Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Larry Johnson Express?

Default Larry Johnson Express?

So i noticed there is a group of you guys that think LJ is gonna get 1500 yards and 15 touchdowns, and after this preseason and first game, i respectfully disagree. And for a brief moment of time, I am going to be negative:

Larry Johnson Express, whats he on the express way to backing up Charles??? LMAO

Ok, now i will revert to my normally positive self....

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Then why wait at the station?
    Yeah, moved on already. Not going to hang out waiting for this one.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So all this cause he didnt do well against Baltimore? Give it a game or two before you hang the guy.
    I was very unimpressed with his entire preseason as well. I just cant figure out if its our line, LJ's ability, or the play calling, maybe a mixture of all three...............But this isn't working. I think its time we use a fast back.

I cartainly wouldn't be so bold as to "I told ya so" at this point of the season. And I didn't 'tell anyone'...anything, anyway.

But, even if Roaf and Shields had both come out of retirement for the season, I still wouldn't be on the Larry Johnson bandwagon. I would be on the Roaf & Shields bandwagon.

And Haley is gonna throw the ball all he can anyway. Not like the Cardinals were able to run the ball last season. They were dead last in rushing yards.

But I do hope your bandwagon rolls right past it's goal in about week 12.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I will smoke CRACK if Johnson makes to even 1200 yards.
    I lol'd at this.

I think if LJ doesn't have a good game this week against the Raiders, then I'm in firm belief that Charles should be seeing double digit carries every game from here on out. I think the days of 30 carries for LJ are almost certainly in the past, and not just because of what I saw Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, moved on already. Not going to hang out waiting for this one.

I'd love to see LJ rack up a 1500 yard season and all that but fact is, I really don't give a ____ who's running the ball as long as we can get some kind of a running game going. All I want is for the players to be on the field that give us the best chance to win and I trust Haley to do that.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I cartainly wouldn't be so bold as to "I told ya so" at this point of the season. And I didn't 'tell anyone'...anything, anyway.

But, even if Roaf and Shields had both come out of retirement for the season, I still wouldn't be on the Larry Johnson bandwagon. I would be on the Roaf & Shields bandwagon.

And Haley is gonna throw the ball all he can anyway. Not like the Cardinals were able to run the ball last season. They were dead last in rushing yards.

But I do hope your bandwagon rolls right past it's goal in about week 12.
    Good point, although I think part of that stat is because they relied so heavily on the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Good point, although I think part of that stat is because they relied so heavily on the pass.
    Yep. Arizona Cardinals.

LJ will be fine. In fact, I think he has a chance to have a big season. The Chiefs ran into a great run defense with Baltimore.

Jamaal Charles only ran for 8 yards as well. Is he a bum as well since he had a bad rushing day? LJ will be fine. I would have liked to see more runs outside the tackles. It was getting old seeing the same old inside running play for 2 yards each time. I'm not sure that I am on the 1500 yard bandwagon, but I think he will cross the 1000 yd mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123