Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tek's Take on Week One. Some Big Points that Should Be Mentioned.

Default Tek's Take on Week One. Some Big Points that Should Be Mentioned.

Well guys, I was in no position to type anything yesterday, definitly over indulged at the bar and we will just leave it at that. Anyway, there was a couple of points that I thought should be mentioned that nobody has.

First of all, I thought that the pass rush was pretty good for most of the game. On the first drive, we didnt blitz more than 4 and I was wondering why, Im sure you were too. After that, we seemed to rush pretty frequently and it worked. The Ravens had 5 holding calls in the first half! Mostly because someone was running free to the QB and they grabbed him. Tamba was completly hooked around the neck in the endzone that should have been a safety. HE BLEW passed that guy! The refs gave us a crappy call, saying it happened on the 1, so there was no safety. The next play, Flacco is gonna be sacked for a safety and throws it away, only to be saved by the refs AGAIN. The Ravens were clawing, scratching and biting to escape sacks. Contrary to what another member posted, The Ravens line is very good and physical and I think we gave them fits.

Second of all, WTF Clancy!? why was Maurice Leggett playing 10 yards off every play?! He had no chance to make a play and often was right there for the tackle after a first down or big gain. Am I the only one that noticed this?

Third of all, The Ravens haven't given up a hundred yard rusher in 38 games (39 now) and have only had TWO over 60 in that same period. I think we can expect to see a much better running game the rest of the year than what we saw against the best defense of the decade.

Fourth, Brodie Croyle ended up with 116.00 QB rating with 2 TD's and 0 picks. Not bad at all, Brodie. What was bad is that he was only 2 of 10 on third down. If the chiefs are able to run the ball better (which I know we will) and the coaching staff gets these recievers running thier routes past the marker (which you know Haley will do) I think we can be much better. When you add the fact that Matt Cassell will be at the Helm over Brodie, it only makes sense that we will perform better in that area.

Last but not least, DJ has to strart next week, the experiment is over Todd. Hopefully with Brandon Flowers back next week our defense looks better, but after giving up 501 yards to the Ravens, Clancy HAS to step it up. I know, nobody expected the Ravens to come out passing, but that is no excuse, we gave up way too many first downs and big gains because of bad play calls. The go-ahead TD pass with 2 minutes left happened when Clancy blitzed both safeties. Am I the only one that thought it was ridiculous to blitz both safeties? Obviously Clancy's defense can create HUGE plays, but at what cost? Hopefully he figures it out and I think he will.

In conclusion, I think that we will be competitive this year and unlike the previous years, I dont think that we have to wait until "next year" to be good, I think come week 8, people aren't going to want to play the Chiefs.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I agree with almost everything you say, I thought Brodie was a little to scared behind the line, he played bad in the first half and the last series. Overall though he WAS serviceable.

I understand being scared because of what he has been through and behind the O-Line (which I dont think was all that bad.) But if your scared you shouldnt be playing the position.

The thing I agree with most is that we wont have to wait till next year, this team has serious potential.

Right on and I would rep ya if I had any rep left to give.

GO CHIEFS.

Nice read Tek!

To answer one of your questions, Pendergast wasn't making Leggett play that far back. Usually, coaches only say to do that when they're expecting something deep. That was probably Leggett just feeling uncomfortable.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I didnt watch the game (Im on the west coast) but I did listen to it online. It seemed like from what the announcers were saying, DJ was in on passing situations. Maybe Clancy/Haley think Mays and Williams are better with handling the running game, and DJ is better in coverage or going after the QB.

That being said, I was excited to hear his name making big plays throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    To answer one of your questions, Pendergast wasn't making Leggett play that far back. Usually, coaches only say to do that when they're expecting something deep. That was probably Leggett just feeling uncomfortable.
    No way 7's. A corner has one of 3 zones assigned to him or man to man. Thats it. If you include bump and run (jam) as its own coverage, than thats 5 standard reads for a corner. Where he lines up, dictates his read. No way Leggett is choosing where he wants to line up. They had him playing deep zone the whole time so he didnt get beat deep. The Ravens just hit slants and hooks all day to that side.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Nah, I think Todd was trying to get into DJ's head just like he was with Bowe. Johnson has the potential to be a very, very good linebacker in this league, but he has underachieved to an extent. How many seasons have we speculated this *this* year would be DJ's breakout season? Pretty much every one after his rookie year, to my recollection. The guy is flipping good, as he demonstrated on Sunday. He ought to get more playing time against the Rai'DERRRS this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Well guys, I was in no position to type anything yesterday, definitly over indulged at the bar and we will just leave it at that. Anyway, there was a couple of points that I thought should be mentioned that nobody has.

First of all, I thought that the pass rush was pretty good for most of the game. On the first drive, we didnt blitz more than 4 and I was wondering why, Im sure you were too. After that, we seemed to rush pretty frequently and it worked. The Ravens had 5 holding calls in the first half! Mostly because someone was running free to the QB and they grabbed him. Tamba was completly hooked around the neck in the endzone that should have been a safety. HE BLEW passed that guy! The refs gave us a crappy call, saying it happened on the 1, so there was no safety. The next play, Flacco is gonna be sacked for a safety and throws it away, only to be saved by the refs AGAIN. The Ravens were clawing, scratching and biting to escape sacks. Contrary to what another member posted, The Ravens line is very good and physical and I think we gave them fits.

Second of all, WTF Clancy!? why was Maurice Leggett playing 10 yards off every play?! He had no chance to make a play and often was right there for the tackle after a first down or big gain. Am I the only one that noticed this?

Third of all, The Ravens haven't given up a hundred yard rusher in 38 games (39 now) and have only had TWO over 60 in that same period. I think we can expect to see a much better running game the rest of the year than what we saw against the best defense of the decade.

Fourth, Brodie Croyle ended up with 116.00 QB rating with 2 TD's and 0 picks. Not bad at all, Brodie. What was bad is that he was only 2 of 10 on third down. If the chiefs are able to run the ball better (which I know we will) and the coaching staff gets these recievers running thier routes past the marker (which you know Haley will do) I think we can be much better. When you add the fact that Matt Cassell will be at the Helm over Brodie, it only makes sense that we will perform better in that area.

Last but not least, DJ has to strart next week, the experiment is over Todd. Hopefully with Brandon Flowers back next week our defense looks better, but after giving up 501 yards to the Ravens, Clancy HAS to step it up. I know, nobody expected the Ravens to come out passing, but that is no excuse, we gave up way too many first downs and big gains because of bad play calls. The go-ahead TD pass with 2 minutes left happened when Clancy blitzed both safeties. Am I the only one that thought it was ridiculous to blitz both safeties? Obviously Clancy's defense can create HUGE plays, but at what cost? Hopefully he figures it out and I think he will.

In conclusion, I think that we will be competitive this year and unlike the previous years, I dont think that we have to wait until "next year" to be good, I think come week 8, people aren't going to want to play the Chiefs.
    I realy agree on the pass rush. I dont no how the chiefs were only given credit for 1 hurry. falco had to scramble around time and time again. Unfortuantly he found someone open time and time again. Usely leggets man. but the chiefs pass rush was there.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Nah, I think Todd was trying to get into DJ's head just like he was with Bowe. Johnson has the potential to be a very, very good linebacker in this league, but he has underachieved to an extent. How many seasons have we speculated this *this* year would be DJ's breakout season? Pretty much every one after his rookie year, to my recollection. The guy is flipping good, as he demonstrated on Sunday. He ought to get more playing time against the Rai'DERRRS this weekend.
    Time to avenge last season's home opener!

We're gonna win this one. I just know it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast