Thread: Cameras at Arrowhead.

Default Cameras at Arrowhead.

Does anyone know if the Chiefs are very strict about what kind of cameras they allow in the stadium? I know some places don't allow "professional" cameras, or basically anything with detachable lenses. Seems crazy to me, but it's true. Just wanted to find out before my wife and I go to the game in a few weeks.

I think these are acceptable.

Seriously though last year at the home opener my wife brought along a couple of disposable cams, but I'm afraid I don't know about the pro cameras.

From this link here, it looks like any "professional" cameras and video cameras are not allowed, but small still cameras are okay:

Kansas City Chiefs - Stadium Policies

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

My wife is a professional, atleast she says she is. she does take weddings,family shots,ect. i carry one cammera and a extra lens and she does the same. We have have never had any problems getting in except once. That is when she carried a bigger bag in. She had to take it back. I do know they wont let in video cameras. She ends up taking around 300 to 400 pics from tailgating to the end of the game.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

THe last two seasons I took my Canon EOS 30D, which at the time was considered one of the top of the line cameras and highly "professional".

Here is the deal, I went to the gate first before gametime and I asked security about bringing it in. The first guy told me no, but the second guy said yes. It wasn't until I tried to bring in my 300 - 600 zoom lens that something was said.

I bought a 35 - 300 zoom and was able to take that in last year without any issues, I also was able to sneak in a 2x telephoto adapter with it and was able to get some great closeups of the action on the field.

In short, they are going to stop you if you bring in a large and long looking lens. Bring in a smaller one and you should have no issues at the gate, but a good practice is to ask FIRST, and then go to that gate when you go into the stadium.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I only went to arrowhead once and had a digtal camra and had no problem but i did not use it much just a couple of snap shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    THe last two seasons I took my Canon EOS 30D, which at the time was considered one of the top of the line cameras and highly "professional".

Here is the deal, I went to the gate first before gametime and I asked security about bringing it in. The first guy told me no, but the second guy said yes. It wasn't until I tried to bring in my 300 - 600 zoom lens that something was said.

I bought a 35 - 300 zoom and was able to take that in last year without any issues, I also was able to sneak in a 2x telephoto adapter with it and was able to get some great closeups of the action on the field.

In short, they are going to stop you if you bring in a large and long looking lens. Bring in a smaller one and you should have no issues at the gate, but a good practice is to ask FIRST, and then go to that gate when you go into the stadium.
    That camera was increadible.