Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geez

Default Geez

I'm telling ya, people just have to find SOMETHING to complain about Whether it's, "LOL BRODIE SUCKS, GET HIM OUT!!", or "LJ is still useless! I don't care if Baltimore has only given up one 100 yard rusher in.....ever! Still useless!"

Come on people, did anyone HONESTLY expect us to even score 24 points against these guys? I SURE DIDN'T! I was shocked that we actually put together a 90 yard drive! Yes, our defense gave up a lot of yards, but they were on the field for 40 freaking minutes. Every time it came time to get off the field, they'd just throw at Leggett, who probably won't be starting next week.

Pressure still has it's issues, there were a few times that Hali got there, but we just couldn't do it consistently, and when we did get there, we could never knock Flacco down. In the end, this team completely surpassed my expectations for this game, and knowing that this was one of the tougher teams on our schedule, I think this spells good things for the rest of the year.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

When we've gone win-less for as long as we have, right or wrong, people are going to voice frustration untill we begin winning consistently. However, I do have to agree that I, too, was surprised to see that we scored 24 points against the Ravens. And, call me an uneducated "homer" if you will but I still like what Haley is doing with the team over all and the direction he's trying to take us. :)

24-24 LATE in the game on the road at Baltimore. I'll take it.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm telling ya, people just have to find SOMETHING to complain about Whether it's, "LOL BRODIE SUCKS, GET HIM OUT!!", or "LJ is still useless! I don't care if Baltimore has only given up one 100 yard rusher in.....ever! Still useless!"

Come on people, did anyone HONESTLY expect us to even score 24 points against these guys? I SURE DIDN'T! I was shocked that we actually put together a 90 yard drive! Yes, our defense gave up a lot of yards, but they were on the field for 40 freaking minutes. Every time it came time to get off the field, they'd just throw at Leggett, who probably won't be starting next week.

Pressure still has it's issues, there were a few times that Hali got there, but we just couldn't do it consistently, and when we did get there, we could never knock Flacco down. In the end, this team completely surpassed my expectations for this game, and knowing that this was one of the tougher teams on our schedule, I think this spells good things for the rest of the year.
    Totally agree with you...my friends were telling me we were going to get murdered but i didn't believe it...it was nice at the bar there was a steelers fan there who was cheering for the chiefs with me

also REP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post

I also agree with this. I think people forget that the ravens were 1 game away from the superbowl last year. They are far from chopped liver. If Cassel and Flowers were in the game it would of been interesting but the fact we made the ravens work for it impressed me.

Im already seeing alot of Haley hate aswell. Do people really think the game would of been this close with Herm? Im sick of hearing about Todd Haleys ego. What this team is used to doesn't work! Maybe they need some hardass with a ego to work them in to shape.

This is also a rebuilding year. Im not talking about a Herm Edwards "rebuilding year", but a REAL rebuilding year. Everyone needs to be cut some slack. Its a new management, new coach, and new system. Give it time to work!

We still have a few problems and we all knew that. But we have to take a lot of positives from the game.
    We played physical football with a very physical team. The "D" played fairly well considering how long they were on the field. Still need a consistant pass rush, but it was better. I really hope Pioli signs Runyon, but the big"O" should be ready to play this week and that sure can't hurt.
    I'm with you guys about all the haters. We gained some respect yesterday and are headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post

Me too!

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post

ME TOO!
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I also agree with this. I think people forget that the ravens were 1 game away from the superbowl last year. They are far from chopped liver. If Cassel and Flowers were in the game it would of been interesting but the fact we made the ravens work for it impressed me.

Im already seeing alot of Haley hate aswell. Do people really think the game would of been this close with Herm? Im sick of hearing about Todd Haleys ego. What this team is used to doesn't work! Maybe they need some hardass with a ego to work them in to shape.

This is also a rebuilding year. Im not talking about a Herm Edwards "rebuilding year", but a REAL rebuilding year. Everyone needs to be cut some slack. Its a new management, new coach, and new system. Give it time to work!
    This, and rep!

Finally some fans with a little sense. We weren't supposed to win this game, or even keep it competitive. We were 13 point underdogs at kickoff, and we had the spread covered until the final seconds of the game. The defense struggled to get off the field and gave up a ton of yards, but for the first time in a while I really saw a team that looked like it was a year or two away from contending, whereas last year it really felt like we were getting lucky a lot, and that's what was causing us to keep games close. Yesterday, we looked like a respectable NFL team.

Fans are ripping into each other in the game thread and I don't understand it. Yesterday's game was a loss, but I felt it was a step in the right direction. No Flowers, no Cassel, and we still kept it competitive.
    Last edited by yashi; 09-14-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast