Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Here's something you would never hear Herm say to a player!

Default Here's something you would never hear Herm say to a player!

I thought that's what he said. I like it. Brodie played way better from that point on. It's about time we have a coach that shows some attitude and isn't afraid to put a player in their place.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-14-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Violated Language Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Amazing.
    Truly!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Amazing.
    I didn't see that post by Church. Kinda ironic but I guess it totally makes sense that the guy who won't get off his high horse to help his community cuz they're just a bunch of alcoholic pothead pieces of crap gets on a soapbox about freedom of speech in relation to cussing on the internet...

He's right tho, this is America where we do have freedom of speech so I can say:

church makes me rofl, now pass me a beer and a bong!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

What an interesting thread this has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    chiefster as to reply to your really weak arguement that we dont pay so we cant say what we want.. You didnt pay any of the people who founded the bill of rights.. the constitution or any of the amendments.. so do u agree you dont have freedom of speech? And for the person who has the "ten year old sister" over his shoulder that is on you not us posting. The Internet holds way worse than a Gif of hailey giving it to brody.. Id tell you what id think of your intelligence but id prob get another infraction. God knows ive gotten countless ones of those because of some WORDS that make peoples internet feelings get butt hurt. Its simple dont like bad words or offensive things then stay inside the rest of your life... LIFE IS OFFENSIVE!
    You became offended by my words when I made reference to your actions, as they pertain to your religious beliefs.

You are far from above it all, as you portray yourself to be.

As far as the comparison of this website and The United States of America go....

Someone owns this site and allows you to participate, within their guidlines, if you wish. The country belongs to all of the citizens.

Are you part owner of Chiefscrowd.com?

And you were right about one thing. It is simple.

But, if you don't like "bad words" or offensive things, then there are people and places that will share that sentiment and will not allow it.

Just like if you don't like The Oakland Raiders, there will be people and places that share that sentiment.

How about if you go see how many people share your sentiment of how Church_backfield is the double Uber Burger with extra 'Leet sauce, and join in what is sure to be a thriving community of like-minded people.

Enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    What an interesting thread this has become.
    If i wanted to see a bunch of idiots fight, i'd watch jon and kate plust 8 !!

Here's a little tip for all of you that don't like the rules....there are over a billion websites on the internet, go find another one!!

sorry if i'm speaking out of turn, i think i'm still a little in noobsville, but i'm trying hard to get to know things better!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I too use a "curse word" in almost every sentence in real life.

But there is a variety of different websites around. Plenty of Chiefs websites, even. And if none of them allow the kind of language that we are discussing, then you could always start your own site, with whatever rules you choose.

Since this is Coah's site, he makes the rules. Much like if he were to ask that noone smoke in his car, or scream in his home.

We are visiting his site. We just need to respect his rules.

Now, if it were someone's home, and they said "No 'curse words' in my home", I would probably have to leave.

Not because I choose to not obey the rule. It's because "what the ****'s going on?" doesn't have the backspace option in speech. But it is so easy to edit in type.

Peoples' choices of rules for THEIR home,Their restaraunt, THEIR car and THEIR website is... THEIRS.

Just because the website is "open to the public" does not mean that it belongs to the public. It is still privately owned.

Even if we were paying for membership, we are still guests.

Now, as I said above, I agree with sentiment of the quoted post. The words only mean whatever the user intended it to mean. ("What the ****'s going on?" = "What the heck's going on?")

I think the reason that the rules are employed here, is because one misunderstanding of the intent can breed the kind of atmosphere that is unwanted here.

And, as anyone who uses "curse words" regularly knows, that happens alot. Especially in heated debates.

So, as opposed to trying to police who misinterpreted what, (Like that doesn't already happen enough around here) the line can be drawn much more clearly at the well-known "curse words" point.

Rep for the logic, though, Pawn.
    Sorry for the late response, but yeah, I get where you're coming from. I both understand and respect the concept of "house rules", which is why I haven't adamantly pursued this conquest; I just put my two cents in and made sure to retain a respectful tone while doing so. All in all, I value this community more than I value the ability to "effectively" emote in said community.

I also understand the Pandora's Box that could easily be opened by uncensored chat. People start dropping F bombs with regularity, and pretty soon some inevitable idiot starts lobbing out the "N word" with precisely no discretion whatsoever. Mass chaos and a bad reputation for the site promptly ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post

I also understand the Pandora's Box that could easily be opened by uncensored chat. People start dropping F bombs with regularity, and pretty soon some inevitable idiot starts lobbing out the "N word" with precisely no discretion whatsoever. Mass chaos and a bad reputation for the site promptly ensues.
    Bingo. Thanks for your understanding.

If we didn't have any kind of censorship this site wouldn't be the site it is. It is a site where all chiefs fans can get together and voice their opinions about things.
    Talking all poopie mouth is disrespectful to the other members as well as to all the other people that are looking for a site about the chiefs, if there was no censorship most visitors would never come back because they see how it didn't care about how visitors think about this site.
    It comes down to respect. Kudos to Coach for wanting to have a respectable site.

Coach is a poopie mouth too ya know!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

<a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678