Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign WR Bobby Wade

Default Chiefs sign WR Bobby Wade

http://twitter.com/mortreport

Bobby Wade to Chiefs. Colts were interested, not Titans.
    Good move! He can return punts immediately and improves our WR corps also.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Not so much I expected him to do absolutely nothing. 22nd ranked passer out of 28, no first down till near the second half. Inability to stay on the field. A bunch of three and outs. I could have put up no numbers and not had a turn over while wetting my pants. What I dont think I could have done, was look that lost in the last sequence of plays, that took talent to go down on 4 plays in a row like that. But it is ok Hermie still loves him.

He did however make sure that Colquitt got playing time, in the short time the O was on the field Colquitt got to come out and punt 5 times and we were 1-2 on 4th down plays. I don't remember the exact numbers but third down conversions were also way low.

I can say Croyle did come back and play good most of the second half (where his good numbers came from). But the last 2 minutes are where QBs are made, and he failed miserably, also you have to be consistant and his first half was miserable and actualyl got benched before finally starting to play well.
    Once again with the whining. You don't think that maybe, possibly, just by some slim chance, that perhaps the offensive line was the reason we didn't have a first down for so long, do you? I mean, when you look at the rushing yards and yards per carry, does that say anything to you about why we were so ineffective in the first place?

Consistent... let's see if he plays again if he's consistent. He's played in ONE game this season, and really- he's the backup. For a backup, I think he played really well. YOU may not think it's that big of a deal that he didn't turn the ball over, but that's huge in the game of football. I don't give a flying *&$^$ if he's the 22nd ranked passer out of 28- that's a stat. What I was disappointed in is that we didn't win the game- but that could hardly be placed on Croyle's shoulders. Again- O-line gets my poop-burger for that.

Let me guess what you'd be saying about Croyle if we'd won.

As for your assertion that you could have played an entire half of NFL football as well as Brodie Croyle did this past Sunday? I would *love* for you to play a single series against the Baltimore D, sir.

jb

May be what you go on but I prefer third down conversions and actual production. I do admit I am happy he didnt throw a pic against a good Ravens D.
    Well yeah, the fact his interceptions were low. The single thing that impressed me the most with Croyle by far is the fact that he was able to play the whole game (aside from 2 plays) and did NOT get injured.

Have to consider that a huge success for the kid!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well yeah, the fact his interceptions were low. The single thing that impressed me the most with Croyle by far is the fact that he was able to play the whole game (aside from 2 plays) and did NOT get injured.

Have to consider that a huge success for the kid!!!

That is true- I thought he played really well Sunday, but it was quite a feat for him to stay unbroken for 4 quarters.

Any wonder, with how fragile he is, why he was so nervous behind our line?

jb

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Once again with the whining. You don't think that maybe, possibly, just by some slim chance, that perhaps the offensive line was the reason we didn't have a first down for so long, do you? I mean, when you look at the rushing yards and yards per carry, does that say anything to you about why we were so ineffective in the first place?

Consistent... let's see if he plays again if he's consistent. He's played in ONE game this season, and really- he's the backup. For a backup, I think he played really well. YOU may not think it's that big of a deal that he didn't turn the ball over, but that's huge in the game of football. I don't give a flying *&$^$ if he's the 22nd ranked passer out of 28- that's a stat. What I was disappointed in is that we didn't win the game- but that could hardly be placed on Croyle's shoulders. Again- O-line gets my poop-burger for that.

Let me guess what you'd be saying about Croyle if we'd won.

As for your assertion that you could have played an entire half of NFL football as well as Brodie Croyle did this past Sunday? I would *love* for you to play a single series against the Baltimore D, sir.

jb

If we would have won, which wasn't far from reality, I would have still said he had a miserable first half, he had a better second half (I even think pretty good second half) and then I would give the fact that they won to Haley/Pioli good teams find a way to win. Even though they lost I feel the exact same way. I have said over and over we didn't lose this game due to Brodie, but he also did nothing to win this game. He played not to lose, that is a Hermie way of thinking, I am tired of that.

I did see several times where it was obvious that we were playing more aggressive I just saw the play with Croyle was playing safe. Maybe this was a product of the play calling but I just didnt see that.

Who got released? Quinten Lawrence? Jake O'Connell? Matt Gutierrez?

Chiefs expected to sign veteran receiver Bobby Wade - Kansas City Star

Don't believe he is completely signed yet, I am hoping for Lawrence to be released - moved to practice squad.
    I don't think it will be Gutie, and I really hope not, I think he is raw and unrefined but can end up being a great backup. Plus he has the Patriot connection so I don't think he will be the first QB cut. For some reason Thiggy is in the doghouse so I could possibly see him being cut before Gutie.

I think there is enough blame to go around for the loss and the lack of "consistent" production. Croyle did some things right and he did some things wrong; the loss is not entirely his fault. It is a team sport; they win and lose as a team. This was not Croyle's loss; it was the Chiefs loss.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-15-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think there is enough blame to go around for the loss and the lack of "consistent" production. Croyle did some things right and he did some things wrong; the loss is not entirely his fault. It is a team sport; they win and lose as a team. This was not Croyle's loss; it was the Chiefs loss.

Just my two cents.
    ... This

Was that correct form?

... This

Was that correct form?
    It is in deed sir!

Regardless of how well he played. He is still 0-9 as a starter. Everything I have seen of Croyle is that he is good enough to not lose a game, but not good enough to win one.

When you really need him to make a play, he over throws it.

Yeah, I know the offensive line is horrific, but he has done nothing, and I mean nothing to make me feel like he gives us a chance to win.

He is what he is. A backup...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast