Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez reaches 11,000 recieving yards.

Default Tony Gonzalez reaches 11,000 recieving yards.

Only wish he had done it as Chief.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Absolutely. Last I checked TG isn't even a member of the Chiefs. I will root for the players that are currently on our roster - who are taking the bad with the good - enroute to a championship!!!
    Not sayin' TG didn't have his share of crap teams surrounding him. He did. And they made him look pretty darn good imo. If only he could had stuck it out here for the last years of his career, he would had got his ring. You'll see....
    BTW - nobody ran off TG. If he wanted to be here, he'd be here.
    say what you will about tg leaveing, fans get mad all the time at players who only play for the money a guy plays for a ring and tries to put himself in a better postion to win and some fans get hurt about it. I Will always see TG as a chief nothing will change that. The guy put team first for so many years i dont see the problem with him decideing that he wants to win a ring and putting himself in a better postion. TG did leave he was not ran out but it was a desion he EARNED the right to make. GO TG GO CHIEFS!!!

Bravo Mathewschiefs!
    Just out of Couriosity, no one is wearing TG's number, are they? I think that it should be retired if it isn't already because of if he decides to retire as a chief.

Quote Originally Posted by julejules View Post
    Bravo Mathewschiefs!
    Just out of Couriosity, no one is wearing TG's number, are they? I think that it should be retired if it isn't already because of if he decides to retire as a chief.
    No I dont think anyone eles is wearing 88. And if anyone ever does besides maybe if tony comes back for a year before retireing i will be so mad.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    say what you will about tg leaveing, fans get mad all the time at players who only play for the money a guy plays for a ring and tries to put himself in a better postion to win and some fans get hurt about it. I Will always see TG as a chief nothing will change that. The guy put team first for so many years i dont see the problem with him decideing that he wants to win a ring and putting himself in a better postion. TG did leave he was not ran out but it was a desion he EARNED the right to make. GO TG GO CHIEFS!!!
    Let me ask you a hyopothetical question.

I have been a Chiefs fan now for 20+ years. I eat, sleep and breath Kansas City Chiefs football. What would you say if I decided that I want a team that wins a SB so I decided to become a Patriots fan. What kind of fan would I be? Most would say a bandwagon fan. That is exactly how I feel about Tony.

I was a Chiefs fan long before Tony arrived and I will be a fan long after he retires. He decided that he did not want to be a part of what is happening in Kansas City and that is his choice. I will not however start cheering for ATL just because he is there. I have no ill will towards the guy but I have about as much loyalty to him as he has for us as fans.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Tony had no chance with the chiefs because they were starting over from square 1. He deserves something better. But you want to know something? He loved the chiefs and if Atlanta doesn't make it to the playoffs or superbowl he will retire as a chief. Don't you dare say he gave up on us; the chiefs gave up on him.
    Are you on glue? How can he get almost 100 receptions from a team that gave up on him? Tony himself said he wants to join a SB contender before he retires. He has said it for the last 2 years. That is almost the definintion of giving up on us.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Let me ask you a hyopothetical question.

I have been a Chiefs fan now for 20+ years. I eat, sleep and breath Kansas City Chiefs football. What would you say if I decided that I want a team that wins a SB so I decided to become a Patriots fan. What kind of fan would I be? Most would say a bandwagon fan. That is exactly how I feel about Tony.

I was a Chiefs fan long before Tony arrived and I will be a fan long after he retires. He decided that he did not want to be a part of what is happening in Kansas City and that is his choice. I will not however start cheering for ATL just because he is there. I have no ill will towards the guy but I have about as much loyalty to him as he has for us as fans.

Well to me there is a diffrance from being a fan and being a player. While we as fans want our team to win we are not judged in our everyday lifes by what our football team does. Its not OUR lifes goal to win a championship like it is for some players. I see tony as a guy who has a life dream to be a champion and is doing what he can to get there. Tony WORKED his butt off the last couple of years even after not getting his trade he asked for last season can you realy say he quit. He continued to play for the better of the team. And I dont see how you could say that he was not giveing it 100%. Tony above all eles WANTS TO WIN. Pro athletes get bashed on time and time again for playing for money. You get a guy who yes makes alot of money but also cares about winning and hes some bash on him or say he gave up on the team. At some point after the years pile up I think ANY PLAYER ON ANY TEAM deserves the right to say hey I have not been able to get a championship here let me move on. Thats just how i see it. Tony did ask to be let go but I did not see him quit. Quiting would be not giveing it 100% on the field. I did not see that. IMO that is not quiting its doing all you can do to win.

As for the fan question I think that if you change teams after that long thats your right. Now if you go to a team like the pats see them win a superbowl then change back yes i would say thats a banwagon fan. But if you stick it out with that team for years going through the good times and the bad. Then No i think thats just makeing a change. I would not consider that being a bandwagon fan. some may but i dont. GO CHIEFS!!!

When did I say he quit? I said he gave up on being a part of this franchise. I never said Tony didnt give 100% but if u dont think he gave up on the Chiefs then explain this

When did I say he quit? I said he gave up on being a part of this franchise. I never said Tony didnt give 100% but if u dont think he gave up on the Chiefs then explain this

must have read your post wrong the first time becuse that was the sense i got for it at first looking back i now understand it better. I just misunderstood it. I can be very slow at times . I still dont think It was Tony being disloyal to the chiefs. I think it was just him doing what he could to get a ring and i will never blame a guy for that. I wont root for the falcons to win anymore then before and if they ever play the chiefs with him there i will ALWAYS root for the chiefs but I do hope he continues to play just as well as he did here.
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 09-19-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Are you on glue? How can he get almost 100 receptions from a team that gave up on him? Tony himself said he wants to join a SB contender before he retires. He has said it for the last 2 years. That is almost the definintion of giving up on us.
    Ok, Canada, what was meant by 'the chiefs giving up on Tony' is the youth movement crap. Yes, TG did very well last season. I'm not putting down the chiefs for that but he deserves a SB ring and with the chiefs in their present state its not going to happen any time soon. I'm sure that Tony isn't going to want to wait around until the chiefs ARE ready, I'm sure that he wants to retire before he is 45-50.

P.S. - May I use that picture of TG wearing chiefs jersey/hawks helmet?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Tony had no chance with the chiefs because they were starting over from square 1. He deserves something better. But you want to know something? He loved the chiefs and if Atlanta doesn't make it to the playoffs or superbowl he will retire as a chief. Don't you dare say he gave up on us; the chiefs gave up on him.
    We've been starting over from square 1 since Herm was brought in. He wasn't screaming real loud at that point...
    SHUT IT

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast