blame on Croyle when to me the number one spot is the O-line.

I (like you I am 100% sure) would love nothing more than to win some games. Hell Even if we just beat the Donks and The Fayders....I am just frustrated because of the O-line play is not allowing the Defense to rest at all, and I see this is going to continue game after game until it is fixed. It is like torture to me watchign what could be a 8-8 team be about 2-3 offensive lineman short and losing games because of it.

I am no football genius but the O-line is the 1st thing I would address right now. Period.
    Last edited by KC Maniac; 09-15-2009 at 04:03 AM.

thought i lighten the mood up haha

COuld have easily been but wasn't. I also watched the game and saw how tired the defense was. I had hope, but I knew that 40 minutes to 20 minutes was just too much time of possesion for even a good defense to overcome. You could see this coming starting in the 1st half when we could not make a 1st down...And in the 4th quarter when our O-line looked like a turnstile.

"Could have been' really doesn't take the pain away for me. It just adds to it.
    Yeah, if only Brodie coulda kept the O on the field for a bit.

PSST

I have a secret for you. The game wasn't even as close as 14 points. We got lucky on 2 huge plays...Otherise it wouldve been much worse. What game were you watching?
    Yeah, Brodie shoulda scored more. Hey!! It looks like you are blaming Brodie!! (or I just dont understand your American)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Wait... LUCKY?
    John McGraw is a very good special teams player.

Derrick Johnson is a very good linebacker.

Where's the luck in two solid players at their positions making good plays?

It's week ONE and you're in nuclear meltdown mode.
    Chill. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    I wish Haley agreed. DJ is a backup now.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Wow, we have a team in turmoil and now the fans are turning on each other. We have to stick together, guys....lol
    We have been at each others throats for as long as we have been online.

But, seriously, the defense allowed almost 5 YPC (4.8), 198 net rushing yards, and 307 passing yards.

Meanwhile, the rushing offense averaged less than two yards per carry.

That is all horrible.

And Croyle led the pasing game with 66.6 completion percentage, two TDs, and 177 yards. Not to mention zero turnovers.

That's a solid day for any NFL QB. And a very good day for guy in Croyle's situation.

With all the injuries he has been through, and the amount of pressure the Ravens' defense was able to get, is it really difficult to expect him to be 'jitterey'?

With the hateful tone that so many fans have taken with him, can we not see where maybe he would be a bit nervous?

And despite the nerves, he still manages to loosen up in the second half, to put up some very good numbers, with a few very good throws.

I'm not trying to crown the guy this season's Thiggy. But the passing game was the only part of this team that did well. (There was a good ST play too)

And they did well against The Baltimore Ravens defense.

It's like looking at a lineup of five murderers and a jay-walker, and trying to say that the jay-walker is the bane of society.

Maybe Croyle is still 'a bumb'. But he did pretty decent this time. Do we really need to try and twist that to fit it into the 'bumb' image?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast